• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sonic movie is getting a sequel

Paramount and Sega confirmed the news to Varietythis afternoon, and while it’s too early for casting announcements (though you’d expect at least Jim Carrey, James Marsden and Sonic’s voice Ben Schwartz to be back), the same core team behind the first film—director Jeff Fowler and writers Pat Casey and Josh Miller—are returning.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

source.gif

Codes 208

The after credits endings with Tails appearing and Eggman vowing revenge were pure sequel-bait (and a nod to the fanbase)

But good news nonetheless. I wonder if Jim Carrey will continue the role of Eggman (Since he has a tendency to not wanting to replay roles)

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m okay with this.

First movie seems to have garnered quite a bit of positivity, and seems like something worth checking out.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like they should hold Knuckles back for a part 3. Then, once that is done, they can start adding the horrible characters no one actually likes.

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah, take advantage of the momentum. The film was a fair hit, so it should be used as a more friendly approach other than some trashy Sonic games. I'm all for it.

carlosrox

Banned
I really enjoyed it and I'm glad it's getting a sequel.

It was legitimately charming, cute, and fun.

Put me down for some Tails action.

goldenpp72

I'm curious how it goes. The way they spoke it seemed like they wanted to go more fantasy with it but lacked the budget, and while it made money it didn't make so much that a bigger budget sequel makes a ton of sense. I hope they can go more abstract while still making it appealing.

Arachnid

Give me Knuckles and Shadow!

Especially Shadow. Dude was my fucking hero when I was a kid. I even named my first pet after him like a basic idiot.

I really didn't like the first one. Humor didn't stock for me and I found the writing awful, glad it saw some success but definitely not for me.

nkarafo

I see where this is going. Lots of sequels and lots of Sonic Friends in the future. Just like what we loved about the games, right?

ZywyPL

Banned
Nice, I really liked to first one, looking forward for the sequel. Would love to see R&C or WoW sequels as well.

I enjoyed it. It was terrible in many ways, but that's just cinema for you. I'm happy that it's getting a sequel.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
The amount of dads that brought their kids to the theater was wholesome to see. Just the opening credits were a joy to see if you like Sega.

There were plenty of single 30/40 somethings desperately looking to borrow their nephews, nieces, cousins etc to bring along :messenger_grinning:

The ending kind of hinted at this really.

I hope that they make it more like the games to be honest as I felt that the movie didn't explore the games as much as I hoped despite being enjoyable.

Kadve

Hopefully this will be an adaption of sonic 3/knuckles then. They have every piece in place after all. (even if they will probably want to add humans to it and i'm not sure how that would work)

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Hopefully this will be an adaption of sonic 3/knuckles then. They have every piece in place after all. (even if they will probably want to add humans to it and i'm not sure how that would work)
Maybe for one thing or another, and to keep the friendship thing on, but I can easily see Knuckles getting betrayed by Robotnik, Sonic searching for emeralds, a mini-boss with Tails holding Sonic, and, for the money shot, Super Sonic

I'M TROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN RIGHT NOW (with mask)

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I know it won't happen, but I would love them to leave the real world out of this one.

Top Bottom