• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher: Monster Slayer - Official Release Date Teaser (mobile game)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out The Witcher: Monster Slayer's release date trailer. The Witcher: Monster Slayer is a location-based augmented-reality RPG that allows you to become a professional monster hunter. It challenges you to venture outside and use your mobile device to track nearby Witcher-world monsters. Track these monsters and prepare for combat using weather conditions, time of day, and your Witcher knowledge to gain an advantage.

The Witcher: Monster Slayer will release on iOS and Android for free on July 21, 2021. Android users can pre-register right now on the Google Play Store.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

zkorejo

So you guys will shit on everything CDPR?

Why can't gamers be balanced.. it's always either "the best ever omgz" or "the absolute worst".

They had one bad release due to stupid management and they paid for it tenfolds. No need to make them public enemy#1 when there are much worse devs out there who don't put in half the work these guys do.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So you guys will shit on everything CDPR?

Why can't gamers be balanced.. it's always either "the best ever omgz" or "the absolute worst".

They had one bad release due to stupid management and they paid for it tenfolds. No need to make them public enemy#1 when there are much worse devs out there who don't put in half the work these guys do.
You sound like you're shilling for them. There is absolutely no excuse for releasing Cyberpunk 2077 the way they did. They knew full well what they were doing. There are honest mistakes and there is pure negligence and deception. Cyberpunk 2077 was the latter.

Yes, they deserve all the hate they get. That's what happens when you royally fuck up.

zkorejo

You sound like you're shilling for them. There is absolutely no excuse for releasing Cyberpunk 2077 the way they did. They knew full well what they were doing. There are honest mistakes and there is pure negligence and deception. Cyberpunk 2077 was the latter.

Yes, they deserve all the hate they get. That's what happens when you royally fuck up.
Haven't they gotten enough flack for that? Whats the end point? You want cdpr dead? Then what? Even less RPGs for us to play. We need more games not less. Competition is better for us gamers. Until Witcher 3 came along most of the RPG devs were resting on their laurels.

You don't have to love cdpr to admit that their contribution with Witcher games helped RPG genre to take the next leap that no other dev team/publisher would have.

I have no reason to shill for anyone. I'm not a fanboy of any one company, one system, one game. I call bs when it's BS and I support and praise good games even if it comes from the dev/publishers I don't usually see eye to eye with.

You can't tell shit from that teaser. I really like the Gwent game and put in some time, but this seems like a pure cash grab reusing old assets. Kind of reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid survival game

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Haven't they gotten enough flack for that? Whats the end point? You want cdpr dead? Then what? Even less RPGs for us to play. We need more games not less. Competition is better for us gamers. Until Witcher 3 came along most of the RPG devs were resting on their laurels.

You don't have to love cdpr to admit that their contribution with Witcher games helped RPG genre to take the next leap that no other dev team/publisher would have.

I have no reason to shill for anyone. I'm not a fanboy of any one company, one system, one game. I call bs when it's BS and I support and praise good games even if it comes from the dev/publishers I don't usually see eye to eye with.
Holy projection Batman, this isn't complicated! No. They haven't and will get flack and deserve every ounce of flack they get until the game is fixed and reaches what they had been hyping for years. That's the endpoint and there is no telling when the game will reach that state. It's really sad to see a great company like CDPR just shit every single ounce of goodwill down the drain with such a shit release. Again, they knew full well what they were doing. Can they repair their reputation? Yes, sure. But that is EARNED, not given.

For what it is worth, I do legit hope that happens, but they will need a couple of releases where they will need to knock it out of the park.

Vlodril

Didn't realize we turned into resetera. Perfection is demanded otherwise you are the enemy of the people. People make mistakes. As long as they work to correct them and Don't repeat them second chances should be given. Let's not start canceling companies or people instantly.

Didn't realize we turned into resetera. Perfection is demanded otherwise you are the enemy of the people. People make mistakes. As long as they work to correct them and Don't repeat them second chances should be given. Let's not start canceling companies or people instantly.

Exactly, corporations are people too!

Pallas

Gold Member
so it's a kind of Pokemon Go game except it's Witcher?
Looks like it, any confirmation who is actually developing this? I’d be kind of surprise if it’s CDRed. Niantic would be a good developer for this since this is pretty much their backyard.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Spare me this bullshit. There are honest mistakes and there are malicious fuck ups. CDPRs was the latter. They knew full well what they were doing. That's the difference.

And where did I say I demanded perfection?

Stitch

Gold Member
The Minecraft Pokemon Go clone didn't survive so I don't see how this one could be successful.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Your time has come!

The Witcher: Monster Slayer is now available for free on both Google Play and the AppStore.

Grab your phone, hunt bloodthirsty beasts, and discover immersive stories as you build your own Witcher legend.

Your Path awaits!

Last edited:
Top Bottom