• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ Nordic 10th Anniversary Showcase set for September 17, featuring six new game announcements

SkylineRKR

THQ has some nice IP. Darksiders is good, but has to go back to the quality of 1. Timesplitters is another one I'd like to see again.

EDIT: forget about the latter. Well Darksiders 4, that follows 1, is enough.

Last edited:
PlayStation accidentally revealed Destroy All Humans 2 - Reprobed.

Video is unavailable but here is a brief GIF preview of Crypto in the level Bay City.

vR7pMUS.gif

pmgNPeD.gif

For the PS5 and likely also coming to Xbox Series, PC and Switch.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Somehow I originally missed this being a thing, so this is a pleasant surprise. Once again reserving all expectations, but hoping for some cool stuff!

SinDelta

Would be one of my dream games come true-
A New Kingdoms of Amalur single player focused RPG, none of the bloat, refined MC customization, combat, job system, crafting and buying/upgrading and modifying houses/towns/castles. A good narrative, interesting lore, codex and fleshing out the world, while not trying to do too much (aka so much Roger Clemens and the freaking State of Rhode Island get involved.). A fine balance.

You have my attention-
Titan Quest 2
Battle Chasers 2
Sacred 1/2 remastered

Cool-
Darksiders 4 with all 4 of the Horseman and a awesome conclusion.
A look at the Kingdom of Amalur DLC, though I'm doubtful it counts as one of the new game announcements.
Destroy All Humans 2
Summoner 1/2 remastered

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I would say Titan Quest 2 is a solid bet, as is new Destroy All Humans (not the 2 remake we already know about). Maybe Stuntman and Summoner. They own a lot of total shit.

My personal out-there wish: Zax the Alien Hunter, since I once found it in a charity shop for £1 and it became a weird little gem for me and a friend.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
This could be a neat little show. Not keen on the Dorito Pope though. My personal list of hyped games would be Destroy all Humans 2(obviously there), and especially Summoner, Titan Quest 2, and Sacred 1/2 with a proper 3rd entry unlike that travesty that shall not be named. I miss the humor and cool classes and babes that were, in my humble opinion, more fun to play than Diablo. I like Diablo as well, but I still prefer their competitors, the Baldur's Gate: DA 1&2, Titan Quest, Sacred 1&2, Champions of Norrath etc. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Darksiders 4 with gameplay and music like 2. God that soundtrack...

sircaw

Banned
i do like Darksiders, and a new titan quest would be simply amazing.

But i think i am clutching straws "lollipop_disappointed:

BigBooper

This could be a neat little show. Not keen on the Dorito Pope though. My personal list of hyped games would be Destroy all Humans 2(obviously there), and especially Summoner, Titan Quest 2, and Sacred 1/2 with a proper 3rd entry unlike that travesty that shall not be named. I miss the humor and cool classes and babes that were, in my humble opinion, more fun to play than Diablo. I like Diablo as well, but I still prefer their competitors, the Baldur's Gate: DA 1&2, Titan Quest, Sacred 1&2, Champions of Norrath etc. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Darksiders 4 with gameplay and music like 2. God that soundtrack...
I forgot about Sacred. A true sequel to Sacred 2 or heck even a remaster for modern systems and pc would be excellent. I loved that game on ps3.

• Fire

Isa

Gold Member
I forgot about Sacred. A true sequel to Sacred 2 or heck even a remaster for modern systems and pc would be excellent. I loved that game on ps3.
Hell yeah, me too! I have it on both pc and PS3, I loved it so much. A huge beautiful world, and great gameplay. It was my girl's first game of that type, very fond memories going through it together.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Amerika is a hell of a choice for the DAH2 remake trailer, I'm here for it.

CamHostage

Outcast 2

Cutter looks different than the planned Lost Paradise game (they didn't just resurrect the old PS2 project,) but it looks like a more appropriate sequel to Outcast 1 (the planned sequel had a great engine but was going the aggro-bald-space-marine route, this is looking to be more colorful and... well, French.)

Last edited:

dottme

I like the event for the moment. No big breaking news but it’s well managed and it has a good rhythm.

chigstoke

You don't realise how fucking happy I am with Super Power 3, honestly, sunk so many hours into 2.

Can't wait to server up with mates and randomers again.

CamHostage

only lame remakes so far, hope for some new games.
???

Only one game has been a remake (and one, a reimagining of a canceled project.) All the rest have been sequels.

If you're hoping for brand new IP, look elsewhere. They do sometimes start something new, but THQ is big for continuing franchises that other companies abandoned, which is actually a good thing if you were a fan of these games.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
28 unannounced games still……

Well how about you announce more of them then? 🤣

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Kagey K

Banned
Anyone play Elex?

I know it got pretty middling review scores, but I see it’s on sale right now and the trailer for 2 looked decent.

Holammer

Outcast 2 was one of those "speculative" titles from the Geforce NOW datamine. Excepting a bunch more from TGS.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Destroy All Humans 2 Remake, nice, a new Spongebob game based on Battle from Bikini Bottom, awesome, Outlast 2, very cool.
The Destroy All Humans 2 leak kinda hampered the impact a little, but all in all it was a satisfying, short and sweet conference. Not amazing, but overall I enjoyed it. A TimeSplitters announcement would've rounded this off perfectly, a little disappointing on that front.

Top Bottom