• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thieves play dig dug, steal Xbox 360s in disappointment

Core407

Banned
"A Jacksonville GameStop has reported that thieves burrowed through the back wall of the video game store and stole 13 Xbox 360 game consoles.

From the look of scattered boxes, a manager at the store said the thieves were really looking for a Playstation 3. But when the PS3 boxes were empty, the thieves took the Xbox's as a consolation prize. Police said video-game-related crime is nothing new. A Jacksonville police officer said video games are one of the most common items stolen.

In Connecticut, one man was shot Nov. 17, while waiting in line to buy a PlayStation 3 at a Wal-Mart.

On Dec. 4, North Carolina police shot and killed an 18-year-old man accused of beating a college student and stealing two PlayStation 3 units."

source

:lol

JdFoX187

Banned
Went through all of that trouble for video games. Damn, I've been called a hardcore gamer plenty of times, but this is lunacy.

painey

tHoMNZ said:
what can I say? sony fans arn't the smartest lot

you think they were sony fans because they wanted to steal the most expensive games console? They were hardly just breaking in so they could play Resistance.. or they wouldnt have nicked 13 360's.

Odysseus

Banned
Core407 said:
On Dec. 4, North Carolina police shot and killed an 18-year-old man accused of beating a college student and stealing two PlayStation 3 units.

holy shnikeys, where did this happen?

edit: wilmington. so sad.

Quagm1r3

Imagine a bunch of nerds dressed from the matrix robbing a gamestop with uzi's. Priceless.:lol

"Gimme da PS3's you n00b1!!111!"

Markster

Neo_Dasus said:
It's a good thing I'm anti-console.

I always buy these things a few years after the release anyway.
objection.jpg

livestOne

JdFoX187 said:
Went through all of that trouble for video games. Damn, I've been called a hardcore gamer plenty of times, but this is lunacy.

...yeeeah i don't think they stole all those consoles for that massive lan party they were planing. I think they're going to sell them and split the moneys :lol

JdFoX187

Banned
livestOne said:
...yeeeah i don't think they stole all those consoles for that massive lan party they were planing. I think they're going to sell them and split the moneys :lol
After I posted that, that thought crossed my mind. I slapped myself and went about my business.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Someone burrowed through the wall at the Gamestop I worked at as well. It sucked because I had to go to work at like 5 am that morning to watch the store because there was a hole in the wall.

Top Bottom