• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The strangest video game timeline?

Hey GAF. I believe we are in the strangest video game timeline.

For starters. Japan is in apparent decline, with PlatinumGames being up for grabs and Tango/Mikami...putting out a mobile game with no visible traces of his iconic pedigree in it.

Also...Fortnite, of all things, being the new champion of motion aiming actually got me back to playing it lol. It ended up being funner for me that way with the motion aiming. Otherwise, still learning the ways of Fortnite as of this writing.

edit:

EnragedYoungArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
For starters. Japan is in apparent decline, with PlatinumGames being up for grabs and Tango/Mikami...putting out a mobile game with no visible traces of his iconic pedigree in it.
Japan is in decline because of Platinum Games? What?

Nintendo is killing it. Sony is killing it. SquareEnix and Capcom are doing as good as ever. Then we have From putting out instant classics every couple years.

PlatinumGames is doing what they've always done - make games for whoever will fund them. Half are brilliant, half are trainwrecks. But, they've never been one of the major players out of Japan.

Last edited:

Mabdia

Don't worry, in a short time you will pay for a game for not have it. Oh, wait... it's already happening.

I could be happy to say that we are on the verge of Crash 2.0. But there are a bunch of idiots who buy shit nowadays. So...

Sgt.Asher

Since when is Platinum games the litmus test for the Japanese industry? The closest they ever got to mainstream is Nier Automata, everything else they did was extremely niche.

Tango/Mikami who? Meanwhile Elden Ring is hyped to the moon, Capcom is doing well, and Nintendo is killing it.

As for fortnight? Yea it's the new hotness, same as halo and COD were. Something will replace it in time.

Tschumi

Hitman, lol, I love the guy and i seem to remember playing his origin story in one of the earlier games a decade ago but i just don't know what's happening with him.. it's like James Bond..

melekind

Neophyte
Don't worry, in a short time you will pay for a game for not have it. Oh, wait... it's already happening.

I could be happy to say that we are on the verge of Crash 2.0. But there are a bunch of idiots who buy shit nowadays. So...
Grand Theft Auto:The Trilogy The Definitive Edition
loool

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Skyfox

God-tier titles available during a pandemic: FF7Remake, RE2+3Remake

Game industry at absolute nuclear-fire levels while e3 and gamescom both out of action.

Ps5, series X, DLSS, PSVR2, metroid dread, sonic movie with 90s Jim Fucking Carey, 100 million switches sold

Xbox buys COD and Bethesda for like 80bill and...

Gabe announces P.C.2 and it's portable...

Undoubtedly the ultimate gaming timeline. No regrets

I'd agree we live in strange times, at least to an old guy like me.
  • Sony now owns the dev who made Microsoft's mascot
  • Microsoft now owns what used to be Sony's mascot
  • Playstation is now a western based and focused brand
  • Nintendo is now the most lax platform with censorship
If you told any of that to me 10 years ago if have called you crazy.

zeorhymer

This thread is like monkeys throwing shit at a wall waiting to see which one sticks. The title has no relation to the opening post. What's in the opening post is also a bunch of monkeys typing on a typewriter hoping that one of them makes a novel.

Kuranghi

Like I just said in the other thread:

Please stop talking about whatever this rubbish is and post (more) pics of Anna de Armas. Thanks.

Kuranghi

Dear Mods,

Please change the title of this thread to "Ana de Alpha-Ass appreciation thread" and delete all posts except the ones posting/videos of AdA. Thanks guys.

Best Regards,
Kuranghi

Last edited:

Fbh

Is this from Mario tv series?

At the time none of those was Microsoft's, now 3, or 4 if you make Banjo and Kazooie as two, are owned by MS, and Sonic could also join them next wednesday.

I don't really know, just saw it somewhere and found it funny how I'd have called you crazy in the 90's if you told me 3 out of those 5 would be owned by microsoft in the future.

Top Bottom