• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There Never Was a Switch Pro

TheBomb

There-is-no-spoon.jpeg

Yes, it never existed. Ever. There never was going to be a 4K Switch.

You know why?

"Leakers" and "Journalists" made it up out of an ASSUMPTION.

They saw Nintendo buying up a bunch of OLED screens, and ASSUMED that Nintendo wouldn't be dumb enough to just release a Switch OLED refresh without a spec boost. Ignoring that Nvidia's mobile stuff has been pretty stagnant, these insiders just assumed it would be a more powerful Switch.

But we all fell for it, and we shouldn't have. A huge red flag was NO developers were talking about a Switch boost. We learned about the PS4 Pro from developers, who were talking about the "Neo" devkit at GDC long before the console was announced (and back then GDC was in March). If there really was a Switch Pro, some developer wouldn't leaked it by now.
Why didn't you tell us?

e&e

Banned
Remember when I said Nintendo likes to destroy whoever is leaking their shit? Well there it is…they probably were able to discern who leaked by setting the honey trap, then got them fired and NDAed…

MiguelItUp

All of the "leakers" and "insiders" have been ULTRA bored the past couple of years. Especially when the whole quarantine started, lol. It's like a ton of them just made shit up for lols and blasted it onto the internet. Just please take anything you read that isn't confirmed with a gigantic grain of salt. Don't disappoint yourself.

Nintendo as always taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

A slight internal memory bump, new oled screen and slightly better speakers is now going for 350 dollars.

The Xbox series S (299 dollars) with its specs compared to the this New switch really tells you all you need to know.

Hard to also believe for 50 more dollars you can get a digital PS5, Madness.

Typical Nintendo milking their fans as always.

UnNamed

Banned
Nah, I think there is a plan for a Switch Pro, because there were credible rumors , and even evidences, of some contract for new parts.
The main problem is, IMHO, the chip shortage, they probably had a plan but they can't release a Switch Pro now because they have shortages in some components.

EDIT: I've just read the news of the new Switch OLED and yes, I can still confirm my hypothesis.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
Nintendo as always taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

A slight internal memory bump, new oled screen and slightly better speakers is now going for 350 dollars.

The Xbox series S (299 dollars) with its specs compared to the this New switch really tells you all you need to know.

Hard to also believe for 50 more dollars you can get a digital PS5, Madness.

Typical Nintendo milking their fans as always.
FYI, MS and Sony lose money on their devices…Nintendo does not and they don’t want to. It’s their way to make bank, unlike Sony and MS that has other parts of the company to bolster them if need be. I understand even though it sucks!

TTOOLL

Imagine expecting a portable device capable of outputting 4k games designed by Nintendo. NINTENDO. You were wrong from the beginning.

ksdixon

Here's the Switch Pro:

J46Dk8B.jpg
FFS, Vita still hurts. Should have had L1, L2, R1, R2, LS, RS buttons, no stupid ass back touchscreen, and affordable storage.

I'm convinced that people still want a VITA style handheld that isn't hamstrung by... stupidity, rather than clipping their controller to a phone, or slapping their phone into some custom housing.

Top Bottom