• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Rogers hinting at Bloodborne Remaster at Sony next event

Knightime_X

Team fake until further notice.
Not falling for this an 80th time.

...When is Sony's next event anyways?

Last edited:

Mentat02

Banned
giphy.gif

It would be hilarious if they announced a 60fps PS5 AND PC port at the same time. Fanboys would flip the fuck out.
I mean why not. not like the game is super popular on playstation anyways.

Majority of playstation owners have not even played or beat the game. sony fanboys just like to brag about Bloodborne, not play it.

Fake

Yeah, I don’t really care as long as they release an updated PS5 version as well.

This is me. I never cared about Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC, but was quite sad seeing a PC version and not a PS5 version.

If the price for a PS5 version means a game come to PC I'll 100% agree. Thats my deal.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This Sony summer event is going to be tasty AF. Could be the greatest gaming event of all time at this rate.

I still don’t understand what is so special about this game, not my cup of tea, bought it, tried it, didn’t like it.
It's definitely not for everyone, but for me it was that it was about the best Cosmic Horror/Lovecraftian game I'd played in a long time and Cosmic Horror games are pretty few and far apart in the AAA space. It felt like a faster, tighter Dark Souls 2 with a lot of Lovecraft sprinkled on top. It just really suffered from pretty bad performance issues and frame pacing.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Can we please stop with making a thread for every blue checkmarked guy with over 10k followers who throws something in the room?
Please, sick of these clout seeking circus 🤡’s on twitter putting out more bullshit into the either for attention, because the gaming audience is gullible enough to believe them. The only reason they do it is for more followers or for the truly desperate to get patreon subscribers. These dipshits dont know anything. As someone who actually knows a small hand ful of things (nothing major mind you) because of some friends in the industry, i would never divulge that shit, or even hint at it or w/e. That puts peoples jobs at risk

This is just speculation from someone that almost never has a serious tone lol you guys keep getting fooled by online personalities.

NT80

Make a new game for crying out loud. I'd hate to see a remaster of a game that isn't even that old.

I would love this to be true.
I mean, we'll almost certainly get a follow up at some point as a couple of years ago Hidetaka Miyazaki said that Bloodborne was his favourite to make and the one that was closest to him. Also, it seems it's just a mater of Sony wanting to make a follow up and finding a time when he's not busy on another project.
Hidetaka Miyazaki:
But if I were to say which one stayed in my heart the most, it’s Bloodborne. It’s the one that marked me the most. I believe I did it my way, the way I wanted.
Bloodborne 2… Unfortunately, it’s not up to me.

FetraLife (October 2019)

Skifi28

With that amount of money on the line, he has to know something. It's finally happening!!!!!11111oneone

MiguelItUp

Bloodborne remaster by Bluepoint. That's why Sony/From not upgraded it. I had that hypophysis a long time ago.
It was also a lingering rumor that kept showing its head. There was also some YouTuber that went into a hefty deep dive about it awhile ago. Claiming he had various connections that confirmed the Demon's Souls remake, etc.

Take this ALL with a grain of salt. The largest grain.

Aside from a 60fps patch of some kind it really doesn't need anything else. "Upgrades" sound good an all, but honestly if they just patched it I'd be 100% with it and will beat the game a 5th time lol

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah..umm not really interested in a Remaster

That makes sense. Sony loves their remaster easy money
Do you honestly feel that the sheer work that is put into Sony re-releases could realistically be classed as a way to get easy money in any realistic way?
The two re-releases that the PS5 has had are Demon's Souls and Spider-Man.
Demon's Souls is a complete and I would imagine very expensive remake that's been built from the ground up that runs on the original movement data so that it doesn't play differently.

Spider-Man Remastered is far less of a remake but it's substantial remaster for an openworld game that doubles the frame rate, adds real time ray tracing for a launch title as well other les prominant changes.

There's nothing about these that could be classed as easy money in any way. You can also go back further and look at the Uncharted and Last of Us remasters both of which hasd substantial work done on them before being rereleased. PlayStation re-releases are often very popular with people simple because people enjoy the games and they feel the work that has been put into the upgrades is worthwhile.
Of course, other upgrades such as God of War, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet & Clank haven't had the same amount of work put into the PS5 versions but that's fine because they now run at 60fps and those upgrades were free to anybdy who owned those games so that's a route to easy money either.

Of course, other upgrades such as God of War, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet & Clank haven't had the same amount of work put into the PS5 versions but that's fine because they now run at 60fps and those upgrades were free to anybdy who owned those games so that's a route to easy money either.
That's what people have been asking for though. That's all we want. People have been asking for a PS4Pro patch for BB for years and years without a word being said. And you post some great examples and make fair points about remakes, but it's not easily out of the scope of thought to think that Sony wouldn't try and find a way to charge you one way or the other. Spiderman PS5 should have been free for at least the original release of the game without the MM content for previous PS4 owners and it wasn't, so it's not like there isn't a precedent.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
If ever there was a PS game that should be on PC it is Bloodborne.

Make This Happen Do It GIF by Team Coco

(but also Persona 5)

Last edited:

Yoboman

That's what people have been asking for though. That's all we want. People have been asking for a PS4Pro patch for BB for years and years without a word being said. And you post some great examples and make fair points about remakes, but it's not easily out of the scope of thought to think that Sony wouldn't try and find a way to charge you one way or the other. Spiderman PS5 should have been free for at least the original release of the game without the MM content for previous PS4 owners and it wasn't, so it's not like there isn't a precedent.
I'll happily pay for a Bloodborne remake with Demons Souls quality visuals and performance. In fact I'd prefer it over a simple frame rate unlock

It is what some have been asking for.
The issue with an upgrade like that, as even Digital Foundry and NG Gamer have covered, worked with game older engines that have been superceded and may not even exist in the way that used to means that it's often not possible to go back and rework an older versions of the game. I can understand why people may want an easy upgrade but that's just not going to possible for all older games and I would imagine that Bloodborne would be one of those games.
it is something that DF talked abour pretty recently.

It is what some have been asking for.
The issue with an upgrade like that, as even Digital Foundry and NG Gamer have covered, worked with game older engines that have been superceded and may not even exist in the way that used to means that it's often not possible to go back and rework an older versions of the game. I can understand why people may want an easy upgrade but that's just not going to possible for all older games and I would imagine that Bloodborne would be one of those games.
it is something that DF talked abour pretty recently.
There's video on DF with an interview of a guy who has modded Bloodborne to run at 60fps on a PS4Pro running at 720p. It can be done. It just isn't. For reasons.

I'll happily pay for a Bloodborne remake with Demons Souls quality visuals and performance. In fact I'd prefer it over a simple frame rate unlock

At this point, I'd be fine with either. Don't care which one, just as long as one of them happens.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

This will redeem Sony for me. I'm so far, disgusted by how BB has been treated. No update for the Pro, no PS5 update. Just wtf

Do you honestly feel that the sheer work that is put into Sony re-releases could realistically be classed as a way to get easy money in any realistic way?
The two re-releases that the PS5 has had are Demon's Souls and Spider-Man.
Demon's Souls is a complete and I would imagine very expensive remake that's been built from the ground up that runs on the original movement data so that it doesn't play differently.

Spider-Man Remastered is far less of a remake but it's substantial remaster for an openworld game that doubles the frame rate, adds real time ray tracing for a launch title as well other les prominant changes.

There's nothing about these that could be classed as easy money in any way. You can also go back further and look at the Uncharted and Last of Us remasters both of which hasd substantial work done on them before being rereleased. PlayStation re-releases are often very popular with people simple because people enjoy the games and they feel the work that has been put into the upgrades is worthwhile.

Yes, you can do that without taking money.
Just like many other publishers who update their games free of charge.

Does not work for demon souls, to be fair as that isn't a Ps4 game.
But sure it does not work on Playstation, because its not a PC or Xbox. That's on Sony again tho, for designing their platform that way.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Jim Ryan is wasting his time again. People bought a Playstation 5 to play NEW, next generation only games.

No one wants to play games they have already played...

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Jim Ryan is wasting his time again. People bought a Playstation 5 to play NEW, next generation only games.

No one wants to play games they have already played...
Good thing the original Demon's Souls only sold 1M units in its lifetime, therefore most PS5 owners never played it.

Top Bottom