• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf is a new anime film by Netflix.

Mhmmm 2077

Cool! Gonna watch for sure.

Interesting way to keep hype before S2. CDPR should release W4 after S3 in 2022 and score big time.
Sadly, that doesn't seem doable at all. In 2020 comes out Cyberpunk 2077, in 2021 (probably) 2 expansions for CP77 will come out, in 2022 CP77 Multiplayer will come out, by that time a small (third) team will starting producing their next game. If anything, I think 2024 is the earliest we can see CDPR's next AAA game. But again, Netflix won't cancel this series too soon too, 6 seasons were rumoured I think.

Armorian

Banned
Cool! Gonna watch for sure.

Sadly, that doesn't seem doable at all. In 2020 comes out Cyberpunk 2077, in 2021 (probably) 2 expansions for CP77 will come out, in 2022 CP77 Multiplayer will come out, by that time a small (third) team will starting producing their next game. If anything, I think 2024 is the earliest we can see CDPR's next AAA game. But again, Netflix won't cancel this series too soon too, 6 seasons were rumoured I think.

I think they have small W4 team for months (years?) now, this franchise is proven moneymaker (even bigger with Netflix show around) while Cyberpunk success is still up in the air. But yeah, on second thought 2022 is not realistic at all, 2023 is the earliest possible release date IMO.

Cyberpunkd

Happy the Witcher universe is expanding, it's a really cool and unique take on the usual fantasy tropes and CDPR did the source material justice by highlighting racism and bigotry against non-humans right from the start with Witcher 1.
Before someone mentions 'sex cards' - the very first short story starts with a sex scene, the series was always for adults.

Hopefully Sapkowski can profit from the production, although I do not think he cares much at this point (his only son died last year - Sapkowski wrote the very first Witcher short story for him).

Last edited:
Top Bottom