• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These are all the features the Xbox Series X is losing vs. Xbox One

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This video is not valid for Series X.

But seriously if Windows Core OS leads to mpv in Xbox Series X(with the ability to use shaders) I wont mind. It would be the ultimate media box.

Last edited:

FeldMonster

Don't you have the pip on your tv?
Does PIP actually work for you? I think it depends on your region. From my understanding, Samsung TVs (for example) in the US can only show content PIP from a sub-HD source, making it basically worthless, as nothing I have is sub-HD these days. I looked and tried extensively when I got my new (at the time) 75" TV, as I wanted to game while having sports or something in the corner.

If anyone knows how to get it work properly, I am all ears.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Does PIP actually work for you. I think it depends on your region. From my understanding, Samsung TVs (for example) in the US can only show content PIP from a sub-HD source, making it basically worthless, as nothing I have is sub-HD these days. I looked and tried extensively when I got my new (at the time) 75" TV, as I wanted to game while having sports or something in the corner.

If anyone knows how to get it work properly, I am all ears.
Never tried so i don't even know how to do the pip,but i saw in the "apps" there Is the multi screen

It was time.

I will admit that I miss using Kinect for voice controls (mainly recording clips) but it's already dead so why would it be supported on XSX? My surround receiver is ancient so I currently use optical to connect but I'll either upgrade or get an adapter. Never had real use for HDMI in from the jump since we cut the cable waaaay back.

wolywood

OK that is some bullshit... "the Bluetooth signal isn't strong enough to meet Microsoft's specifications for latency"? Funny how PS4 and Switch don't seem to have this issue. Also the Series X has the most cutting edge console gaming technology we've ever seen but Microsoft still can't include a rechargeable battery in their controllers?

Last edited by a moderator:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
OK that is some bullshit... "the Bluetooth signal isn't strong enough to meet Microsoft's specifications for latency"? Funny how PS4 and Switch don't seem to have this issue. Also the Series X has the most cutting edge console gaming technology we've ever seen but Microsoft still can't include a rechargeable battery in their controllers?
why would you want a built in rechargeable batttery? when battery is knackered the controller is done

j0hnnix

Gold Member
The one feature I can say I enjoyed and wish it would come back was the split screen. Watch twitch and play a game helped my adhd lol.

Reactions: Alx

Gravemind

The only feature that they're taking away that I actually use right now is the HDMI In port for my cable box.

Considering it takes just as much time to use the one guide to get to my cable box as it does to just switch to HDMI 2 with my remote, I dont think it's that big of a deal.

Gone
HDMI-in -- who cares?
IR blaster-- get one of those old school logitech universal remote, HDMI does all this now
SPDIF optical audio--sad if this was your connection of choice (I use optical audio from the TV to the receiver)

Probably gone?
OneGuide? What's that?

Possibly gone?
Kinect support? No more just dance 😭

Jesb

So another gen with no Bluetooth..... unreal. Expensive new machines and I can’t even use my headphones. That’s just bs.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Gone
HDMI-in -- who cares?
IR blaster-- get one of those old school logitech universal remote, HDMI does all this now
SPDIF optical audio--sad if this was your connection of choice (I use optical audio from the TV to the receiver)

Probably gone?
OneGuide? What's that?

Possibly gone?

Goliathy

Banned
Gone
HDMI-in -- who cares?

Probably gone?
OneGuide? What's that?

Possibly gone?

Just Dance will still work with a smartphone

I don’t wanna sound like a dick but If you are still using optical audio in 2020 you are doing it wrong. It doesn’t even support the lossless surround sound formats that have been on the market for OVER 10 years.

Someone mentioned Rocksmith. That game was unplayable to me even with optical. I’m talking about the current gen version specifically.

On PS3 the game was ok if you used the analog output port.

Top Bottom