• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is some B.S by Capcom.

ZZZZ

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition is not coming out on PC, Capcom has said - sparking a raft of review bombs on Steam.

Last night, during Sony's PlayStation 5 event, Capcom unveiled Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, which includes Vergil as a playable character, as well as the Legendary Dark Knight mode (lots of enemies coming at you at once), Turbo mode (20 per cent gameplay speed increase), and ray-tracing support.

It turns out this Special Edition is for PS5 and Xbox Series X only - and won't be released for PC.

DMC5: Special Edition is launching digitally this November for $40 USD. Capcom confirmed to GameSpot that the Special Edition is not planned for PC; however, PC players who own the base game will also have the option to purchase Vergil as DLC for $5 USD.

The game sold millions of copies on PC...
Why do this to your own fan base?

Edit: No turbo mode, No DK difficulty, no visual or performance upgrades and no RTX patch coming to PC.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I really don't get this "Special Edition"

If I have the standard one and play on the PS5/Series I can download the ray tracing thing, but no Vergil?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
giphy.gif

Hinedorf

Banned
We're not talking about the same shady company that does something like sell Marvel vs Capcom 3 and then 3 weeks later sell Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultimate edition?

Re-releasing the same game at full price? That's the fucking Capcom way!

Keihart

It's a time thing probably, they just prioritized consoles for launch.
I really don't get this "Special Edition"

If I have the standard one and play on the PS5/Series I can download the ray tracing thing, but no Vergil?
As i understand, Vergil is going to be DLC for the base version too, but the RTX and Legendary Dark Night mode are only for the Special edition.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

They probably just want to re-sell the same game, and know pc players wouldn't swallow their shit if they just re-released the game and asked for it to be bought again.

jakinov

They'd be damned if they do and damned if they don't. PC gamers would review bomb it saying it should be a free upgrade if it came out PC. If they don't people get mad that they didn't release it. If they give it as free update it's just money they aren't going to get back.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

kingbean

Not buying the DLC then. This PS5 announcement came with some cool info for PC players then suddenly its all been taken away.

Fuck this, why are PC gamers being treated like 2nd class citizens.

John Day

Review bombs 🤣

Jesus fucking christ.

Sucks that it ain’t coming to PC at the same time, but i’m pretty damn sure it’s coming anyways.

Mhmmm 2077

They also didn't release VR mode for Resident Evil 7 on PC in the past, now this... it will happen again in the future too, I'm sure.

MiguelItUp

I just wish devs/pubs would be more upfront about platforms the game will be released on. If it's an exclusive deal, as unfortunate as it is, I get it. But in some instances it's information they're just not releasing, probably because they're worried about impacting the sales of other platforms.

But come on man, give your fans the privilege to choose what platform they want it on. Especially if it's already planned to be on them anyway.

Ha, I loved the game but I won't fall for this bullshit. Capcom always does this, they butchered Dragon's Dogma content and sold separately as an expansion, which was already on the game, you just needed a license. They did SFV dirty too, and the RE3 remake was a B-tier remake in comparison to RE2. I love their IPs but they always do this trash.

Aion002

People should have realized Capcom is one of the most greedy/scummy companies when they made RE7 VR exclusive to PSVR and to this day still haven't made it available to the plethora of PC headsets.
Yep. I love Capcom.... But they are quite terrible in some aspects.

CD Projeckt would release this thing as a free update...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can't wait to play this in 6 weeks. Nero's Showdown ability was practically made for LDK situations. Instant SSS.

Or Dante's Kalina Ann gunslinger bullshit where he shoots a concentrated & sustained beam. Wew lad.

Top Bottom