• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thousands Of Fans Sign Petition To Remake 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'

AJUMP23

The best star wars game that really captured the essence of SW and just a great story. I loved everything about this game.

HotPocket69

Banned
The best star wars game that really captured the essence of SW and just a great story. I loved everything about this game.

Same here, except for the total shit underwater section and that final area with the gangbang of near endless spawning Dark Jedi. The Malak fight sucked too.

Everything else is the best Star Wars game ever made. Fallen Order is right behind it.

lucius

You can fix most PC problems but since I ran into just about all of them I had to watch a few videos . Now got it running widescreen hi res after some mods flawless widescreen isn't recommended anymore. I would buy a remake but I think I have every version at this point. Xbox should try add widescreen support.

It was already non-canon to begin with. "Expanded Universe" was a nice way to say "Yeah, go fuck with your toys, but that's not my Star Wars". The last part was literally said by George Lucas.
If anything, now it's more canon than ever. Because Dave Filoni was such a huge fan of Star Wars that he started pulling things from the Expanded Universe, like motherfucking Thrawn. I mean, Darth Bane's force ghost appears on the Clone Wars TV show talking to Yoda!! That's top level fanservice for the Expanded Universe right there.

I've got not doubt we are having Old Republic movies sooner rather than later. Revan is definitely going to show up.
Yeah people have to realize it was always gray-area canon even before the whole Disney acquisition. But imo KK and Disney made things worse because they're plucking EU stuff but using it out of the context.

By the way there's already KOTOR elements made "canon" in the Disney Wars EU such as Rakata, the home planet of the Infinite Empire mentioned in official Force Awakens Visual Dictionary and one of the KOTOR ships, the one that rammed a Star Destroyer in Rogue One, made an appearance. Revan is also mentioned in the Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

This would be good, so long as they scrap the turn based combat and take a leaf out of Mass Effect Andromeda's combat...or Mass Effect 3 even..

diffusionx

Gold Member
If I recall correctly the first Kotor game manual had a whole thing on how probability was based on virtual D20s or something which my brain struggled to compute. I may have hallucinated the whole thing.

I would rather they just took the concept and RPG elements and made something new honestly.

The first KOTOR was, IIRC, Bioware’s first non-BG game in a while, and it was basically a BG with a Star Wars skin and a new graphics engine. Over the years that stuff got hidden more and more, even in D&D type games.

When I loaded up KOTOR on my iPad a few years ago I was surprised at all the details, I had totally forgotten about them, and I loved the game on Xbox.

Last edited:
It does need a remake, I tried to replay it back in 2015 and found it really dated, I stuck with it for a long time but eventually I was just too bored and didn't finish it.

But the story, writing and voice acting was still great, so that deserves to be transplanted into a more modern game.

PotatoBoy

If you ask devs who have lost their edge to remake a game from their golden days... you get Warcraft 3: Reforged. You should be careful what you wish for. KOTOR still looks good, and you can play it on your phone.

lucius

On steam you can control the character with left analog on a gamepad, I use a Dualsense and Elite2 but I have to use a trackball mouse for camera/pointer control works good if your displaying PC on your TV , KOTOR 2 has full controller support though

Top Bottom