• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The updated Steam Mobile App is now available

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy shit. I thought they forgot about it.

I've still got an invite to the original beta if anyone needs one.
qThdgvN.png

Crayon

All I've ever wanted out of this thing is voice chat! I have to assume it's not even planned at this point. It would be very convenient for me.

Pejo

Gold Member
Probably worth adding this to the OP. I like the push prompt to allow/deny sign in and ability to manage devices.

Features of the app
  • Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account
  • QR code sign in - Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or…
  • Sign in confirmation - Confirm your regular Steam sign ins with simple “approve” or “deny”
  • Authorized Devices - Manage access to the devices your account has signed in
  • Easy access to the Store, Community, News, etc from wherever you are
  • Your Library with access to your game content, discussions, guides, support, and more
  • Remote download of games and updates on your PC, managed from your phone
  • Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more
  • Trade and Market confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your approval
  • An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens
  • Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app
  • Customizable tabs

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
After trying it, I can't say it's an improvement. Just different.

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic
Yeah, it crashes every time I try to hide notifications. I also hate that the button layouts are clearly for the android version. I tend to prefer iOS style navigation.

Overall, meh.

ShadowNate

How do you clear unread notifications? I mean in a batch way, not one by one.

At least with this new app my library loads up a lot faster, almost instantly; the old one could take up to a few minutes to do that.

Top Bottom