• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3's Next-Gen Update Might Be Using Some Fan-Made Mods

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The Witcher 3 is getting a next-gen re-release later this year, and some of the “visual and technical improvements” it introduces might actually be thanks to the work of fans in the modding community

unknown.png

Earlier this week Halk Hogan, the creator of the The Witcher 3 HD Reworked project (which swaps out many of the game’s original textures with much sharper ones), announced that he had been in talks with CD Projekt Red over the upcoming next-gen release, writing:

"Hello my dear friends! It’s been a long time since the last video.
I know I announced a new HDRP preview in early March but I was silent the whole time. Sorry for that. But in return, I have some good news, and the reasons why I was quiet and why I don’t have too much to show.
I think the most important news is that I got an official message from CDPR about cooperation. While it’s not certain yet, it’s very likely that HDRP will be included in the official next generation update. I will inform you what’s next.
As always, I would like to thank you for all your support and kind words"

CDPR was contacted to check and were able to confirm that:
In addition to our own development efforts on the upcoming next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC, we are also in talks with creators of various mods for the 2015 release of the game.”

Like Halk’s statement says, though, nothing is set in stone yet, CDPR adding, “As of this time, however, we do not have any binding agreements with any such party.”

Last edited:
I was wondering about RE4 vr using the hd texture project. Would be nice for all that work to be compensated. Seems like a good trade for everyone.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I hope for console gamers sake that they let you use the weight limit and weapon degradation removal mods.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
That's great, HD rework project is basically a must when playing on PC.

From the author's wording he seems happy about the cooperation, it's a win win!

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Cool. Halk's work on Witcher 3 was/is stunning and has taken him years to do, glad to see that hard work and dedication rewarded. Last played with Halk's 3.0 mod and was amazed at the amount of stuff that was changed/added.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Witcher 3 on pc is a completely different experience thanks in part to the work modders have done, especially Halk. I beat it twice on ps4 pro and once on X1X and even then playing it for the first time on pc with mods was like enjoying it for the first time.

harmny

Banned
As long as the modders involved are compensated appropriately then I don't have a problem with this.

thank god. marcin iwinski was personally monitoring this thread to see if you were ok with this to give it the go ahead.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE

What's that? Should we just keep coasting on the success of Witcher 3???

Great news for anyone who still hasn't played this title. Loads of content and the positives outweigh the negatives for sure. Keep the rereleases coming I guess.

Top Bottom