• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things in gaming you want but will never get?

RCU005

I'll start with this:
An option to choose NOT to get trophies.

I don't know why, but I don't try many games as before because of them. I know this is very absurd and stupid, but I can't help to have the trophies be a big part in choosing which games I play.

There are some trophies that I have loved to get, like, I opened three accounts to get the platinum three times for Gravity Rush. It's just that there are some games, that I want to play, but not having to worry about trophies. Whether it's a game with almost-impossible trophies like MP games, or time-consuming ones, or wanting to just try out a game, and obviously if I don't like it, I will abandon it, so now I'll have a list of trophies I will never get.

Another solution would be to be able to delete trophies not just at 0%.
Which also would help for people that would love to get a platinum over again without having to create different accounts, like I did for Gravity Rush.

Of course, I believe this feature will never be real. I don't know if Xbox allows that, but if they don't have that option either, my guess is that it will never happen, sadly.

What is the "thing" in gaming that you want, but know will never get? It could be anything: a feature, a game mechanic, a game mode, a DLC, etc.

MiguelItUp

A game that plays like a modern day beat-em-up. 4 player co-op, up-to-date graphics, destructible environments, etc.

A competitive Arena Shooter resurrection.

Aion002

I imagine that it will never happen but I sure hope that every buy to play game that sells a shit ton of microtransactions, season passes and have other f2p practices just stop being successful and they never ever make another game like that.

I love f2p games, Smite, Warframe and others are awesome and I am happy to give them money because they deserve.

EA asking 60/70 usd for a Battlefield game that doesn't have a story mode and will have battle passes, microtransactions and other crap?

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

A proper Paper Mario TTYD sequel.

The chance to delete trophies. I once lent my Vita to my sister so she could play some gay-ass Visual Novel and for some reason it didn't register with me that it'd be forever etched into my trophy collection. She even got her platinum while she was at it lol fucking hell

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Spending $5000 on the best gaming computer I can buy. Only for it to become inferior the next year and having to spend 5 grand again.

I am a poor son of a bitch.

Corgi1985

Banned
A pokemon game with difficulty other than brain damaged baby's first video game. SMT/Persona is eating lamefreak's lunch in making an engaging RPG with monster collecting. Just eating it and shitting it right out all over Gamefreaks lazy incompetent face.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lunar 3 from a resurrected Studio Alex/Game Arts/WD

oh and

And as long as people keep playing 'Souls' games over and over again a new Armored Core

'Souls' is like the new ernest "ernest goes to space" "souls goes MediEvil" can't wait for people to get bored and move on

FeldMonster

A game that plays like a modern day beat-em-up. 4 player co-op, up-to-date graphics, destructible environments, etc.

A competitive Arena Shooter resurrection.
Try Power Rangers Mega Battle, it is fantastic. Graphics are modern, though quite simplistic. But 4 player co op is great, and the gameplay is awesome, especially once you unlock all the moves and combos. Perfect for reliving my youth while introducing my (now Power Rangers obsessed) daughter to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Developers to stick by the decisions they made during development and the 1000s of hours of testing, instead of succumbing to the whims of noobs moaning on twitter because they get owned too fast after playing 1 round saying the ttk is too high and they need more time to "react"

So the game gets nerfed into the ground, the noobs leave anyway and the actual fans get left with a steaming, bullet sponge filled pile of ass.

Looking at you DICE.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Latency free (or near it) streaming from my PC to television in my living room - including things like 7.1 surround sound.

Sure, I can just run an ethernet cable under the edges of the carpet. But I want wifi.

GV82

A new 3rd Person big openworld single player game set in the Cyberpunk genre with a big budget that’s really good & worthy of a few sequels, maybe with RPG elements, maybe something like the old Mass Effect games, lots of weapons, control flying vehicles, massive mega city buildings you can go in, upgrades etc

Most Cyberpunk games that I have played are either Isometric, 1st person, retro 8/16 bit style, 2d, visual novels etc (closest I think are probably the Watchdog games, but I want more than what they give & better)

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I know I might hurt some on all the different platforms, but...

It would fantastic if everyone was united. Like in buying a console is like you buy an amd or Intel CPU.

Competition of hardware instead of who can make or money hat most exclusives.

Thinking a platform needs exclusives is to me a sad state if some plastic hardware would be useless without it.

If any platform was purely a choice of deciding how you want to play instead of being forced to buy hardware for a few games, where you might meet a controller you just don't click with.

I'm tired of all the fanboy shit. We would still see it if it turned out like this, but there would be less subjects to fanboy around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom