• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The voice actor for Tommy has been cast for the TV series TLOU but with a twist

txxakazllfb71.jpg

I don't expect a tv/movie show to cast its actors from the games but this is fucking stupid. He would've been perfectly fine as Tommy.

I can't imagine someone actually cares to see TLOU TV series.
I’d be interested if its adapting the first game and druckmann was not involved but he is and they will likely use some of tlou2 and do a second season for part 2. I love the first game but part 2 ruined it. Not just the game but I refuse to touch anything associated with naughty dog now.

reksveks

Never played TLoU

How old is Tommy is TLoU and how old is Joel?

How old is Mr Pierce and how old is Pedro Pascal? 49 and 46 respectively.

Last edited:

DustQueen

Banned
I’d be interested if its adapting the first game and druckmann was not involved but he is and they will likely use some of tlou2 and do a second season for part 2. I love the first game but part 2 ruined it. Not just the game but I refuse to touch anything associated with naughty dog now.
Druckman ND era sucks. He got lucky with well rounded structure for the TLOU 1 script and that is it.
U4 n TLOU2 shown him to be a horrible writer.
And even though they really improved combat gameplay in the second TLOU(if you play it on hard and XRay turned off), it takes just bout 2.5 to 3 hours out a 30 hour game. How anyone liked it even a bit outside those 2.5 hours is beyond me.

Druckman ND era sucks. He got lucky with well rounded structure for the TLOU 1 script and that is it.
U4 n TLOU2 shown him to be a horrible writer.
And even though they really improved combat gameplay in the second TLOU(if you play it on hard and XRay turned off), it takes just bout 2.5 to 3 hours out a 30 hour game. How anyone liked it even a bit outside those 2.5 hours is beyond me.
What are rambling about. We get it you dont like Cuckman. S
Alot of people did like the story.

I didnt love it but it was unlike any other game Ive played to this day. Just get over it

Hugare

Not a fan of bringing voice actors from the game to the adaptation

Will be jarring as fuck to see and hear Marlene (since it will be the same actress) talking to Pascal's Joel

Even worse now with Tommy's voice on a different character

Last edited:

DustQueen

Banned
What are rambling about. We get it you dont like Cuckman. S
Alot of people did like the story.

I didnt love it but it was unlike any other game Ive played to this day. Just get over it
I laid out a problem I have with it being that the gameplay that is actually much improved is just a fraction of this 30 hour experience and your answer is "don't do it cos I like it" is rather strange.

Last edited:
As we saw before with Quantum Break and that MMO game before it, videogames pretty much never work as a TV show. I fully expect this to be terrible in comparison to the game.

Last edited:
is he not that amigo in that terminator movie
Oh yeah! He was the only standout actor to me in that movie. Way better than the female leads and elderly Arnold + Linda Hamilton.

I'm willing to give the the show a chance, even though I didn't really like Chernobyl past the first episode (overdramatizated to all hell) or anything Druckmann has done since U4.

DustQueen

Banned
I am. The Witcher turned out decently.
Really? Butchering lore and characters is now decent?
I would cut em some slack If early books were hard to adapt but they kinda already structured like a TV show but have much more depth n layers to it's characters n the world.
Plus they throw away almost all of the interesting stuff n spend two books of great tv show material like it was nothing.
They changed whole concept and deleted all the meaning behind how magic works in this universe and made Yen completely different(much worse) character for no reason at all.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Don’t be a cunt, chief. Pedro Pascal is playing Joel. They’re going to cast another Latino to play his brother, aren’t they?

Truth is, Pascal's a fine actor with exactly the sort of range you'd want to portray Joel. But he's younger (and younger looking) than Pierce, so getting a different actor to play his younger brother is a sensible choice based on more than ethnicity.

ksdixon

I feel almost the same, but I need that MP game.

MikeM

Really? Butchering lore and characters is now decent?
I would cut em some slack If early books were hard to adapt but they kinda already structured like a TV show but have much more depth n layers to it's characters n the world.
Plus they throw away almost all of the interesting stuff n spend two books of great tv show material like it was nothing.
They changed whole concept and deleted all the meaning behind how magic works in this universe and made Yen completely different(much worse) character for no reason at all.

I guess it's good for people like me who never played the Witcher (waiting for the PS5 upgrade). I enjoyed the show adaptation.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Kinda seems like an insult and it might be a bit disturbing if he keeps the same accent and tone of his voice as in the video games.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
This and there’s the halo series? Who wants to see these things
Lots of people. I'm going at least watch the first episode of a LOU series where some of the people involved have the amazing Chernobyl on their list of credits. I'm less clear about what's going on with Halo other than I was disappointed when Blomkamp's project for it got cancelled. I'm not up to date on new developments.

Lots of people. I'm going at least watch the first episode of a LOU series where some of the people involved have the amazing Chernobyl on their list of credits. I'm less clear about what's going on with Halo other than I was disappointed when Blomkamp's project for it got cancelled. I'm not up to date on new developments.
But why? The Last of us is already such a narrative driven game series. Like also why make an uncharted movie, when the game is already a rip off of Indiana Jones? I just don’t get why people want to see it

The Alien

Banned
Tommy not playing Tommy, but playing Perry.
Oh ND, you so subversive!!! 🥴
What shenanigans will u think of next to delight & surprise us?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
But why? The Last of us is already such a narrative driven game series. Like also why make an uncharted movie, when the game is already a rip off of Indiana Jones? I just don’t get why people want to see it
Because people want to see an on screen adaptation of the source material. There's also a ton of people who may enjoy the on screen product and have absolutely no intention of ever playing the games. What you're asking is the same as why would I want to watch any novel or comic adaptation. I have never (nor intend to) read a Deadpool comic, but I want to see the next movie in the series.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
To me entire point of Uncharted and TLOU series is that its Hollywood style to cinematic in gaming form, there is no point turning them in to Movies or TV show.

Venuspower

He would've been perfectly fine as Tommy.

Of course he would have been perfect as Tommy if they went with another actor as Joel. At least in theory. However, it would not make sense considering their decision to cast Pedro Pascal as Joel. Sure, they could have find an explanation why they look so different. For example: They are not real brothers, they have different mothers/fathers etc.. But that would all be a bit "too much" I guess.

Also keep in mind that there are a lot of other factors that may have influenced their decision. There has to be a certain "atmosphere" between actors. Maybe it did not work out between these actors.

But I also have something to complain about: Who the hell made the decision not to cast W. Earl Brown as Bill?
Come on. Bill is more like a comic relief character that won't appear in more than one episode. They could have cast the real Bill without any problems.

billzajk7.png

Top Bottom