• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The rebooted Home Alone and it's as bad as it sounds

Tschumi

I like the idea that it's in the existing universe but what a pointless universe to exist within lol.. and why do we get buzz coming back? Should be that skinny guy who pissed his pants all the time

At some point that kid looked in a mirror in his makeup trailer and said:

"I'm the cutest kid in the world... I'm the.. cutest kid.. in the world!?!?" *Eyebrow bounce*

Last edited:

Tschumi

Looks horrible lol.

They should have put that budget into another film idea:

Kevin (macaulay culkin) is now a 40 year old man with a son, and he accidently makes the same mistake his parents made - leaves his son at home while going on vacation. The son is also kind of mischievous and ends up facing off with burglars. Meanwhile, grown up Kevin is faced with his own funny problems has to go on his own little adventure to get back to his son, like his wallet/id/credit cards get stolen so he has to hitchhike and stuff. The film could take place in the span of like 3 days. But yeah, eventually he makes it back home and son destroys those burglars with traps.

In no fan or nostalgia yearner when it comes to the films, but it's amazing how they can pull him back from drug addiction and crap tastes in pop culture and make him look like an older Kevin lol , x years later he's still got something

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Kevin should be mentioned or have some cameo where the kids goes I’m home alone and Kevin just acts like
Been there done that.

Outlier

I watched the trailer without sound and I'm guessing it looks better than it sounds.

It looks pretty ok ,to me. :)

GymWolf

The kid in the thumbnail look like tha small male version of the whale with 4 boyfriends

NSFW

28480_1.jpg

Last edited:
i don't think this is meant to be aimed at the 30-40 year olds who watched the original... i think if i were a kid i'd enjoy it. is the acting bad and cheesey with a silly plot? yeah but that's what the original was too. it's a fun christmas movie for kids so let them watch it while you sit and grumble "urgh the original was so much better!" and maybe if it pisses you off so much why don't you just let them watch the original? :messenger_expressionless:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
i don't think this is meant to be aimed at the 30-40 year olds who watched the original... i think if i were a kid i'd enjoy it. is the acting bad and cheesey with a silly plot? yeah but that's what the original was too. it's a fun christmas movie for kids so let them watch it while you sit and grumble "urgh the original was so much better!" and maybe if it pisses you off so much why don't you just let them watch the original? :messenger_expressionless:
logical star trek GIF

Saying this as someone who watched the original movie in the Cinema.

guess what. A lot of kids movies have crap acting and plots. But I’m guessing you all saw a lot of movies as a kid with parent(s) or guardian(s). While you were marking out at the best thing you ever seen in your whole life and your tiny mind was being exploded. You can be they were watching it and resisting the urge to shout out “what the fuck is this shit?!!”
But they didn’t because they saw how excited this movie made you and didn’t want to crush your spirit. Because they know the world would do that for you.
But until that time they just wanted you to have fun….
See Ya Goodbye GIF by PUMA

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Seeing Buzz is the only value the movie has, so I’ll just wait for the compilation of his scenes and be done with it.

I said wait, but what I mean by that is completely forget about this and stumble upon it on YouTube in 3 years.

Watch the original 2, they’re all that matter. If your kids want to see this? You’re a parent, you know better. Grow some balls and say no, then later treat them to the DVDs. It’s for their own good.

nkarafo

The best thing about the original (and it's sequel) were the burglars anyway.

All the others, including this newer one, have unfunny characters/actors with zero chemistry.

Sabotage

This movie may not be for us who watched the originals as kids, but the problem is - I'm the parent now, I remember the original, and I control the remote.

So in my house - no Macaulay (and no Pesci/Stern), no Home Alone.

Banned
this movie plot makes ZERO sense in a modern family.
in the early 90s it was somewhat believable that it was hard to reach Kevin through phone or by asking neighbors to look for him. most of the neighbors were on vacation as well and he hid from the cops.

BUT we live in a world now where every kid has a cellphone with internet access, every family has at least some internet connected device on hand in their home... even their freaking TV or Fridge could be online.

not to mention that they could tweet this out asking people in the area to look for their son... so many possibilities there. so this makes not a lot of sense to even happen in this way in this day and age. becaue, like I said, even in the year 1990 it was a bit of a strech that noone could get in contact and look after him.

nkarafo

I don't get this reboot. I don't see why the new generation of kids would prefer that over the original.

A narrated movie trailer. That's been a while.
In this modern era of communication, what's the reason for not just contacting the boy and the police? In the first movie, a storm took out their landline.
And nothing will ever top Marv and Harry. They were just perfect.

Ballthyrm

In France we had "3615 code Père Noël" a full year before Home Alone came out.
It's a bonkers movie where a kid defend himself against a crazy Santa.

It was such a direct ripoff that they threatened to sue Home Alone at the time.
shooting star psa GIF

It's much more violent than Home Alone and I would recommend the lot of you to watch it instead of this new remake

Top Bottom