• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THPS 1+2 Limited free trial on Xbox store (12th March)

Oh cool. In an hour you can easily unlock a couple courses and get a real sense of the game.
Wish i would of had this on PS4. Back when it launched, all the reviews were flowing with praise. I never played these and figured it would at least have some free roam, like skate or the old skate or die games on the NES. Nope, locked stuff and small arenas with timers... Not my cup of tea. If it was steam I would of refunded and waited for skate 4.

Arkam

Wish i would of had this on PS4. Back when it launched, all the reviews were flowing with praise. I never played these and figured it would at least have some free roam, like skate or the old skate or die games on the NES. Nope, locked stuff and small arenas with timers... Not my cup of tea. If it was steam I would of refunded and waited for skate 4.
Oh was there not a demo PS4? I pre-ordered and that I thought only got me "early access" to the demo. Would have assumed it would have been open to all after launch. If there wasnt, thats pretty lame.

This is Tony Hawk how you remembered it, except without the outdated graphics. It's a really neat little package with tons of content. Give it a shot if you didn't yet!

There is free roam and its called Free-Skate. You can play any level as long as you want. You have a level editor to make massive levels of your own plus the ones offered are god tier. Its a high combo gameplay style. It all flows....Skate you go do a grind on the steps....then 5 seconds move to another object and so on, its boring.

The charm in these games is objectives, they were made for PS1. Of course there were no massive levels at that time possible. Then again i cant say all maps are small besides skateparks which in reality are never huge, not sure if you ever saw one in real life.

$40 for 2 games with the most addicting gameplay, probably best OST in any game. And yes there was a demo on PS4 before it released. At the end of the day this is a game for fans of the originals and it was a total remake yet it kept what made originals awesome.

Wizz-Art

That is stupid as fuck

cant do not want GIF

There is free roam and its called Free-Skate. You can play any level as long as you want. You have a level editor to make massive levels of your own plus the ones offered are god tier. Its a high combo gameplay style. It all flows....Skate you go do a grind on the steps....then 5 seconds move to another object and so on, its boring.

The charm in these games is objectives, they were made for PS1. Of course there were no massive levels at that time possible. Then again i cant say all maps are small besides skateparks which in reality are never huge, not sure if you ever saw one in real life.

$40 for 2 games with the most addicting gameplay, probably best OST in any game. And yes there was a demo on PS4 before it released. At the end of the day this is a game for fans of the originals and it was a total remake yet it kept what made originals awesome.
I'm not saying the game is bad at all. Just not my cup of tea. I loved skate 2. The massive world, hell it could be a 1/4 of the size of that and I wouldn't of cared. The joy of doing grinds on the railings of some court like building and holding on to the back of a car for speed was just fun. Being chased by cops. The cool drainage/sewer pipes that went down a large concrete hill. The being able to record everything when that was a new thing. It was an amazing game. Sucks its been over a decade for a new one.

Maybe I will give this a go again, I really only put about an hour or two into it and I sucked at it. The tutorials took a while and after that i don't remember the game giving a direction on what to do. I am not that familiar with skating outside of video games and the little I did in real life back in the early 1990s (which was basic shit ollies, and just cruising).

So will replay once Sony and retailers get their act togeather and I can actually purchase a ps5 without forking out a grand. My launch day ps4 sounds like a rocket ship after 5 minutes of being on. I am not risking playing it until i have a ps5 replacment. Not shelling out for a new ps4 when the ps5 plays all those games.

Mr.ODST

They are just trying to makeup for the fact they are not giving any upgrade option for the Series X

I'm not saying the game is bad at all. Just not my cup of tea. I loved skate 2. The massive world, hell it could be a 1/4 of the size of that and I wouldn't of cared. The joy of doing grinds on the railings of some court like building and holding on to the back of a car for speed was just fun. Being chased by cops. The cool drainage/sewer pipes that went down a large concrete hill. The being able to record everything when that was a new thing. It was an amazing game. Sucks its been over a decade for a new one.

Maybe I will give this a go again, I really only put about an hour or two into it and I sucked at it. The tutorials took a while and after that i don't remember the game giving a direction on what to do. I am not that familiar with skating outside of video games and the little I did in real life back in the early 1990s (which was basic shit ollies, and just cruising).

So will replay once Sony and retailers get their act togeather and I can actually purchase a ps5 without forking out a grand. My launch day ps4 sounds like a rocket ship after 5 minutes of being on. I am not risking playing it until i have a ps5 replacment. Not shelling out for a new ps4 when the ps5 plays all those games.
As for the free-skate, I can see how you missed it because its in the third option in the menu...I think under multiplayer. So even I was like...wheres my free-skate but I knew it had to be there because there was one since back in the day. Not sure why they didnt make it more in-your-face noticable.

Top Bottom