• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theory on why Nintendo never released Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch

Ryu Kaiba

So what. Skyward Sword took effort.

Ryu Kaiba

Not a great comparison though. That’s one game, as opposed to a trilogy, and Zelda sells much higher.
Metroid Prime 3 is the reason why he thinks it would require effort. The other 2 would be more straight forward so it is mostly one game. People said similar things about mario maker and other Wii U titles, they can do it if they want to.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Metroid Prime 3 is the reason why he thinks it would require effort. The other 2 would be more straight forward so it is mostly one game. People said similar things about mario maker and other Wii U titles, they can do it if they want to.
I don't see how it's "mostly one game." It's definitely three games. If one takes the most effort, that's one thing, but it's still a trilogy vs a single game example.

And again, the sales difference.

I'd love to see it though.

Last edited:

Doczu

I don't see how it's "mostly one game." It's definitely three games. If one takes the most effort, that's one thing, but it's still a trilogy vs a single game example.

And again, the sales difference.

I'd love to see it though.
Come on man. Nintendo released a crappy cash grap that was the Mario collection for Switch, porting MP 1 and 2 would be just that: a cash grab procedure with upping the res and that's all.
Porting these two games to the Wii actuslly took some work as they had to update the control scheme.

Okamiden

So Grubb again talked about completed Prime Trilogy out of his ass? Why I am not surprised

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Come on man. Nintendo released a crappy cash grap that was the Mario collection for Switch, porting MP 1 and 2 would be just that: a cash grab procedure with upping the res and that's all.
Porting these two games to the Wii actuslly took some work as they had to update the control scheme.
I'm not sure what you want me to say. Surely porting the Metroid prime trilogy is a bigger effort with less reward then Skyward Sword.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Just because two of the games are easier to port, doesn't mean the job now consists of porting "mostly one game." That's disingenous.

It's one game that takes a "herculean amount of effort" plus two more standard remaster jobs.

Sure, they can do it if they want to. But it's harder than doing Zelda SS and will earn less money.

Last edited:

SumJester

If the strategy is to release near it prime 4... where's the Nintendo Online GBA with Zero Mission and Fusion to hype Dread?

Top Bottom