• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thymesia - Official Release Date Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The next-gen-only action-RPG Thymesia will launch its punishing combat into the hands of willing players on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on August 9. A limited-time demo is available on Steam from now until May 9 if you'd like to give it a try after watching this new trailer.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The way Sony has handled the Bloodborne IP has been a great source of frustration for many. The FromSoftware-developed 2015 action RPG is widely considered to be one of the greatest games not only of its generation, but of all time, so obviously, a sequel remains in heavy demand. Those demands, however, have gone unheard for seven years- what's more, it doesn't even look like we'll get a remaster, or a PC port, or hell, even a 60 FPS patch.

Thankfully, the Soulslike subgenre has taken off immensely over the years, and indies have stepped up to fill the void that's been left behind by Bloodborne. If you have a hankering for more Bloodborne, OverBorder Studio's upcoming Soulslike action RPG Thymesia is looking like a game that may very well satisfy some of that hunger- and here, we're going to talk about why.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the Twilight Circus stage in this new Thymesia gameplay!

Thymesia, the new Bloodborne flavored indie soulslike releases this week, and we have new gameplay of combat, a mini-boss fight, awesome enemies, and lots more action RPG goodness. This Thymesia combat gameplay is a bit reminiscent of Dark Souls, but has a few mechanics that set it apart. There’s been more polish since the Thymesia preview gameplay, but OverBorder Studio and Team 17 has made sure this will stand out over other indie games, and want to give it a chance to be the new best soulslike.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Haven't tried the demo, but what I've seen of gameplay previews it looks like the combat is good.

Not sure about build variety, but this is on my radar for sure.

CosmicComet

I'm open to non From souls-like games outside of Team Ninja.

I enjoyed Lords of the Fallen. Looking forward to this.

Hot5pur

Anyone pick this up? The Gamespot review was pretty positive.
Currently like $20 on GMG, thinking of grabbing this, might be a fun ~10 hours.

Top Bottom