• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sony PlayStation PS4 security has been defeated (again)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Thanks to security researchers, PS4 consoles on firmware versions up to 7.55 are now able to run unsigned code using publicly available exploits. We discuss in this episode

Shakka43

The ps4 is on firmware 8.something by now though so no much of a security defeat. I shelved my PS4 pro but if a 8.03 exploit comes out I'll certainly bring it out to softmod it.

ethomaz

Banned
Seems like PS4 will be know as being the least hacked system.
BTW consoles are on firmware 8 already that makes the hack useless.

Last edited:

Fbh

Is there anything cool you can do with a hacked PS4?
Aside from Piracy?

I guess that 60fps Bloodborne patch is neat.

ethomaz

Banned
Is there anything cool you can do with a hacked PS4?
Aside from Piracy?

I guess that 60fps Bloodborne patch is neat.
It is hard to have good things in homebrew when most of the consoles can't be hacked so the community is pretty small compared with console that were heavy hacked (PS2 and PS3).

The precious hacks already become useless because you can't find consoles with very old firmware.
Now this one is new and you can buy consoles with 7.55 but you can't put it on internet before hack it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The ps4 is on firmware 8.something by now though so no much of a security defeat. I shelved my PS4 pro but if a 8.03 exploit comes out I'll certainly bring it out to softmod it.

You can put any version of the firmware on your PS4 that you want. Just find the full installation file for the version you need (they are around on the net) and wipe your hdd and start with that.

Shakka43

You can put any version of the firmware on your PS4 that you want. Just find the full installation file for the version you need (they are around on the net) and wipe your hdd and start with that.
Firmwares can't be downgraded. If you are at 8.03 you are stuck there until a hack for that firmware is released.

Last edited:
I had a PS4 Pro that had a soft jailbreak deployed. It was only for one purpose, to play the leaked FF7R demo that came out like 3 months before release lol.

ethomaz

Banned
You can't.
Firmware downgrade is not possible on PS4 (well there is a trick but you can't ever had updated your PS4... so you can downgrade limited PS4 models).

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm so pissed that I had replace my Switch recently and now its a nu-Switch and I can't jailbreak it to do homebrew/emulation. I didnt bother to check out Switch hacking until I got the new one. Baws!

Top Bottom