• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This LGBTQ+ Steam Sale is ridiculous

Nickolaidas

Banned
We live in a world in witch if Steam make sales for heterosexual games, they would get smashed by criticism, but seeing that it's LGBTQ+, it goes flawlessly good.

That's because the people who belong in the LGBTQ+ community felt prosecuted, isolated and ridiculed in the past, and were forced to hide their sexual orientation out of fear. So some social groups and companies (for their own reasons) are trying to show them that they (the companies) support their (the LGTBQs) lifestyles.

White straight males have had products and services targeted at them since time immemorial, and have no need to get a pat in the back for being who they are.

Jesus.

Sterling88

i don't care about the games themselves but i think it's a bit stupid to have a sale just for LGBTQ. i mean...would they have a sale for straight people? nah. pandering to the SJWs as usual.
If the money is there, companies will do anything. None of them actually care about this stuff from a moral or social standpoint.

plushyp

Steam just needs an excuse for a themed sale to fill their already overflowing coffers. This is just another sale for them right before the Halloween sale. I'm surprised they haven't set up a monthly themed sale at this point...

ROMhack

i don't care about the games themselves but i think it's a bit stupid to have a sale just for LGBTQ. i mean...would they have a sale for straight people? nah. pandering to the SJWs as usual.

It's been said a few times but if you missed it, it was national coming out day the other day so it's based on that rather than being random.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

I fail to see the problem here, if there ever was one.

The LGBTQ community have fought for who knows how long. Why not simply be happy for them? I’m bummed as fuck by people today going “boo hoo, look at my fucking problems” or “this is getting ridiculous” as soon as society takes a step in the right direction. Jesus fucking Christ...
Yeah, it’s horrible, we in the straight community have really struggled and fought hard for our rights the last 50 years! We should get a sale too!

Are you fucking serious? Grow up.

Last edited:

Kdad

I' m gay. Don't care. Don't play on pc, never wiil and even with free gay games as i work on pc. Love my ps4 pro and xbox one x. Others will say other things.

Capitalism trying to be gay friendly, i don't know if i should laugh or cry. It should have been done in the 80s when aids was rising. Now it's time to be CO2 free... so no steam no games, fuck pc. 🤣

Cool for those who will get those discounts.

"Capitalism" is targeting gays because the vast majority will not have kids and thus have a much higher level of disposable income (pink money)

Christopher

Why do you care OP ? Are you secretly in the closet, like the gay conversion therapy people.
The way i see it is just capitalism at work.

Valve doesn't really care, they have sales about everything, if they can make more money like this, they will.

So any criticism means you’re in the closet? Who thinks like that

Astral Dog

hey its not so bad at least they are trying to do something nice i guess.

you can buy one of those games surely even if you are macho straight gam

Just taking a look, shouldn't this be offensive to LGTB+ people if anything? I mean, talk about stereotyping, it's like they're saying the only thing LGTB+ people get out of games are rainbows and gay sex innuendos. You'd think that'd be seen as pretty reductive.

Also nothing says you've "made it" as a group collectively as seeing megaconglomerates use your identity as marketing for their products to sell.

Just taking a look, shouldn't this be offensive to LGTB+ people if anything? I mean, talk about stereotyping, it's like they're saying the only thing LGTB+ people get out of games are rainbows and gay sex innuendos. You'd think that'd be seen as pretty reductive.

Also nothing says you've "made it" as a group collectively as seeing megaconglomerates use your identity as marketing for their products to sell.

What would you say to a black people sale

Gabe plotting to use Steam money to warp us back to 1819. FUUUUUUCCCKKK!!

phil_t98

#SonyToo
biteapede.png

So let's be clear, anybody can do what he/she wants,
as long as you do not tell me your ass stories I do not care :messenger_beaming:.

But this "LOOK, WE LOVE EVERYONE" thing is becoming really ridiculous.
We live in a world in witch if Steam make sales for heterosexual games, they would get smashed by criticism, but seeing that it's LGBTQ+, it goes flawlessly good.
As a straight person, I also whant to get promotions on whatever you can call "straight games", because now I feel excluded from steam.

By the way, who is really competent to determinate witch game is straight, and with one is LGBTQQIP2SAA (because yeah, steam is all in for LGBTQ+, but it's not the perfect acronym, so please next time go all in). Why Mount your friends? Because there are guys in underpants with the penis that twirls while climbing on your friends?
Life Is Strange is a bit "sentimental" (still not at all) soooooo let's put it in there?
We are classifying games in non-gaming styles...

GAF, what's your thought on this ?

And remember, one love !

So OP your taking offence that something is happening that isn’t aimed at you?

youdo know that it ok to have things that ain’t aimed at you and that other people will enjoy. Hey why not buy one of those games you may even enjoy it? Who knows

FireFly

I've always scratched my head about the LGBTQ or Strong Female and other similar Steam tags. Why would anyone make a decision to buy a game based on this? If you can't enjoy a game because the character(s) or theme(s) don't exactly align with your real-life self, you've got bigger issues than which video game to buy.
I think you can make this kind of claim about any of the content specific tags. Eg. "if you can't enjoy a game not set in the 80's then you've got bigger issues than which video game to buy". "If you can't enjoy a game where the enemies aren't demons then .... " Or, "I'm an equal opportunity hero, because I enjoy killing aliens, and terrorists and giant robots – not just demons, unlike some diversity-challenged players."

I think the point is that these tags are used to reference a particular theme, and there is nothing particularly abnormal about wanted to select a title that explores a given theme. It doesn't mean that you can't like other kinds of games, due some deep flaw in your personality. If a finish a Gears title, and I like the idea of playing another game with a bunch of wisecracking dudebros, why shouldn't I be able to have my wish granted? Equally, if I want to find a title that has some minimal exploration of homosexual relationships, why shouldn't I be able to do so?

bilderberg

So if you have a sale on horror games, you have to follow it up with a sale on non-horror games? Or if you have a sale on Cyberpunk games you have to follow it up with a sale on non-Cyberpunk games?
yes. you can't just only have sales for horror games

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is Nights of Azure on sale? That has a lesbian protagonist.

FireFly

yes. you can't just only have sales for horror games
By "non-horror" I mean't every game that isn't a horror game.

So if you have a sale for horror games one week, do you need to put every other game on sale the next week? Or can you have a sale for horror games, then one for cyberpunk games, then one for French language games?

bilderberg

Again it’s a sale aimed at a certain demographic, another sale is aimed at a different demographic. Stop trying to be offended by everything
I'm not offended. I'm happy for LGBT to get a sale, but where's the sale for the straight demographic? If straights don't get a sale for straight protagonists banging hot babes(preferably with big boobs and fat assess) I think that's a problem.

FireFly

I'm not offended. I'm happy for LGBT to get a sale, but where's the sale for the straight demographic? If straights don't get a sale for straight protagonists banging hot babes(preferably with big boobs and fat assess) I think that's a problem.
Every non-LGBT sale that happened before and after?

Ceadeus

Actually I've been permanently banned on era for having an opinion about LGBT. It felt like : the first rule of LGBT is that you can't talk about LGBT. The second rule of LGBT is that you can't talk about LGBT..

I do still believe that this comes from a generation of people that crave for attention. They crave dopamine and need to show their difference while everyone is like, well nobody care about this. It's all about emotional dependence. But hey, it's an opinion please don't ban !

Nickolaidas

Banned
Actually I've been permanently banned on era for having an opinion about LGBT. It felt like : the first rule of LGBT is that you can't talk about LGBT. The second rule of LGBT is that you can't talk about LGBT.

That's a lie.

You can say your piece on ERA about LGBTs, but only to praise anything that acknowledges them, and condemn anything which remotely resembles disinterest, disagreement or sarcasm.

Stop spreading fake news.

Ceadeus

That's a lie.

You can say your piece on ERA about LGBTs, but only to praise anything that acknowledges them, and condemn anything which remotely resembles disinterest, disagreement or sarcasm.

Stop spreading fake news.

I sure disagreed about things, there's no perfect world where everybody simply agree all the time but were never hateful or sarcastic. There was just no room for arguing. I would not mind showing you the discussion if I could. Perma ban for this was exagereted.

Jtibh

Banned
This is just weird but ok i dont mind.
But every time i read LGBTQ i get reminded of that martin sempa ugandan interview where he ask after reading LGBTQ where is the H (for homosexual)

Nickolaidas

Banned
I sure disagreed about things, there's no perfect world where everybody simply agree all the time but were never hateful or sarcastic. There was just no room for arguing. I would not mind showing you the discussion if I could. Perma ban for this was exagereted.
Dude, please. 'Exaggerated' is putting it mildly.

I lost all respect for the ERA mods when they banned somebody for defending Ronda Rousey's comments about trans people having an advantage over women for being 'homophobic'. He wasn't rude, he wasn't hateful, he was politely quoting SCIENCE.

wHeReS my Hetereosexual game sale?!
You DOOFS. Are females not straight?
When the f have heterosexuals been oppressed in history.

African american month!!?? WHERES MY MONTH. Wah.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Every other sale is non LGBT so you should be happy there is one for that demographic instead of trying to turn it into the fact your offended that it’s happening. If it’s not for you don’t comment and be happy for them

Ceadeus

Dude, please. 'Exaggerated' is putting it mildly.

I lost all respect for the ERA mods when they banned somebody for defending Ronda Rousey's comments about trans people having an advantage over women for being 'homophobic'. He wasn't rude, he wasn't hateful, he was politely quoting SCIENCE.

Wow, that sucks. that's exactly what I mean, there is simply no room for ambiguous discussion on ERA.

Listen, I've been banned by saying, I don't understand what LGBT are fighting for. From my perspective, it is just as the same as Flat Earth believer. There is scientific fact and proof.. But yet it is not enough.

bilderberg

Every other sale is non LGBT so you should be happy there is one for that demographic instead of trying to turn it into the fact your offended that it’s happening. If it’s not for you don’t comment and be happy for them

I'm not offended and i'm happy for them. Stop trying to paint me as anti lgbt. Steam has a whole suite of games specifically targeted towards a straight male audience, why can't those games get a sale too? You have games that are the straight equivalent to "Agent Loves Dick", but they can't receive a front page sale because why?

Straight people are not discriminated against on a daily basis. Also there are plenty of sales for straight protagonists banging hot babes with big boobs and fat asses: it's called anime.

bilderberg

Straight people are not discriminated against on a daily basis. Also there are plenty of sales for straight protagonists banging hot babes with big boobs and fat asses: it's called anime.

So that's what this is about? You're arguing with me about having a sale for games that are the straight equivalent to "Agent Loves Dick" because of discrimination? That makes zero sense. Why anyone would be against a sale for any sort of demographic is beyond me.

Top Bottom