• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 - Complete Edition (NSW) |OT| Switcher... The Portable Hunt

ultrazilla

Does anyone also play around with their tv picture settings as well when it comes to The Witcher 3 on Switch?

I've found tweaking my sharpness settings, etc really help the overall appearance of the game as well.

As always, YMMV.

Does anyone also play around with their tv picture settings as well when it comes to The Witcher 3 on Switch?

I've found tweaking my sharpness settings, etc really help the overall appearance of the game as well.

As always, YMMV.
I don't like playing around with TV settings to fix graphical problems in a single game. My TV settings are tuned to optimal values based on the calibrating I have already done. If I started tweaking them for each individual game I would go mad. It's up to the developer to make sure I don't need to start changing settings on my TV to play their game. It seems like this patch will alleviate some problems with playing this game in TV mode. Good on them.

I played for about an hour yesterday after installing the new patch. So far, for me the magic spot is motion blur turned on, blur off, AA off and sharpening at low. It seems like a best of both worlds so far - when the sharpening is on ultra it can be a little too jaggy, but still does look nice.

The most noticeable thing other than the post processing is that it seems like there's less random stutters. I assume that probably had something to do with how the assets are loaded in and out, but in the hour or so I didn't notice any random stutters

Oberstein

I don't know if you know the Xletalis channel, guys.
Regularly, he post details and anecdotes about TW3. OK, it's clickbait sometimes, but it reminds me how much I love this game and how packed in details the game is.

Top Bottom