• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Sony' Logo on the DualSense is Still (Slighty) Off Center on the Midnight Black Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatron

awwww cmon sony... it's still off-center and now it's not even the right logo.. wtf
Dd6m27K.jpg

I have multiple white DualSense controllers, but I had to grab the Midnight Black one. I was kind of hoping Sony had replaced the crossed-eyes person labeling these things, but it looks like the Sony logo is still slightly off center:
TyvcYSQ.jpg

I've seen worse:

Still kind of annoying that they can't center the fucking logo on their $70 controller.
Gotta be honest with you. You should definitely be more concerned about the thumbsticks staying centered and not drifting. 😉

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase the Midnight Black DualSense, nor will they purchase any of Sony’s hardware. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and give us DualSense controllers with a centered logo or you can kiss your business goodbye

Yea, that's off. Luckily mine is pretty damn center. I'm guessing it shifts during the printing process... unfortunately it can't be helped, it's going to be off sometimes. What concerns me more is Sony logo on the back with the ® mark. I don't understand why is the same size as the other type... it's supposed to be a superscript. Just click the "superscript" button, it's right there in InDesign.

Zeroing

Banned
Yeah, my advise is keep the controller, in a few years those who are off centre will be a collector's item, like with that iPhone with the Apple logo not aligned.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I have multiple white DualSense controllers, but I had to grab the Midnight Black one. I was kind of hoping Sony had replaced the crossed-eyes person labeling these things, but it looks like the Sony logo is still slightly off center:
TyvcYSQ.jpg

I've seen worse:

Still kind of annoying that they can't center the fucking logo on their $70 controller.

There's only one thing to do.....sell your PS5 ASAP to show them your extreme displeasure

Great Hair

Banned
Imagine being pissed, because a logo is off-centered by 0.2mm. Who cares? The damn thing still works and does not break (your bank account twice).

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm going to be honest with you guys...I had no idea there was a Sony logo on the top of the controller. I only care that its fully charged when I sit down to play something with it.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm sure Colteastwood and many of his friends are excused because they own PlayStation consoles.

The fact of the matter is, people know you hold a bias towards Xbox.

It's quite telling that they still feel the need to purchase a PS5 after collecting cheques from Microsoft to do their bidding for them on social media.

You'd think if it was as bad as they said they wouldn't bother to get one and play games on it.

"hey guys, Xbox is the best, Phil Spencer is a Chad, gamepass will solve all your life's problems, PS5 is weak and the Series S is a better buy"

*runs off to play on their PS5's*

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
No, but the "astroturfer" accusation gets tossed around here all the time; without proof.

I think the only time we had a legitimate astroturfer here was that CDPR guy who got banned.

The only way the CDPR astroturfer got banned was when he outed himself and requested a ban at the same time because his contract had ended.

It's nothing new and it's been going on here for as long as I've been a member. You should know that considering you've also been here equally as long.

ManaByte

The only way the CDPR astroturfer got banned was when he outed himself and requested a ban at the same time because his contract had ended.

It's nothing new and it's been going on here for as long as I've been a member. You should know that considering you've also been here equally as long.

Yes and I remember a ton of people being banned as "astroturfers" by a rouge mod (who isn't here anymore thankfully) just because they admitted to buying an Xbox during the last launch cycle.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

I really hope you were high and just stared at that DualSense because of that.
If not, you have too much free time.

GHG

Gold Member
Yes and I remember a ton of people being banned as "astroturfers" by a rouge mod (who isn't here anymore thankfully) just because they admitted to buying an Xbox during the last launch cycle.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

While some innocent people may have been caught up in the crossfire I have no doubt there were certain individuals who were correctly banned as a result.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Now it makes sense why the joysticks suffer from drifting issues...

/s
You got drift? I found some stuff on Reddit that fixed my Dualsense drift.

1) Push the drifting stick IN and rotate it along the edges in both directions several times. So several full circles while pushed in, in both directions.

If that doesn’t solve it:

2) Use compressed air and blow it directly around the inside edges of the drifting stick at different angles, rotating the stick and making sure air gets everywhere.

#1 helped but #2 cured my drift permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom