• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There can be only one...Lionsgate Moving Forward With Henry Cavill & Chad Stahelski ‘Highlander’ Reboot

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

In the world of Highlander reboots, there can still only be one…and it’s a good one at that.

For the first time, Lionsgate will be launching sales at the AFM on their long-gestating fantasy reboot which has Henry Cavill aboard to star as the eponymous Scottish swordsman and John Wick filmmaker Chad Stahelski set to direct.

We hear this will be a big-budget proposition, north of $100M. Stahelski himself has previously talked about it as akin to John Wick with swords. The team is eyeing a 2024 start.

Sure why not. It's been long enough. Let's look up the writer...

eqVlRpF5XOEtwmy_1698424254.png

200.gif

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder which level of Highlander lore they go with. The downside with "there can be only one" is that at the end of the film....there is only one. It's a super catchy tagline but TERRIBLE for sequelization. I'm assuming they mostly stick to the first film and just take the swordplay to 11 (and probably trim out the Punisher guy) with the love story kinda thrown in there.

Very curious who will be Ramirez. Antonio Banderas? Javier Bardem? Sam Jackson? For legacies sake it should be Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, or Daniel Craig :p

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Better not slow Cavill’s Warhammer project.

Shouldn‘t. They’re probably a good year out from even writing any scripts for that. I don’t think the deal’s even been completely finalised - which doesn’t surprise me, given how GW works and how Amazon functions.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I wonder which level of Highlander lore they go with. The downside with "there can be only one" is that at the end of the film....there is only one. It's a super catchy tagline but TERRIBLE for sequelization. I'm assuming they mostly stick to the first film and just take the swordplay to 11 (and probably trim out the Punisher guy) with the love story kinda thrown in there.

Very curious who will be Ramirez. Antonio Banderas? Javier Bardem? Sam Jackson? For legacies sake it should be Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, or Daniel Craig :p
If they are putting 100M$ on this....I expect that they are thinking about sequels and they did mention they would tap into the lore of the TV series before so....Well, gimme Kalas you punks!

jason10mm

Gold Member
If they are putting 100M$ on this....I expect that they are thinking about sequels and they did mention they would tap into the lore of the TV series before so....Well, gimme Kalas you punks!
Cavill is Ritchie, calling it now!

xCeGfzN.jpg

RIP Stan Kirsch though, taken way too soon at only 51 :p

Tams

Highlander sucks and I don't think I could bear any more Scottish people (and Americans) going 'Scooooootlaaaaand!!!'

I do like Scotland, but it is also one of the places I've experienced the most prejudice; mostly for being English.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I just hope they make some reference to the greatest display of cutting power of ANY KATANA EVER!!

But seriously, dem ivory dragon headed katanas gonna shoot up in price.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Highlander sucks and I don't think I could bear any more Scottish people (and Americans) going 'Scooooootlaaaaand!!!'

I do like Scotland, but it is also one of the places I've experienced the most prejudice; mostly for being English.

tumblr_ntp8h0ieYl1uef3hco2_r1_400.gif

Top Bottom