• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These are all the exclusives releasing on Xbox for Holiday 2020 and 2021

MH3M3D

For Holiday 2020.
The Medium and Exo One are not releasing on Xbox One. Yakuza: Like a Dragon is not exclusive to last gen, but only current gen. For 2021
Everything upto Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is not coming to Xbox One. Although not confirmed, its possible that Flight Simulator, Minecraft DXR and Forza Motorsport(or maybe even Hellblade II) will release in 2021.

Most of those sound like unknown mobile games. Quality>Quantity Microsoft, GET ON IT!

Last edited:

GymWolf

How many of them are coming to PC though?
giphy.gif

ANIMAL1975

people might make fun of it but it's still better than what PS5 offers

iN mY oPiNiON
A better timed exclusive Indys list?

... and quoting games that already came out for pc and PS4!!! (Yakuza) as launch 'EXCLUSIVES'?! These kind of lists have a name lol

supernova8

Banned
A decent number of those games are already available on PS4 and/or PC, and some of the others are timed-exclusivity deals rather than actual exclusives, but yeah at least there's something to play. I won't be too judgmental until I've had a chance to compare to it what Sony (presumably) announces tomorrow as their launch lineup.

CrysisFreak

Banned
The majority of that list is Bugsnax tier filler.
And this list is for 2021 too?
JFC that is insanely godawful not gonna lie.

Thank god sony doesn't have these weak titles in his lineup

images

f390e60a7ba1e287f492cdeb1e7c4db5

Sackboy-A-Big-Adventure_06-11-20.jpg

Absolutely. I don’t get why so many known console warriors are coming in to shit on the lineup as if PS5 is launching with something amazing. The biggest game it has is a Spider-Man expansion. Outside of that, it’s chock full of the same type of cross gen timed exclusive games as the Xbox library. And even like the Xbox, the most interesting PS5 game(s) have been delayed out of the launch, Kena and Deathloop.

Mmnow

Absolutely. I don’t get why so many known console warriors are coming in to shit on the lineup as if PS5 is launching with something amazing. The biggest game it has is a Spider-Man expansion. Outside of that, it’s chock full of the same type of cross gen timed exclusive games as the Xbox library. And even like the Xbox, the most interesting PS5 game(s) have been delayed out of the launch, Kena and Deathloop.
These are the same people who, every time this comes up, knowingly tap their nose and say "Sony have more to announce."

For the most part it's blind faith. Partly it's ignorance (see how many people think R&C will be a launch title). A huge chunk are judging PS5 exclusives AND third party multiplats against Xbox exclusives, cause after MM that's what they'll be playing. They just don't give it the benefit of the doubt the other way.

Both consoles are looking anemic. Consoles always look like that at launch. At least this time around we'll have backwards compatibility and any games missed will benefit from faster loading.

But anybody laughing at this list is going to have a really hard time come November.

Klayzer

Honestly, there's no confirmed launch list for the PS5 to my knowledge. But I'm sure, when it is released, you will downplay it like the otherside you are accusing of.

Humdinger

If we focus on "normal" games and take indies off the list, what remains for holiday 2020? The Medium and Gears Tactics... Anything else? Yakuza is on the list, but apparently that's not exclusive.

Last edited:
For Holiday 2020.
The Medium and Exo One are not releasing on Xbox One. Yakuza: Like a Dragon is not exclusive to last gen, but only current gen. For 2021
Everything upto Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is not coming to Xbox One. Although not confirmed, its possible that Flight Simulator, Minecraft DXR and Forza Motorsport(or maybe even Hellblade II) will release in 2021.

crossfireX is the game to watch out for, remedy are masters at shooting games genre and their campaign trailer looked glorious. But isn’t that also a timed exclusive?

VAVA Mk2

You know you are in trouble when not making 15mil in production as planed, getting shook by MS announcements and magically PS5 showcase event pops up the following week out of the blue, no price yet in mid Sep...and Spidey DLC is a big launch title in 2020

Now How you like them 🍎 🍎🍎s
Sony doesn't exactly have a great lineup either. I'm not advocating for either side.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
If we focus on "normal" games and take indies off the list, what remains for holiday 2020? The Medium and Gears Tactics... Anything else? Yakuza is on the list, but apparently that's not exclusive.
Define "normal". I am excited for Falconeer, Call of the Sea and Exo One.
crossfireX is the game to watch out for, remedy are masters at shooting games genre and their campaign trailer looked glorious. But isn’t that also a timed exclusive?
Its one of those games where they dont talk about it, so we dont know. But it probably is.

Mmnow

I'm gonna play Gears, Ori, The Medium, Dragon Quest, Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs.

Exclusivity doesn't make a difference. There will be games to play.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
How did we arrive at a situation where people are talking about console exclusives, when the manufacturers of the console have made it clear there will never be any exclusives for it?

You can either support that philosophy, or criticise it. But you can’t just pretend it doesn’t exist.

Last edited:

SilentUser

There is no way around it: that's pretty bad. Of course not everything was announced when you consider the list also brings 2021. Also, Yakuza is not a exclusive (and maybe other games listed as well).

Humdinger

Define "normal".

"Normal" as in AA budget at least, longer length (say 15-40 hrs, approximately, maybe more), and usually a $60 price tag (maybe $40 in some cases), and available in physical as well as download. As opposed to indies, which tend to be much lower budget, shorter in length (maybe 6 to 8 hrs on average), usually available via download only, and priced around $15-$30.

Exclusivity doesn't make a difference. There will be games to play.

Exclusive games do make a difference, and it's the topic of the thread.

Last edited:

Mmnow

"Normal" as in AA budget at least, longer length (say 15-40 hrs, approximately, maybe more), and usually a $60 price tag (maybe $40 in some cases), and available in physical as well as download. As opposed to indies, which tend to be much lower budget, shorter in length (maybe 6 to 8 hrs on average), usually available via download only, and priced around $15-$30.

Exclusive games do make a difference, and it's the topic of the thread.
I knew someone would half see my comment and then rush to write an Achtually post missing the point entirely.

You can't look at a list of exclusives and judge the launch line-up by that. There will be other great games to play, and they'll be no worse off for also being available on the other console. Exclusivity doesn't matter in that context, obviously.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Definitely lacking in sole next gen exclusives but let's not pretend the start of every new gen is not riddled with cross gen games. Does nobody remember PS3/360 to PS4/Xone? Came out with a limited selection of games which most were cross gen releases. Felt like forever until we actually got new games at a decent pace. All I did was play BF4 for the start of the gen.

Yeah... But MS not having ONE exclusive of their own is very weak. But that's how they want to play this I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah... But MS not having ONE exclusive of their own is very weak. But that's how they want to play this I guess.

I mean... if Halo wasn’t delayed they’d be launching day one with Halo Infinite and Gears Tactics. It’s not like they can decide to delay Infinite and then rush up another game to replace it.

There’s also the fact that there are lots of games that are getting “optimized for Series X” and getting free upgrades that will make them look and play much better than last gen. They’ll have Gears 5 and Horizon for that, I didn’t play much of them on current gen because we knew next gen upgrades were coming. To me, those will be like brand new games. Not to mention all the third party stuff. I bought Madden and have barely played it, I’ll get the XSX upgrade for free. This is not like a normal launch in many facets.

I think when you consider backwards compatibility, timed exclusives, exclusives, and third party multiplats, both consoles have a lineup that is perfectly fine. On paper they are better than Xbone and PS4 imho. It all boils down to which of the smaller scale exclusives you like on one console versus the other.

For the people driving by and shouting "On PC" like that episode of South Park with "Simpsons Did It", not everyone, y'know, has a PC. So that argument means jack shit. But it is a weak launch list.

Mister Wolf

For the people driving by and shouting "On PC" like that episode of South Park with "Simpsons Did It", not everyone, y'know, has a PC. So that argument means jack shit. But it is a weak launch list.

You think its bad now wait until Scorn releases especially if it makes 2020.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I didn't know CrossFire X and Call of the Sea are supposed to launch this year. Very Cool, I'm interested in both of those games. With Cyberpunk, The medium, Gears Tactics and Valhalla I'm already set for several months after launch and now I find there are even more games to carry me well into 2021 when EVEN MORE games are releasing.

It will turn out to be a great thing halo got delayed since we will still have something big to look forward to after all these early games.

Elcid

Banned
I don’t know why but I expected an empty OP so I’m glad to see it’s not! The only game that interests me is Phantasy Star. I’ve never played one but the series has always looked promising.

Neo Blaster

For Holiday 2020.
So many timed exclusives, I can wait to play them on PS.

Kerotan

Has Phil declared this "the best games lineup in xbox history" yet?
I'm so glad we don't have to listen to that bullshit anymore. He was becoming a self parody at one stage. Yeah the exclusive line up is terrible. 2022 won't be much better. Xbox hasn't been great since the first half of the 360.

Top Bottom