• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thorgal comic series will be adapted into a Action RPG game

The Warsaw-based studio Mighty Koi has announced its ambitious project to adapt the iconic Thorgal comic series into a video game, aiming to replicate the success of The Witcher series. Thorgal, a renowned comic series created by Belgian writer Jean Van Hamme and Polish illustrator Grzegorz Rosiński, debuted in 1977 and has since sold over 20 million copies worldwide. The game is described as an action-adventure with RPG elements, allowing players to embody Thorgal and experience many adventures directly from the comics. Currently in pre-production, the game's release date remains unknown.

3f53cddaefcdcf6a1e05-webp-800w.webp

9d4cd3d5ea42aceb408a.png

f1d331cef4769154cb8f.jpg

1a56ee4fcd0d45d67f2b.jpg

Last edited:

Dazraell

The Warsaw-based studio Mighty Koi has announced its ambitious project to adapt the iconic Thorgal comic series into a video game, aiming to replicate the success of The Witcher series. Thorgal, a renowned comic series created by Belgian writer Jean Van Hamme and Polish illustrator Grzegorz Rosiński, debuted in 1977 and has since sold over 20 million copies worldwide. The game is described as an action-adventure with RPG elements, allowing players to embody Thorgal and experience many adventures directly from the comics. Currently in pre-production, the game's release date remains unknown.

Here are the concept arts from the Thorgal game. As someone mentioned above, some of the images you've posted are from the other game developed by the same studio called "The Night Wanderer". These ones are from Thorgal:

9d4cd3d5ea42aceb408a.png

f1d331cef4769154cb8f.jpg

1a56ee4fcd0d45d67f2b.jpg

More can be found here

Last edited:
Here are the concept arts from the Thorgal game. As someone mentioned above, some of the images you've posted are from the other game developed by the same studio called "The Night Wanderer". These ones are from Thorgal:

9d4cd3d5ea42aceb408a.png

f1d331cef4769154cb8f.jpg

1a56ee4fcd0d45d67f2b.jpg

More can be found here
While it is true that a Polish studio is working on a Thorgal game, those screenshots you used are from a different game, The Night Wanderer, based on a Polish fantasy book series Pan Lodowego Ogrodu. They are not from Thorgal.
Thx, I'll edit the OP!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Thorgal, a renowned comic series created by Belgian writer Jean Van Hamme and Polish illustrator Grzegorz Rosiński, debuted in 1977 and has since sold over 20 million copies worldwide.

Jean van Hamme is also well-known for being the writer of the XIII comic book series that got turned into a video game in 2003.

header.jpg

xrnzaaas

Jean van Hamme is also well-known for being the writer of the XIII comic book series that got turned into a video game in 2003.

header.jpg
That game also got a remake. It was a horrible mess at launch, but it got fixed and afaik it's perfectly playable now.

Anyway I remember playing a Thorgal adventure game years ago. It would be nice to get something new, because the og comic series is great.

Last edited:

Alx

Love Thorgal but that artwork doesn’t look like him at all.
Also I fear the game will make him slaughter countless enemies when the guy only wants to live at peace on an island with the wife and kids.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Also I fear the game will make him slaughter countless enemies when the guy only wants to live at peace on an island with the wife and kids.

That’s the fun part, thorgal just wants to settle with his family. He’s a reluctant hero due to some unfortunate circumstances.

Majormaxxx

That's not simply cool.

That's THE BOMB.

Amazing.

I read the comics and honestly the art and stories, and drama, and sense of adventure, sci-fi, mystery, and suspense are God tier.

Thodgal, xiii, largo, el mercenario - some of the greatest bande dessineés of all time.

There are 30 plus books in the series. So plenty of stories.

I wonder if they'll pull it off.

kiphalfton

Well, Sam Witwer can only be cast in so many games.

Top Bottom