• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are currently more than 25 games in development for PS5 at PlayStation Studios.

kyliethicc

Jimmy Sony today reiterated that there are still over 25 1st party PS5 games in development.

"Additionally, there are currently more than 25 games in development for PS5 at PlayStation Studios."

So what are these 26+ games? Well here's what we know.

1. Horizon Forbidden West
2. Gran Turismo 7
3. God of War Ragnarok
4. Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (probably counts)
5. MLB The Show 22
6. Spider-man 2
7. Wolverine
8. The Last of Us multiplayer
9. Bend Studio's new IP
10. Haven Studios' new IP (multiplayer)
11. Firewalk Studios' new IP (multiplayer)
12. Deviation Games' new IP
13. Santa Monica Studio's 2nd game (Cory Barlog's next game)
14. Guerrilla's 2nd game (multiplayer)
15. London Studio's game (multiplayer)
16. Pixelopus' next game (using UE5)
17. Sucker Punch's next game (Ghost of Tsushima 2)
18. Housemarque's next game (Returnal 2 or new IP?)
19. Bluepoint's next game ("original content")
20. Team Asobi's next game (more Astro Bot?)
21. Firesprite's next game (seems to be a Horizon VR spinoff)
22. Firesprite's 2nd game (seems to be a multiplayer shooter)
23. Dreams / whatever the fuck Media Molecule do
+ Star Wars KOTOR remake (not sure if that counts?)

Then the rumors & speculation..

24. Helldivers 2 from Arrowhead - from the Nvidia Geforce leak.
25. The Last of Us remake / Part II remaster - from the Jason Schreier article.
26. new IP from Naughty Dog - could be being created/directed by Shaun Escayg?
27. 3rd game from Insomniac - they are hiring for multiplayer. Marcus Smith?
28. Twisted Metal - rumored to be in dev by Lucid Games and related to the new TV show
29. Bloodborne remaster - rumored to be coming to PS5 and PC from Bluepoint
30. Probably some random PS5 VR launch game made by an external studio

Not a bad list of games Jimbo.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

onQ123

What happened to that rumored Men in Black game? 😔
1zZ5cXv.gif

mejin

I doubt they count the games that were previously announced like GT, GoW and Horizon.

Anyway, things are just getting started.

Lognor

Banned
I doubt they count the games that were previously announced like GT, GoW and Horizon.

Why wouldn't they include those games? " There are currently more than 25 games in development for PS5 at PlayStation Studios," not "there are more than 25 unannounced games in development." This 25+ clearly includes those games that are already announced.

sircaw

Banned
Jimmy Sony today reiterated that there are still over 25 1st party PS5 games in development.

"Additionally, there are currently more than 25 games in development for PS5 at PlayStation Studios."

So what are these 26+ games? Well here's what we know.

1. Horizon FW
2. GT7
3. GoW Ragnarok
4. Uncharted Collection (probably counts, idk?)
5. MLB 22
6. Spidey 2
7. Wolverine
8. The Last of Us multiplayer
9. Bend Studio's new IP
10. Haven Studios' new IP (multiplayer)
11. Firewalk Studios' new IP (multiplayer)
12. Deviation Games' new IP
13. Santa Monica Studio's 2nd game (Cory Barlog's next game)
14. Guerrilla's 2nd game (multiplayer)
15. London Studio's game (multiplayer)
16. Pixelopus' next game (using UE5)
17. Sucker Punch's next game
18. Housemarque's next game
19. Bluepoint's next game ("original content")
20. Team Asobi's next game (more Astro Bot?)
21. Firesprite's next game (seemed to be a Horizon VR spin off)
22. Firesprite's 2nd game (seemed to be a multiplayer shooter)
23. whatever the fuck Media Molecule do
+ Star Wars KOTOR remake (not sure if that counts?)

Then the rumors & speculation..

24. Helldivers 2 from Arrowhead - from the Nvidia Geforce leak.. unconfirmed but possible.
25. The Last of Us remake / Part II remaster - from the Jason Schreier article.. unconfirmed but possible.
26. new IP from Naughty Dog - could be being created/directed by Shaun Escayg? Probably in pre-pro until TLOU mp ships.
27. 3rd game from Insomniac - they are hiring for multiplayer. We don't know what Marcus Smith is directing next (after R&C Rift Apart.)
28. Twisted Metal - rumored to be in dev by Lucid Games. Claims it will be free to play and related to the TV show. Who knows?
29. Bloodborne remaster - rumored to be coming to PS5 and PC from Bluepoint
30. Probably some random PS5 VR launch game made by an external studio

Not a bad list of games Jimbo.

Thoughts?
Where is that dirty cat game, i hate cats, game looks good though.

kyliethicc

Of course they are. Those are games in development.

I don't think the Kotor one counts, I think it's a purely timed exclusives deal. I think Aspyr are developing that alone.

I think the remedy exclusive is one of these though. There was a remedy job listing mentioning XDEV.
Yeah I hope Remedy are making a 1st party game.

Would love to see what such a creative studio could make with a big budget and Sony's support.

How many of them are crossgen tho?!
1. HFW
2. GT7
3. GOWR
4. MLB

Maybe a few of the multiplayer games too.

Last edited:

Aenima

where-are-they.jpg

Just announce them already. Still a good amount of games in development that no one knows anything about.

GymWolf

Of course they are. Those are games in development.

Yeah I hope Remedy are making a 1st party game.

Would love to see what such a creative studio could make with a big budget and Sony's support.

1. HFW
2. GT7
3. GOWR
4. MLB

Maybe a few of the multiplayer games too.
Those are the official ones, but you forget that horizon 2 and ragnarock were nextgen until they weren't anymore.

The reality is that we know jack shit about sony future plans, for what we know, with this fucking chip shortage, we could have crossgen for another couple of years.

That entire list could be crossgen except spidey and wolvy (and they can still change idea even for them).

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Those are the official ones, but you forget that horizon 2 and ragnarock were nextgen until they weren't anymore.

The reality is that we know jack shit about sony future plans, for what we know, with this fucking chip shortage, we could have crossgen for another couple of years.

That entire list could be crossgen except spidey and wolvy (and they can still change idea even for them).
Sony never once said HFW / GoWR were PS5 only.

They did lie about GT7.

Of course games COULD be... just like they COULD NOT be. Duh.

GymWolf

Sony never once said HFW / GoWR were PS5 only.

They did lie about GT7.

Of course games COULD be... just like they COULD NOT be. Duh.
They also didn't talked about ps4 version neither and everyone with a bit of experience knew that sony (old sony) never put their big games on the old console so yeah majority of people were convinced that horizon and ragnarock were ps5 only titles before the infamous interview where jim was confusing as usual with their crossgen politics (when the guy asked if ragnarock was crossgen and jim was all no comment lol)

My point is, tell me what games are nextgen only before getting excited, not knowing if i'm gonna play something that need to run on a jaguar and 5400 rpm hard disk is starting to be pretty annoying.

Keep in mind, GT7, Ragnarok, Horizon were intended to be 2021 releases, so it makes sense they are cross gen.

The two games they have announced beyond the year one launch titles (spider-man 2, wolverine) are next gen exclusive.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I used to be super excited for Sony’s first party game but these days Sony’s focus on western game has killed that for me. I’m currently much more excited for 3rd party games.

saintjules

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I guess I knew about some of these already.

That list is outdated.

Ratchet came out months ago.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

PlayStation Studios has been busy as the PlayStation 5 closes out its first year Throughout 2021, Sony's collection of worldwide development teams has continued to turn out acclaimed hits, reinvigorate old franchises, and expand with a host of acquisitions and first-party publishing partnerships. Let's check in on the state of PlayStation's First-Party Studios.

But first, a few notes. First off, we'll be focusing on PlayStation first-party studios only. So we won't be talking about studios developing third-party console exclusives or third-party partnerships, like those with Haven Studios, Demolition Games, and Firewalk Studios. Hey, we didn't cover Housemarque for this very reason the last time around, and since then they've been acquired by PlayStation, so never say never. Otherwise, we dig into the list of games PlayStation has on the way from its various studios: God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and Gran Turismo 7 are for sure on the way next year, plus Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine, along with a huge slate of unannounced projects in the works. What could new studios like Housemarque and Bluepoint be working on next? What are the unrevealed new projects from Bend, Pixelopus, London Studio, and more? We dive into all the details we do, and don't, know about PlayStation's upcoming slate leading into 2022, as well as look back on what the last games every studio released were for the PS4 and PS5.

Hunnybun

I just want to know if we're going to get a new Uncharted.

If Schreier was right then we know it was being worked on, at least partly by Bend. My guess is it's now just a Naughty Dog project, under Escayg and a mostly new team.

Also, I hope they don't end up doing too many multiplayer games. I've no interest in MP :(

reksveks

That list is outdated.

Ratchet came out months ago.
Need to have a way/place to look at updated games.

bitbydeath

I just want to know if we're going to get a new Uncharted.

If Schreier was right then we know it was being worked on, at least partly by Bend. My guess is it's now just a Naughty Dog project, under Escayg and a mostly new team.

Also, I hope they don't end up doing too many multiplayer games. I've no interest in MP :(
That was debunked already, but PlayStation Malaysia might be working on it.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

That's a great list 🔥 It looks like the only games missing are Lost Soul Aside and Granblue Fantasy Relink

GymWolf

They list ratchet but not wolverine for insomniac?

Also too much multy stuff for my taste.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Have they said they were ONLY working on a new title, though?
I don’t think they’re big enough to work on two titles at once. The same rumour said a TLOU remaster as well which would mean ND to be working on four titles at once which also sounds incredibly unlikely. He probably just got a bad source.

SSfox

Hopefully there are more exciting and interesting things in those 25 games than some Marvel shit.

Hunnybun

I don’t think they’re big enough to work on two titles at once. The same rumour said a TLOU remaster as well which would mean ND to be working on four titles at once which also sounds incredibly unlikely. He probably just got a bad source.

They could have just been working on it while the new title was in pre-production. It's a brand new IP, after all, so you'd expect Sony to find something for all those developers to do.

I don't like Schreier but I don't think it's very likely that all that was just wrong. He's not an idiot, he's got a reputation to defend.

IIRC what he suggested was that Bend was working on Uncharted under ND's 'supervision' (who knows how much input from them that implies?) and that ND were also working on TLOU remake in collaboration with the VASG people - again, at least partly while a new IP was being developed, as well as the multiplayer project.

That doesn't seem THAT far fetched. The issue would be more if they had to also take on full development of the Uncharted game once Bend left.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Statements like these never mean much, there line up for the next few years is what matters.
I think we might see bend studios new game at the TGAs this year. Its been 32months since days gone shipped so it lines up with what Keighley said about being 2.5yrs in development.

SSfox

The lack of Japanese games and RPGs is kinda scary, Sony is slowly giving up on what made Playstation strong exciting and powerful.

Thankfully they still have Podi and GT7 is coming soon and looking outstanding, and some exclusive deals with 3rd party here and there like FF16, still Sony heavily lacks when it comes to Japanese 1 st party studios.

bitbydeath

They could have just been working on it while the new title was in pre-production. It's a brand new IP, after all, so you'd expect Sony to find something for all those developers to do.

I don't like Schreier but I don't think it's very likely that all that was just wrong. He's not an idiot, he's got a reputation to defend.

IIRC what he suggested was that Bend was working on Uncharted under ND's 'supervision' (who knows how much input from them that implies?) and that ND were also working on TLOU remake in collaboration with the VASG people - again, at least partly while a new IP was being developed, as well as the multiplayer project.

That doesn't seem THAT far fetched. The issue would be more if they had to also take on full development of the Uncharted game once Bend left.
Well, I’d still take Bend’s word over Jason’s, he still gets things wrong.

kyliethicc

That Uncharted game at Bend was cancelled.

Top Bottom