• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These are all traps by Sony’s enemies

hyperbertha

What a deluded load of bullshit. I'm sure they have data that says some games don't sell quite as much as their yearly western films but that is exactly the kind of reasoning xbox/EA/Ubisoft etc make with the consequence that a sizable portion of the hardcore fanbase stops caring about them.

We as consumers don't and shouldn't care at all how much profits they make but whether they are sticking to the image that made us like them in the first place. And the answer is sony is looking like its going increasingly corporate driven rather than passion/creative driven like we knew them as, and that is where all the rage is coming from. They deserve everything they are getting. If you are more concerned about their bottomline than their business practices you are an idiot.

TidusYuna

If you remove sony from neogaf there might not be a forum left...maybe.
Neil Degrasse Tyson Poof GIF by New York Comic Con
rrzzlo.gif

Well, actually... you right.

Fahdis

LMFAO, what is this bump?

LMFAOWTFBBQ!!11one!

I was just writing a reply and this came up on similar threads. I laughed my ass off and decided its worth being part of this hilarity. *eats popcorn*

Edit: Reading the thread further, I've done something extremely sinful and regrettable haven't I?

Last edited:

Zannegan

Man, Playstation fans can be scary at times
Make that any fanboy who drinks too deeply of the coolade, but yeah.

EDIT:
The best part is that it's such mild censure to such minor missteps that Sony and consumers barely even noticed at the time let alone rememering them now, but this guy sees it like some kind of game of thrones.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
Thank you to whoever bumped this - I had forgotten this truly impressive piece of batshit insanity and I needed a laugh.

I'll say it time and time again. Sony fanboys are the most toxic in gaming.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Sony fans are really annoying no doubt, but Nintendo has the worst fanbase by far. Especially Smash and Pokemon fans, they're the most toxic fanbases I've ever seen. Worse than Sony fans, worse than MS fans, even worse than Sega fans somehow. Nintendo fans are certainly the most militant as well. I'm pretty sure many Ninty fans would literally murder their entire families if Miyamoto told them to. I have never seen anyone simp for a corporation as much as a hardcore Nintendo fan.

And if you couldn't tell from my username, avatar, or post history, I'm saying that as a huge Nintendo fan myself. I have always loved Nintendo since I was a little kid, and the GameCube is even my all time favorite console. Shit, I even have a Majora's Mask tattoo on my left arm. But my god, I hate being associated with the trash within the community.

In all fairness, a lot of Ninty fans are really cool people, so it's definitely not the entire fanbase. But the bad fans that do exist are simply fucking awful. Trust me, if you've been a Nintendo fan as long as I have and actively interacted in Nintendo-specific communities (message boards, Facebook groups, YouTube comment sections), you'd see what I mean. The good Nintendo fans are great. But the bad Nintendo fans are the absolute worst.

Fahdis

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Sony fans are really annoying no doubt, but Nintendo has the worst fanbase by far. Especially Smash and Pokemon fans, they're the most toxic fanbases I've ever seen. Worse than Sony fans, worse than MS fans, even worse than Sega fans somehow. Nintendo fans are certainly the most militant as well. I'm pretty sure many Ninty fans would literally murder their entire families if Miyamoto told them to. I have never seen anyone simp for a corporation as much as a hardcore Nintendo fan.

And if you couldn't tell from my username, avatar, or post history, I'm saying that as a huge Nintendo fan myself. I have always loved Nintendo since I was a little kid, and the GameCube is even my all time favorite console. Shit, I even have a Majora's Mask tattoo on my left arm. But my god, I hate being associated with the trash within the community.

In all fairness, a lot of Ninty fans are really cool people, so it's definitely not the entire fanbase. But the bad fans that do exist are simply fucking awful. Trust me, if you've been a Nintendo fan as long as I have and actively interacted in Nintendo-specific communities (message boards, Facebook groups, YouTube comment sections), you'd see what I mean. The good Nintendo fans are great. But the bad Nintendo fans are the absolute worst.

I agree with this but Sony fans are starting to get there slowly.

Top Bottom