• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This LGBTQ+ Steam Sale is ridiculous

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
biteapede.png

So let's be clear, anybody can do what he/she wants,
as long as you do not tell me your ass stories I do not care :messenger_beaming:.

But this "LOOK, WE LOVE EVERYONE" thing is becoming really ridiculous.
We live in a world in witch if Steam make sales for heterosexual games, they would get smashed by criticism, but seeing that it's LGBTQ+, it goes flawlessly good.
As a straight person, I also whant to get promotions on whatever you can call "straight games", because now I feel excluded from steam.

By the way, who is really competent to determinate witch game is straight, and with one is LGBTQQIP2SAA (because yeah, steam is all in for LGBTQ+, but it's not the perfect acronym, so please next time go all in). Why Mount your friends? Because there are guys in underpants with the penis that twirls while climbing on your friends?
Life Is Strange is a bit "sentimental" (still not at all) soooooo let's put it in there?
We are classifying games in non-gaming styles...

GAF, what's your thought on this ?

And remember, one love !

Graciaus

Don't care I wouldn't say no to cheaper games. But that selection is missing anything I'd actually buy that should be there.

Garnox

Meh, I don’t really mind. Nothing off my skin.

If I ever get the inclination to take advantage of Steam sales, I do it during the holiday sales.

They have random titles go on sale often it seems. Your “straight” titles as you call it. They just don’t announce it like they did this. Therefore we’re still getting those sales, just without the pageantry.

I' m gay. Don't care. Don't play on pc, never wiil and even with free gay games as i work on pc. Love my ps4 pro and xbox one x. Others will say other things.

Capitalism trying to be gay friendly, i don't know if i should laugh or cry. It should have been done in the 80s when aids was rising. Now it's time to be CO2 free... so no steam no games, fuck pc. 🤣

Cool for those who will get those discounts.

Last edited:

alienator

Isnt Night in the woods that game about Mental Illness created by a woman hating psychorapist? (before i get banned or anything: thats what the media told us and we all know better what happend.. ) and why is it in a LGBTQ sale then ? (short answer steam just found a new way to make profit on a certain group of people by telling them they are special )

i dont mind lgbtq+ people, nor reject their message, i support it, infact, all my friends are gay.

ROMhack

Isnt Night in the woods that game about Mental Illness created by a woman hating psychorapist? (before i get banned or anything: thats what the media told us and we all know better what happend.. ) and why is it in a LGBTQ sale then ? (short answer steam just found a new way to make profit on a certain group of people by telling them they are special )

i dont mind lgbtq+ people, nor reject their message, i support it, infact, all my friends are gay.

In fairness, all Steam Sales are like that. They're just trying to make money, which is a theme of many companies tying into LGBT+ stuff right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Z..

As a straight person, I also whant to get promotions on whatever you can call "straight games", because now I feel excluded from steam.
Let me get this straight (heh), you want niche sales events that cater to the overwhelming majority of people on earth??
areyouawizard.jpg

A video game sale/advertisment based on ANYTHING sexual on a store accessed by kids shouldn't be a thing in general.

That's fucked up regardless. FFS.

(Unless the parental controls prevent seeing the advertisment)
Will never understand this mentality. You do you, though.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Why do you care OP ? Are you secretly in the closet, like the gay conversion therapy people.
The way i see it is just capitalism at work.

Valve doesn't really care, they have sales about everything, if they can make more money like this, they will.

Last edited:
I want to play Dream Daddy!

I have bought life is strange ages ago, if never worked on any PC I ever had.

Seriously, other than dating sims, what should be in that kind of sales?

Last edited:

Teslerum

Will never understand this mentality. You do you, though.

It's a simple mentality.

I want my kids to be kids until they slowly discover their sexuality on their own during puberty+.
I don't mind these games existing or dealing with parenting and parenting controls. I do mind if that doesn't help.

Same reason I wouldn't like to see AssBlasters 4* advertised in the front section of my local shop.

(That example is intentionally over the top)

Last edited:

ROMhack

It's a simple mentality.

I want my kids to be kids until they slowly discover their sexuality on their own during puberty+.
I don't mind these games existing or dealing with parenting and parenting controls. I do mind if that doesn't help.

Same reason I wouldn't like to see AssBlasters 4* advertised in the children's toy section of my local shop.

I get that but steam is a storefront designed to make money so it makes it inappropriate for kids to begin with.

As a parent, there's not much more you can do but limit your kids from using Steam in the first place.

Why are these games always so perverted

Because they're FABULOUS.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
It's "corperate wokeness". They think it will make them money because all the kids are into it at the moment.

I went to a pride parade in the UK this summer and it was the most corporate-infested bullshit I have ever seen. There were company billboards fucking everywhere and literally everything was covered in brand logos, even dedicated floats. It never used to be like that. It used to be free to join in, but now you have to pay some random company.

Sexuality has been monetised.

ROMhack

It's "corperate wokeness". They think it will make them money because all the kids are into it at the moment.

I went to a pride parade in the UK this summer and it was the most corporate-infested bullshit I have ever seen. There were company billboards fucking everywhere and literally everything was covered in brand logos, even dedicated floats. It never used to be like that. It used to be free to join in, but now you have to pay some random company.

Sexuality has been monetised.

Yep. I'm reading a book about VR at present and it opens with a conversation between the author and his younger self. He outlines how young people, rather than seeking rebellion and autonomy, now feel most comfortable when corporations dictate what's right and wrong - the younger self says that's ridiculous and far removed from what he believed growing up. I know it's not about sexuality but it strikes me as reflective of a lot of aspects of society right now. It's getting a lil' weird.

Last edited:
Same reason I wouldn't like to see AssBlasters 4* advertised in the front section of my local shop.

It's over the top to the point of killing your entire argument.

First of all, none of the games in this sale are being advertised on the Steam front page. The sale is, but the games themselves aren't. Secondly, none of the games in this sale (or any of the games on Steam in general) feature the kind of hardcore sexual content a name like "AssBlasters 4" would imply. I've been browsing through them for nearly 20 minutes now, and the worst I've seen is two topless guys hugging. To be honest, most of these games would probably qualify for a PG-13 rating at worst, they just happen to feature gay relationships.

Steam won't be turning your kids gay anytime soon.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Sincerelly I could care less. If theres good games with good discounts, then its ok. Otherwise I just ignore and move on. Not a big deal.

Majukun

i see no problems whatsoever with that sale.

why we don't have an heterosexual sale?
because it would not be much of the theme considering the number of games with heterosexual relationships in them.

Top Bottom