• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Random Image Thread

TronNerd82

rCzrXBD.jpg
GsStI2S.jpg
4FtFVxk.jpg
Vnz8Q2e.jpg
YfeOnoR.jpg
dstkrUT.jpg
bWA7Ceu.jpg
oJSzLBk.jpg
sTC1I85.jpg
3CIjaaP.jpg
RhHfEK1.jpg

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Some of my favorite stuff was outside of a daytrip from Reykjavik, but there’s so much to see and do, you won’t be bored. if you need ideas, hit me up.

I should actually consider another trip out there sometime.
Cheers Maiden, there was a huge waterfall the missus was on about, i'll find out what it was and hit you up to see if you've been there :messenger_sunglasses:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Cheers Maiden, there was a huge waterfall the missus was on about, i'll find out what it was and hit you up to see if you've been there :messenger_sunglasses:
Yeah, do the golden circle. It's got a fuck ton of highlights with waterfalls aplenty. I swear there are waterfalls every few feet in Iceland.

I don't think it's on the normal itinerary, but check out Kerid crater lake if you do the circle. Nice little hike and gorgeous views.
There's also a farm to table restaurant on the road. The food was amazing. One of the few places where we saw cows. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

For the Reykjavik area:​

If you want a decent hike and a once in a lifetime experience of being in a dormant volcano. It's expensive but it was really fun.
Here's a pic from the base camp showing how deep the volcano is:
fSvEZfL.jpg

We got caught in a storm on the hike back. It was kind of cool to be hiking in those conditions tbh. My shoes got soaked, but thankfully our AirBNB had a radiator I could use to dry my shoes.

The Phallus Museum is a decent stop in Reykjavik as well, though IDK if it's worth the entry cost. Cool if you've got the time:

Though there is incredible food everywhere, even in the small villages. the lamb everywhere tastes like the best beef steaks and the fish is always so fresh and tasty. This restaurant was our favorite in Reykjavik. We don't usually go to the same place during a vacation but we were so impressed we went back on another night:

The taste of Iceland multi-course meal was specifically what impressed us so much on the first night. I recommend it. They change the menu items so it's different depending on when you go.

Snafellsnes Peninsula was really cool too, but you might not have enough time depending on your itinerary:

We stopped in a small town on the way there to buy Icelandic wool sweaters. They're hella expensive but so, so very nice. I wear mine whenever I need to do outside stuff in the winter like snowblowing.

I took a total of 2,800 photos over the 9 days we were there. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Yeah, do the golden circle. It's got a fuck ton of highlights with waterfalls aplenty. I swear there are waterfalls every few feet in Iceland.

I don't think it's on the normal itinerary, but check out Kerid crater lake if you do the circle. Nice little hike and gorgeous views.
There's also a farm to table restaurant on the road. The food was amazing. One of the few places where we saw cows. Here's the link if you want to check it out:
[/URL]

For the Reykjavik area:​

If you want a decent hike and a once in a lifetime experience of being in a dormant volcano. It's expensive but it was really fun.
[/URL]
Here's a pic from the base camp showing how deep the volcano is:
fSvEZfL.jpg

We got caught in a storm on the hike back. It was kind of cool to be hiking in those conditions tbh. My shoes got soaked, but thankfully our AirBNB had a radiator I could use to dry my shoes.

The Phallus Museum is a decent stop in Reykjavik as well, though IDK if it's worth the entry cost. Cool if you've got the time:
[/URL]

Though there is incredible food everywhere, even in the small villages. the lamb everywhere tastes like the best beef steaks and the fish is always so fresh and tasty. This restaurant was our favorite in Reykjavik. We don't usually go to the same place during a vacation but we were so impressed we went back on another night:
[/URL]

The taste of Iceland multi-course meal was specifically what impressed us so much on the first night. I recommend it. They change the menu items so it's different depending on when you go.

Snafellsnes Peninsula was really cool too, but you might not have enough time depending on your itinerary:
[/URL]

We stopped in a small town on the way there to buy Icelandic wool sweaters. They're hella expensive but so, so very nice. I wear mine whenever I need to do outside stuff in the winter like snowblowing.

I took a total of 2,800 photos over the 9 days we were there. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Man thats some good stuff and she was on about getting the golden circle tour so I think thats a must then! I'll be checking out that restaurant for sure too (She'll hate it, shes one of them annoying vegetarians, the lad and me will have to fill in..) :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It was a toss up between Norway or Iceland, I think I made the right call..

I'm glad i'm not alone taking pictures either, it's such a pain in the arse sorting them though :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Man thats some good stuff and she was on about getting the golden circle tour so I think thats a must then! I'll be checking out that restaurant for sure too (She'll hate it, shes one of them annoying vegetarians, the lad and me will have to fill in..) :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It was a toss up between Norway or Iceland, I think I made the right call..

I'm glad i'm not alone taking pictures either, it's such a pain in the arse sorting them though :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Should be plenty of vegetarian options for her. They tend to eat fairly healthy from what I saw.

I'm curious what Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT 's highlights were.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Should be plenty of vegetarian options for her. They tend to eat fairly healthy from what I saw.

I'm curious what Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT 's highlights were.
My girlfriend is also a vegetarian and we were surprised by the amount of vegetarian options there in general. I wouldn't favor anything in particular since the food there is pretty tasty overall even if highly expensive.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
My girlfriend is also a vegetarian and we were surprised by the amount of vegetarian options there in general. I wouldn't favor anything in particular since the food there is pretty tasty overall even if highly expensive.
Thank god for that, i'll let her know then, cheers Con, it's always a concern for her if we go away :messenger_beermugs:

mortal

Gold Member
Column-of-Marcus-Aurelius-detail3.jpg

Column-of-Marcus-Aurelius-detail-Rome-Italy.jpg

Trajans-Column-Detail-Open-Large-scaled.jpg

a2-Ca-Ch-Vt-Wh-FGNy-Mj-XMP-lv7lb6-Yu-HAFVnc-Sw-Exf-Hk-W0-jpg.webp

La-Colonna-di-Marco-Aurelio-5966172297.jpg

Column of Marcus Aurelius, 180 A.D

The column was set by the emperor Commodus after the death of his father Marcus Aurelius in 180 AD.
Like the Column of Trajan, it consists of a column of marble drums with a series of reliefs running around it depicting the campaigns of Marcus Aurelius against Marcomanni and Sarmatians (172-175 AD).

Top Bottom