• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is only BC with Cyberpunk 2077 and a patch right?

cormack12

Gold Member
So Cyberpunk is retailing digitally for PS4 at £54.99

PS5 digital preorders are not up yet, and it's not on amazon.co.uk. CDPR did an interview and said:

Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine.

The news, confirmed last night in an investor call, follows CD Projekt Red's announcement in February it would support Microsoft's Smart Delivery initiative for Xbox - meaning the free upgrade will work the same there for Xbox One copies on Xbox Series X.

So I take it the only option is going to be buy the current gen version, then get the day 1 patch on PS5/XSX? They're not going to have a seperate PS5 release?

Then next year we get the XSX/PS5 SKUs?

Stuart360

They are actually doing a proper next gen release, but thats further down the line. Its supposed to be a patch for next gen at launch, but what that patch is, is still very much in the air.
Imo its looking increasingly likely it will just be the base console versions at 4k, with maybe a better framerate.

EDMIX

So Cyberpunk is retailing digitally for PS4 at £54.99

PS5 digital preorders are not up yet, and it's not on amazon.co.uk. CDPR did an interview and said:

So I take it the only option is going to be buy the current gen version, then get the day 1 patch on PS5/XSX? They're not going to have a seperate PS5 release?

Then next year we get the XSX/PS5 SKUs?

Correct.

To my understanding, they will not have a PS5 version (so they say lolz).

So this version will simply release with a patch on both PS5 and Series X

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It will most likely be only playable on next-gen if something like Control is barelly acceptable on X1X. Since they showed gameplay on 2080Ti which rans in really modest resolution and FPS, I would not expect it to be that great on current gen.

Fbh

According to the info out there that seems to be the case.

At launch it will get an update that "adds some improvements based on the horsepower of those consoles " (I'm going to guess this is going to be a basic resolution increase with smoother framerate).
And then at some point next year it will get a proper "more robust" next gen upgrade that's also going to be free (I'm guessing that's when they improve textures, draw distance, post processing, etc).

I imagine once the second upgrade is ready they'll also make a proper next gen SKU with a physical release that includes the pre upgraded version.

According to the info out there that seems to be the case.

At launch it will get an update that "adds some improvements based on the horsepower of those consoles " (I'm going to guess this is going to be a basic resolution increase with smoother framerate).
And then at some point next year it will get a proper "more robust" next gen upgrade that's also going to be free (I'm guessing that's when they improve textures, draw distance, post processing, etc).

I imagine once the second upgrade is ready they'll also make a proper next gen SKU with a physical release that includes the pre upgraded version.
xbone x and ps4pro versions most probably already shipping with high-rez textures though
imo next-gen patch will be good enough

Correct.

To my understanding, they will not have a PS5 version (so they say lolz).

So this version will simply release with a patch on both PS5 and Series X

My understanding is that both PS5 and XSX versions will play and look roughly the same as OG versions, save, perhaps, for some framerate improvements. The free 2021 path will update the game on both platforms more significantly and , in that sense, an official PS5 version of the game will definitely be available later on.

EDMIX

My understanding is that both PS5 and XSX versions will play and look roughly the same as OG versions, save, perhaps, for some framerate improvements. The free 2021 path will update the game on both platforms more significantly and , in that sense, an official PS5 version of the game will definitely be available later on.

To my understanding, they have no plans to make a PS5 or Series X version. Simply update thru BC for those extra features.

Top Bottom