• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ Nordic 10th Anniversary Showcase set for September 17, featuring six new game announcements

THQ Nordic will host a digital showcase event on September 17 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET in celebration of its 10th anniversary, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Twitch, and Steam.

The showcase will be hosted by Geoff Keighley and feature six new game announcements “that will take you on a journey through time and space.” This includes “the return of legendary franchises, including some for which fans have been waiting decades to get their hands on a new installment,” plus “sequels to beloved games.”

Other announcements planned for the event include the latest information and footage for open-world science-fiction fantasy RPG ELEX II, and a gameplay demonstration for the upcoming turn-based RPG Expeditions: Rome. A pre-show will feature a look at upcoming titles from HandyGames.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping to see the highly rumored Star Wars KOTOR remake and Darksiders IV with Strife. I get these two games, showcase is a win for me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I'll definitely be watching, but it's an odd anniversary since it's 10 years since the formation of the old studio. THQ Nordic is only 7 years old iirc.

Honestly I would love to see a new Stuntman game.

Deadly Creatures x Impossible Creatures

cormack12

Gold Member
NFB7WV.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The THQ Nordic / Embracer Group thing confuses the fuck out of me, so I don't think Timesplitters is here, right?

In terms of "legendary franchises" you could have Sacred, Carmageddon, Alone in the Dark, Stuntman, Summoner, Titan Quest, Gothic (I think), or the GOAT, Zax the Alien Hunter!

SCB3

Unfortunately not. Free Radical Design falls under Koch Medias umbrella as a subsidiary of Deep Silver.

Here's a list of studios that fall under THQNordic.
4p0Yi9V.png
So ELEX 2 and did that Gothic Remake ever come out?

A new Red Faction maybe?

JonSnowball

If it isn’t Timesplitters then they are truly fucking clueless.
If id Software don't announce a new Fallout game soon I'm going to scream!
(THQNordic have nothing to do with TimeSplitters, so the relevance is about the same...)

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Warhorse is owned by THQN so it could be a Kingdom Come Deliverance sequel, at least a trailer of it.
Kingdom Come is probably going to happen but it wouldn't be "the return of a legendary franchise" because it hasn't gone away. Nor has Darksiders or any franchise that saw a new release in the past 5 years, IMO.

From what I can see, those would be Alone in the Dark, Gothic, Titan Quest, and maybe a few others.

Lupingosei

Banned
Kingdom Come is probably going to happen but it wouldn't be "the return of a legendary franchise" because it hasn't gone away. Nor has Darksiders or any franchise that saw a new release in the past 5 years, IMO.

From what I can see, those would be Alone in the Dark, Gothic, Titan Quest, and maybe a few others.
Meant more the sequels to beloved games part and Kingdom Come was beloved, sold more than 3 million times

reksveks

Unfortunately not. Free Radical Design falls under Koch Medias umbrella as a subsidiary of Deep Silver.

Here's a list of studios that fall under THQNordic.
4p0Yi9V.png
My bad.

On a separate note, I will skip watching this event probably will be playing tales of arise

Kuranghi

The teaser makes it very attractive to me if there will be sequels or expansions to those titles. I really just want to see the Destroy All Humans! 2 remake though, the first remake was one of my favourite games I played last year, it has some problems from its old design ethos that are pretty grating in current year but its a a handful of moments and you can cheese them if you've been paying attention to how the systems in the game work.

Some challenges were a bit too specific in what you had to do to get "gold" so I'd like to see them clean up things like that in the sequel remake, if they didn't already improve on that design back then already, in that case just remake it 1:1 obviously. I really loved the graphics style in the game and through engine.ini tweaks you can make it look even better than with the in-game AA.

Top Bottom