• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox + Bethesda 2021 E3 Showcase & Discussion Thread

How many games will they show at Xbox E3 2021?

• 20 games

Votes: 80 31.9%
  • 35 games

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • 50 games

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • 60 games (same as 2019)

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • 85 games

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • 100 games

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Over 100 games

Votes: 72 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

graywolf323

Gold Member
No more backwards compatible games. Ever.

What a disaster.

Total failure by Microsoft.
oh shoot I didn't even think of that :( I really hope you're wrong though and we get more BC titles, that's been one of the best things MS has done over the course of this past console gen IMO

Dr Kaneda

Stalker 2, Psychonauts 2 and Forza looked great. Disappointed they showed no Halo campaign gameplay and Starfield is too far away to get hyped over just yet. Ending with Red Fall was stupid imo since it looked terrible.

Overall it was a decent conference but not the BOMB drop I was expecting and people keep saying MS is going to eventually drop.

'Awful'? You guys aren't gamers lol

I'm fairly certain that there's a huge subset of people here who would've said that the show was horrible regardless of what they did. Owning all consoles and looking forward to trying out tons of games with GP FTW.

Back to Returnal for now.
Yeah, for sure. I mean, people can say whatever they want on their opinion of course. But it does seem hard to not admit it was an impressive showing.

This was my perception of Sony fans watching the conference every time it flashed "play it on gamepass day one" on the screen. I don't own an Xbox and I felt it every one of the 27x they flashed it on screen.

tenor.gif

420bits

Think bigger. Look at all these games announced today to be coming out on Gamepass from day 1

It's only a matter of time before every game from every publisher is released on GP from day one.
Nah, its only a matter of time before every somewhat sizeable studio starts their own fucking pass :D

Still I don't know the economy of GP so I don't know how it will work long-term, I like the idea as a consumer but I'm not so sure its great for games and studios, time will tell because Software as a service is here to stay..

Matsuchezz

Xbox is catering to the same user base always has, same uninspiring games and random indies. Only the one where a family is part of the game caught my eye, Halo had a small improvement in the graphics department. Stalker looked good but it also coming to PS5. The show was better because it did not suck but the games at the show were not the best of the best. I would like to try Forza Horizon since it is located in Mexico. This is the first time i heard Todd Howard speak, and his voice put me off.
A big bummer no Hellblade nor project mara show, that sucked! we did not see either that alien game based on Giger designs.

Markio128

Ms’s biggest enemy are its fans, especially on this site. We have had constant threads about new acquisitions, a Kojima Xbox exclusive and none of that happened. No Starfield gameplay, only a release date over a year away, that lets be honest, could get pushed back even more. There were a few positives - Forza and MS FS looked amazing, as we all knew they would. Having just ordered my Series X, I’m a bit gutted tbh.

I don't understand people saying REDFALL looked terrible. It seems most people these days immediately trash games if they don't use a hyper-realistic art direction. To me it looks like great co-op fun from a tried and tested studio.

Mr Hyde

Red fall is everything I hate with the modern trends in gaming. Awful character design, mp-focused team shooter and just generic as fuck.

Stalker 2, Psychonauts 2, Replaced, Diablo 2 and Eiyuden Chronicles looked great, very excited for those games, but outside of that I don't find Xbox first party output very compelling. Lots of shooter bang bang almost to a default and heavy emphasis on Game Pass which is not something I'm interested in. Too bad they didn't show more of Starfield, has an interesting setting and I'm curious as to how it will look and play.

Overall, solid showing with less talk and more focus on games, which is always a positive in my book. I'd rate it a 7/10.

Dibils2k

was meh, one year surely all these new studios output will come together for a epic showcase but we are not there

i am extremely happy horizon 5 is thus year and looks amazing as always. gotta watch 4k version of that video

Last edited:
everyone mentioning the games they DIDN"T show. Made me just realize something.

u take everything u saw today. Then add all the stuff announced last year.
Dare i say Xbox has much better stuff in the pipeline than playstation. If only by sheer quantity.
I can name maybe 4 upcoming playstation games. any tom dick and harry can probably name like 10 upcoming Xbox things rn

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I thought the show was pretty solid, and there are several games that I’m interested in. They also seemed to do Halo dirty a little bit, taking into account it’s last showing. But I’m sure more will come closer release, even though it’s leaving me skeptical at the moment.

Halo multiplayer looks great. I havnt played online on halo in ages but going to enjoy infinite.

Starfield looks interesting but I still havnt seen enough.

Can't wait to play flight simulator. A lot of the 2d/3d sides rollers look visually nice.

Amazed that most of the games showed coming to gamepass. Very happy with the service and fully worth the full price (though I got it at a decent price 😉).

Didn't like the last trailer. Why show a cg trailer?? They should have ended with horizon 5.

Last edited:

Ogbert

I really don't think people understand how much of a draw Gamepass will be to regular gamers.

I have a PS5. Just finished Ratchet and Clank. Loved it. But it cost me £70. And Returnal was £70 before that. That's a year plus (easy) of Gamepass.

I have money to spare and I'm already getting bored of Sony's pricing.

At some point in the next 12-24 months, Gamepass is going to become the most compelling vehicle for playing games.

Bartski

Gold Member
Honestly don't recall an MS @ E3 this good.

I don't care about Halo I think it looked like shit. Will probably play the campaign but I have better reasons to stay on game pass now.

Back4Blood day one game pass is great news. Finally gonna pay Hades. STALKER2 definitely a looker and can't wait to hear more on STARFIELD.

But best of all many of the smaller games looked incredible!

1. I'm super hyped for Plague Tale Requiem, the first was so good for an AA, imagine they got the money now to sort out those janky facial animations and expand on the concept mechanically and in storytelling. Great news.

2. That fucking pixel art game "Replaced" OMG man ...

3. SOMMERVILLE is made by the former CEO of PLAYDEAD (LIMBO, INSIDE) : https://jumpship.co.uk/ so good.

Great show for those three alone.

THANKS PHIL

Last edited:

Camreezie

The fucking hyperbole in this thread is shameful. Did the buffoons wake up early for this?
This did nothing for people who aren't already in the xbox ecosystem. If they have another console or PC all that gsmepass stuff they can play elsewhere or have already played. Only fresh things from Microsoft this year are Halo infinite with f2p multiplayer and a admittedly great looking Forza

I really don't think people understand how much of a draw Gamepass will be to regular gamers.

I have a PS5. Just finished Ratchet and Clank. Loved it. But it cost me £70. And Returnal was £70 before that. That's a year plus (easy) of Gamepass.

At some point in the next 12-24 months, Gamepass is going to become the most compelling vehicle for playing games.
They understand, but are not wanting to admit it.

i swear when i was on my PS5 last nite.....it was advertising the new BattleField for $70. or am i crazy. I tried to click and see if i could find a different "edition" that was cheaper. but didn't

ZehDon

I thought the show was pretty solid, and there are several games that I’m interested in. They also seemed to do Halo dirty a little bit, taking into account it’s last showing. But I’m sure more will come closer release, even though it’s leaving me skeptical at the moment.
Yeah, I predicted they'd bury it in the middle. Based on that, I'm betting Microsoft has zero faith left in 343i to deliver a legitimate headliner, so they played it safe - if its in the middle of a conference and its bad, people will move on before the end, and if its good people will remember it anyway.

Nubulax

Well,that showing hasn't changed my plans....PS5 first and an XSX a few years later when they have a good amount of games I want out.
Or PS5/PC.... honestly if they actually do release most if not all games on PC too..I dont know why anyone would honestly get an X over a PC tbh. Im going to be in the PS5/Switch/PC camp. Need to upgrade and build a new PC as im due for another build, have switch already, and will buy a PS5 when I can find one more available

Matsuchezz

Honestly don't recall an MS @ E3 this good.

I don't care about Halo I think it looked like shit. Will probably play the campaign but I have better reasons to stay on game pass now.

Back4Blood day one game pass is great news. Finally gonna pay Hades. STALKER2 definitely a looker and can't wait to hear more on STARFIELD.

But best of all many of the smaller games looked incredible!

1. I'm super hyped for Plague Tale Requiem, the first was so good for an AA, imagine they got the money now to sort out those janky facial animations and expand on the concept mechanically and in storytelling. Great news.

2. That fucking pixel art game "Replaced" OMG man ...

3. SOMMERVILLE is made by the former CEO of PLAYDEAD (LIMBO, INSIDE) : https://jumpship.co.uk/ so good.

Great show for those three alone.

THANKS PHIL

Sommerville looks super cool, I quickly picked up that game Playdead vibe. is that one exclusive to Xbox?
If there had been a hype train it would not had derailed but only it would had got stuck in the mud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom