• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Elite Series 2 controller has a working RGB LED button

ReBurn

Gold Member
I really like the crazy colours that Microsoft knock out. I wish Sony would do the same with the dualsense, I'd love bright green, purple or yellow. Not sure about the prolapse analogue sticks though.
I bought a pulse red xbox controller and I'm surprised how much I just love the red color. I always reach for it before the black one. I want a shock blue controller now even though I really don't need it.

Sorcerer

I remember through Steam you could change the color of the light bar on the PS4 controller and have it stay that color permanently, not sure if that was possible on the PS4.

Last edited:
I fucking hate RGB, but any time I see poor gamers complaining about Elite price- Enjoy your cheap, crumbly-ass plastic controllers sold by other companies

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I fucking hate RGB, but any time I see poor gamers complaining about Elite price- Enjoy your cheap, crumbly-ass plastic controllers sold by other companies
#meToo

I hate it so much that even when I have PC case without any visible windows or shit, I still make sure I turn off Asus Aura in the bios, can't have the fucking lights there.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What makes the Elite 2 great, I have never owned one and I'm waiting for SCUF to release a PS5 Instinct Pro.

Hear a lot of mixed stuff about the Elite 2

The back paddles are amazing once you get used to them.

Love having the trigger stops for shooting games this is the single biggest addition to any controller for me since I play a lot of shooters.

the metal sticks having different heights that you can change out is kind of nice

Being able to adjust the tension on the sticks is okay though I don’t mess with this.

The biggest drawback to the Elite 2 is quality control.

I bought 2 when they launched and one went in right away for a few issues but the other is still flawless.

I have tried Scuf before and probably will eventually buy one for my PS5 as well as I love these pro style controllers

Derift

You are and you enjoy your magic duelsense up up your arse in an agressive way. Its ok though its the year 2021 to be Sonysexual is accepted in society, fuck it wel even dedicate a day of the year for ya.
Your a weirdo...

Most of this thread is people attacking a guy that basically wants ds feature in an xbox controller...

Topher

Gold Member
I think I’ll stick with a control that doesn’t break after 3 months thanks

I’m on my 4th dualsense since launch….2 of them developed stick drift and all 3 had issues with the r2/l2 spring breaking

great idea from Sony but a big fucking f for build quality

Right....I'm still waiting on you to explain how you bought a Samsung SSD months before it was released to the public. I asked you multiple times and you never answered.

Prove It The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's like the LED ring around the home button on the Joycon, that I've seen used for exactly one thing: the alarm thing in Ring Fit Adventure. Super strange that it's not used at all other than that, it's like they forgot they put that on there.

LOLCats

Banned
Sooo this controller still has issues. I finaly bought one for about $140 after coupon, 1st one had A/B buttons not registering when pressed lightly... returned and exchanged for a different lot number and so far so good.

its really unfortunate there are so many QA issues, this is a really nice controller

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sooo this controller still has issues. I finaly bought one for about $140 after coupon, 1st one had A/B buttons not registering when pressed lightly... returned and exchanged for a different lot number and so far so good.

its really unfortunate there are so many QA issues, this is a really nice controller
They are bad for buttons not registering and/or sticking.

Seems like if you can get a good one right off the bat you are golden.

I have put a lot of miles on one of my launch day Elite 2s and its still perfect.

I am still a bigger fan of the Razor Wolv Ult but its wired which a lot of people dont like

Really wish Sony would make one for the PS5

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I would hands down invest in an elite 2 if it didn't suffer from all of the issues the original Elite did. It sucks because iv had 2 elite ones which came with out the box stick drifting before giving up and just ordering a regular controller which had no issues.

Considering the premium price paid its annoying to know that the same problems still plague the elite 2.

Oh it's got RGB though...

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I just want to be able to dim the light on my basic bitch controller.
You can at least for insiders right now you can dim the controller and the console power light or even have them completely off

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
now THAT's kinda neat. i'd like to configure my xbox button to be green because... well, that's the color of Xbox.

Such a neat little feature, I like it.

The downside- tally- 5 Elite 1 and 2 controllers for just me. I'm gentle with em, never drop, no spills. We have around 8 or so last we checked in our friends group that have various levels of failure. All developed stick drift, shoulder button issues, and for the first gen- rubber peeled off as well.

I wouldn't keep going back if the benefits weren't so good, but the quality control is very very poor.

Can't speak for the elite, but dualsense haptic and adaptive triggers are dope.

Series x controller is a much better fit, texture feels better, and off centered joysticks are levels better than than centered right fucking next to each other

Depends on whether you like fit or features imo, really wish I could fuse the two together lol

Top Bottom