• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Shazam 2 possibly delayed to 2023, Affleck is replacing Keaton in Aquaman 2 due to The Flash/Aquaman release date swap

ManaByte

Gold Member

The death of Batgirl also hints at a diminished role for Keaton going forward. The actor’s Dark Knight, who hadn’t been seen since 1992’s Batman Returns, was being positioned as akin to Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — an elder statesman who could pop up in multiple films and offer guidance. In Batgirl, he is said to have been at the center of a splashy action sequence.

He is also a key part of The Flash, the upcoming movie starring embattled actor Ezra Miller that is due out in June 2023. According to multiple sources, Keaton also filmed a scene for the upcoming Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom that test audiences found confusing, as it was unclear what Keaton’s Batman was doing in this universe. Lost Kingdom previously was supposed to open before The Flash, which will explain Keaton’s return. But last week, Aquaman star Jason Momoa revealed that Ben Affleck was filming a scene as Bruce Wayne, suggesting Keaton had been replaced with Affleck’s version of the character.

The Batgirl news comes ahead of Warner Bros. Discovery’s earnings call Thursday, with rumors swirling that Warners is considering moving the release dates for two of its upcoming films — Shazam! Fury of the Gods (currently slated for Dec. 21) and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (currently set for March 17, 2023). On Wednesday, the studio revealed an October 2024 date for the Joker sequel, Joker: Folie a Deux.

Twitter rumor says The Flash is now undated:

sol_bad

I'll now agree that they should kill the Flash film. Get rid of Keaton as it makes zero sense.

Last edited:
OI2q2tW.gif

MrMephistoX

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Good grief WB. No one GIVES flying fuck what Ezra does outside of 10K social media morons. Just release the damn film and get the show on the road.

bitbydeath

They’ve also started removing content from HBO. There’s an earnings call tomorrow, which will likely address what’s really going on.

Sale?

MrMephistoX

They’ve also started removing content from HBO. There’s an earnings call tomorrow, which will likely address what’s really going on.

Sale?
Figures it’s actually the one streaming service I actually like thanks to all the HBO and DC content including old animated shows. It seems like this CEO is a penny pinching dick who’s still longing for the good old days of cable bundle and syndication fees.

Last edited:

Ionian

As a European it seems crazy to have all those plans seperately, some subbed, some included with mobile subs. Seems crazy.

Then you have Geographic liquidating HBO Maxx and saying there won't be new scripted content.

Had fun reading about that as they aren't even HBO really, people shitting the bed over it. It's been a fun ride reading about it.

Crazy how subs go over in the states, it just seems bizarre to me. Any shows announced cut so far seem to have been dudds? I Dunno, been a wild ride reading so far.

Honest question for anyone within the regions, what does a sub cost? Like honestly what is the loss. Genuine question.

jason10mm

Gold Member
There must be a ridiculous party going on over at Amazon as they realize there is a decent chance House of Dragons never even aires and paves the way for Rings of Power to be the only high profile fantasy epic this fall.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Jeez, this whole HBO/Warner/Discovery merger seems like a fucking bloodbath outside of low effort Discover+ garbage content.
This sucks since WB has a good set of properties and HBO Max had some good shows as well.
But who really gives a shit since a bunch of suits and lawyers got PAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev Kev

This all seems like a mess. I feel like they should just focus on making good stand alone super hero films, and if that is successful, then try and tie them all together. They just pushed too hard too fast, imo. And I say that as someone who seems to love movies that everyone else hates lol. Oh well, I'll still check them all out one day.

Spaceman292

Banned
WB execs continously meddled in DCEU projects.
Can't remember where I read it but one exec even tried pitching his own ideas for Batman in the DCEU.
Hilarious that people still put the blame at Zack's feet.
WB is perfect example of too many chiefs and not enough indians.
True, but the time he had full creative control he made the Snyder cut, and it sucked

TrueLegend

They should give me 100 usd and talk to me for half and hour. It's that easy to fix this mess but no studio guy can do it, they are busy snorting gen z crack.

Susurrus

Even WB doesn't know wtf is going on with this series anymore.

Give Disney shit about all the spamming and whoring of MCU but at least they seem to have their shit together.

DCEU is just.....

Top Bottom