• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox + Bethesda 2021 E3 Showcase & Discussion Thread

How many games will they show at Xbox E3 2021?

• 20 games

Votes: 80 31.9%
  • 35 games

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • 50 games

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • 60 games (same as 2019)

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • 85 games

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • 100 games

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Over 100 games

Votes: 72 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banjo64

cumsessed
What's anticipated/rumored? New Banjo :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

first time GIF

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Generally we'd get a bunch of people hinting at "surprises" at these big publisher events. Most of the talk for this one is has been about known games and news. So I'm hoping there is a few surprises to make it a great show.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Excited for today. Realistic expectations from first party studios.

Flight Sim & Psychonauts 2 Series S|X footage and release dates. Fingers crossed we get some Tim Schafer, he’s a charming and charismatic guy.

Halo Infinite mini blow out. Series S|X footage. They’ve fixed the lighting and pop-in and the game actually looks respectable. Online beta announced and release date confirmed.

Forza Motorsport 5 Mexican Boogaloo is real and it’s cross-gen. Coming this September. As with all Playground Forza games; it’s gorgeous. In game trailer and September release date.

Starfield mini blow out. In game trailer running on Series S|X. God Howard dazzles. 2022 release date.

Wolfenstein 3 confirmed. Been in development since 2019. Trailer shown, coming 2022.

Some third party partnership for a Rare IP akin to Killer Instinct or Battletoads. Fuck it I’ll be the mad man to say Playtonic’s Banjo-Threeie confirmed. In development since Impossible Lair came out in 2019. Trailer shown. 2022 release date confirmed.

I think they’ll focus on games releasing in the next 18 months.

If we get anything on Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Hellblade 2, TES 6, Everwild, Fable, Perfect Dark or Forza Motorsport it will literally just be those shitty trailers where a designer is slow mo drawing something whilst the vice assistant head of the studio talks in the background about the game.

We’ll get a few third party exclusives that are unexpected. I think Kojima is definitely doing an episodic game for MS.

I think they’ll announce 30+ games to Game Pass, 100+ games to FPS boost (including Halo 5, Ori and the Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive and Cup Head), and I do think they will announce some small studio acquisitions.

God speed everyone, may the father watch over us on this blessed day;

Todd-Howard-announced-as-Executive-Producer-for-upcoming-Indiana-Jones-game-Thumbnail-1024x574.jpg

Last edited:

I'm nobody

Jeff is winding everyone up the games he has listed not to be there are going to appear he wants to joke around and give everyone negative feedback to see everyone reactions later buzz buzz buzz
Expected the games he listed woo can't wait

Here are the games I expect to see tomorrow, since I think most will launch this year, or at minimum in the next 12 months:
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Psychonauts 2
The Ascent
Flight Simulator 2020
CrossfireX
Grounded
Chorvs

Games that I hope to see more of, shouldn't be too far off (release in next 12-18 months):
Starfield
Stalker 2
Scorn
The Gunk
Hellblade 2
Everwild

Games that are probably too far out to see more of tomorrow:
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Avowed
Project Mara
Perfect Dark
Indiana Jones
State of Decay 3

I also expect to see some surprise day one Gamepass games, and maybe some new studio acquisitions. Should be a good conference!

Bartski

Gold Member
sink or swim

looking forward to Starfield, an update from Ninja Theory and all surprise gamepass drops

Only Forza 8 and Starfield for 2022 according to Grubb.

Huge dissapointment but makes sense with how many timed exclusives they have

Would have liked Omen for next year to make up for the turd bloodlines

Last edited:
At this point we pretty much know everything that's going to be show, so it's all about the dates and how the gameplay looks, i expect gameplay for 3-4 big first party games ( Starfield, Halo and FH5 for sure, and maybe Omen?) Halo won't surprise anyone, but the other 3? we'll see. Also let's see if finally Forza is for 2021, and if we get a date for the new Arkane's project (First half of 2022 would be great)

Time to pray that at least the 2022 projects, or most of them aren't cross-gen. 🤞 🤞 🤞

Fredrik

Excited for today. Realistic expectations from first party studios.

Flight Sim & Psychonauts 2 Series S|X footage and release dates. Fingers crossed we get some Tim Schafer, he’s a charming and charismatic guy.

Halo Infinite mini blow out. Series S|X footage. They’ve fixed the lighting and pop-in and the game actually looks respectable. Online beta announced and release date confirmed.

Forza Motorsport 5 Mexican Boogaloo is real and it’s cross-gen. Coming this September. As with all Playground Forza games; it’s gorgeous. In game trailer and September release date.

Starfield mini blow out. In game trailer running on Series S|X. God Howard dazzles. 2022 release date.

Wolfenstein 3 confirmed. Been in development since 2019. Trailer shown, coming 2022.

Some third party partnership for a Rare IP akin to Killer Instinct or Battletoads. Fuck it I’ll be the mad man to say Playtonic’s Banjo-Threeie confirmed. In development since Impossible Lair came out in 2019. Trailer shown. 2022 release date confirmed.

I think they’ll focus on games releasing in the next 18 months.

If we get anything on Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Hellblade 2, TES 6, Everwild, Fable, Perfect Dark or Forza Motorsport it will literally just be those shitty trailers where a designer is slow mo drawing something whilst the vice assistant head of the studio talks in the background about the game.

We’ll get a few third party exclusives that are unexpected. I think Kojima is definitely doing an episodic game for MS.

I think they’ll annouce 30+ games to Game Pass, 100+ games to FPS boost (including Halo 5, Ori and the Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive and Cup Head), and I do think they will announce some small studio acquisitions.

God speed everyone, may the father watch over us on this blessed day;

Todd-Howard-announced-as-Executive-Producer-for-upcoming-Indiana-Jones-game-Thumbnail-1024x574.jpg
Forza in september sounds great! I was just thinking that they need something for 2021. The console launched in 2020 and I find it bizarre that they still haven’t released any games from their first party studios.
Hoping for a new Viva Pinata. Something experimental like a Gears top down twin stick shmup. And Forza Horizon 3 and AC Odyssey fps boost.

Last edited:
If Phil went on stage and takes a huge dump and pulls his trouser up without cleaning it and says halo and forza are releasing this year now fuck off
I think that would easily beat Ubisoft press confrence
This is how low my expectations are Phil this is like 4th year in a row I've been nothing but dissapointed by Ms at e3

If Phil went on stage and takes a huge dump and pulls his trouser up without cleaning it and says halo and forza are releasing this year now fuck off
I think that would easily beat Ubisoft press confrence
This is how low my expectations are Phil this is like 4th year in a row I've been nothing but dissapointed by Ms at e3
😂😂😂😂😂

Fitzchiv

I've said it before and I'll say it again, show me games I'll be playing before next e3 with one or 2 further out.

Those other games you announced but aren't close can be talked about at a later date.
I fail to see how anyone bar shareholders need to know about stuff slated 12+ months in the future for release. Bethesda's policy of announcing no more than 6 months from release suits me fine.

Simpkin92

I’ve honestly been let down for the past 9 Xbox shows. I have 0 expectations for the first time. If we just get a halo release date I’ll be content

Top Bottom