• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Worlds 2018 Quarterfinals (LoL) are done, the Western Hemisphere celebrates.

onlyoneno1

The quarterfinals are done and dusted, and to everyone's surprise there is not one Korean team in the semi-finals. The NA and EU regions have returned to the last rounds of the Worlds after 7 long years of Korean domination. The matches have all been blockbuster, and all the victories have been well deserved. The last match of the quarterfinals between Fnatic and EDG was especially exhilarating and Fnatic pulled off some amazing moments to take the victory 3-1.

Here are the highlights of the matches, if for some reason you missed them or you want to relive the amazing moments:

Highlights: Worlds 2018 Quarterfinals Day 1 Match 1 & Match 2

Highlights: Worlds 2018 Quarterfinals Day 2 Match 3 & Match 4

League of Legends has been losing players in the western regions because of the Korean/Asian domination. But now if a NA or EU team wins the Worlds 2018, then it might herald the revival of the game in said regions. Many streamers and players who left LoL for Fortnite etc have now shown interest in coming back to the League. But, there is still one Chinese team in the running and IG is no slouch. IG has played very well in the entire tournament and could very well take home the Summoner's Cup.

daTc5Zu.jpg

Speaking of the semi-finals, the hottest match of the entire event is coming up this Sunday Oct 28, its going to be Fnatic vs Cloud9 battling it out for a spot in the Grand Finals. I am can't wait for that match. My money is on Fnatic winning it all, what do you guys think?

LordKite

Neo Member
Cloud9 beating Afreeca was one of the most nerd chillingly amazing things I've watched live, 3-0 no less. Blew my mind, I believe in C9 going all the way. First Boston E League Majors in CSGO, next LCS. USA USA USA USA USA.

But seriously, C9 knocking Korea out is historic. I got into ESports watching Wings of Liberty, Koreans were untouchable and they have been ever since, be it League, Starcraft, Overwatch. Not this year, though!

onlyoneno1

Cloud9 beating Afreeca was one of the most nerd chillingly amazing things I've watched live, 3-0 no less. Blew my mind, I believe in C9 going all the way. First Boston E League Majors in CSGO, next LCS. USA USA USA USA USA.

But seriously, C9 knocking Korea out is historic. I got into ESports watching Wings of Liberty, Koreans were untouchable and they have been ever since, be it League, Starcraft, Overwatch. Not this year, though!

No Korean team in the Semi-Finals is the biggest shocker in esports. C9's match was absolutely brutal to watch, they made short work of Afreeca Freecs. But I think Fnatic is still the stronger side. Whoever wins the semi-final, I can assure you it's going to be the most watched match of the event.

mcz117chief

I'm all in on Cloud9! Even bought the Gold Supporter Pack :) Have always been a fan and have taught myself a lot by watching them play over the years.

onlyoneno1

This meta favors the opposite of what makes Korean teams so good.
It does feel like the LoL lords want to steer things in favor of the western teams, so that they could revive the fan base in the regions. Regardless, Fnatic has been playing amazingly in the tournament and they are going all the way.

Top Bottom