• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XXXIII

ManaByte

Gold Member
“The Simpsons has sucked since season 5”

With that out of the way, the show’s current show runner does have occasional good episodes like this year‘s Treehouse.

In addition to doing an anime-style Death Note spoof, the episode ended with a Westworld spoof that included references to episodes all the way back to Season 1.

SpiceRacz

Exactly. What’s this “shit since Season 5” noise? 6-8 have a ton of excellent episodes, and even 9 and 10 had some good ones. 11 was where the downfall occurred.

Seasons 4 - 7 are some of the best television ever made. As a whole, 3 - 10 are when it when was really good. Everything after has ranged from mediocre to straight up bad.

mortal

Gold Member
I don't watch the Simpsons anymore, but that's actually pretty neat.

After so many seasons and gags, I'm surprised it's taken this long to have a guest animation done by an actual anime studio, Even Rick & Morty managed to do it before them.

They have done a Studio Ghibli tribute before though

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

I was shocked when earlier this season The Simpsons actually had a damn good episode. The third episode, titled “Lisa the Boy Scout” was actually a (fake) clip show of terrible ideas of plot lines they never used.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I was shocked when earlier this season The Simpsons actually had a damn good episode. The third episode, titled “Lisa the Boy Scout” was actually a (fake) clip show of terrible ideas of plot lines they never used.
They’ve been having decent funny episodes for at least the last two seasons. The new show runner who stared on 32 is pretty good.

Top Bottom