• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 is making me hate PC Gaming (techradar article)

Who cares what you play on? You are unimportant beyond belief. Nobody - and I mean nobody - gives a fuck about you, or what platform you choose to play games on.

This thread devolved into the advantages of PC's versus consoles. Again. And it was the same arguments - again. Console people, like yourself, babbling endlessly about how important it is to make sure that your gaming experience is as cheap as it possibly can be, and reiterating your message that it is very important to spend the least amount possible on your hardware. And, PC players reacting with varying levels of salt and sass - which is ultimately irrelevant, since by every imaginable metric, the PC is the superior platform.

Rather than just accepting that and, correctly, saying 'I understand that, but I'd rather play games on a console', you guys continue to mount these idiotic and bizarre arguments which either revolve around how much money you don't have, or how the most important thing in any gamer's diet is Sony's first party output.

Just let it go. The PS4/5 is fine for you. That's all that matters. Go play with your console.
Again you have no clue who you are talking to. I will always say that I simply prefer consoles, but have gamed on PCs since the late 90s and have built over 20 PCs since that time. Don't

You say that nobody gives a fuck about people that choose consoles, but why does so many PC players on this forum constantly feel the need to shit on people that play on consoles. Why does every fucking thread have drive by posts about how shit consoles are if nobody cares? If I call bullshit on posts it's because they are bullshit on either side of "the fence".

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Again you have no clue who you are talking to. I will always say that I simply prefer consoles, but have gamed on PCs since the late 90s and have built over 20 PCs since that time. Don't

You say that nobody gives a fuck about people that choose consoles, but why does so many PC players on this forum constantly feel the need to shit on people that play on consoles. Why does every fucking thread have drive by posts about how shit consoles are if nobody cares? If I call bullshit on posts it's because they are bullshit on either side of "the fence".
Again, I don't care who I'm talking to. I don't give a shit about you. You prefer consoles? Good for you. Well done.

Why do you care what PC players say about your Playstation? Does it really send you that crazy to know that there are people who - often correctly - point out the technical inferiority of your platform? What difference does it make to you?

This is a gaming forum, and people discuss platforms as well as games. Sony's platforms, in particular, come under that kind of scrutiny because of their popularity. Sony's hardcore fanbase see them as being incapable of any sort of failing, and people thoroughly enjoy pricking that particular balloon.

What do you care? Go to a console-dedicated thread and toast the glory of Playstation to your heart's content.

There are probably some PC gamers who do that, but most PC gamers only reply to the ones who honestly think ps5 > gaming pc, which is beyond evident in this very forum. It's really annoying that some people shit on others like this, as Sony fanboys like to shit on nintendo, Xbox and pc gamers. You rarely see it the other way around.

Save the 'umad' shit for 4chan, kiddo.
Do you prefer a triggered emoji instead? I mean, you can't hide your feelings the way you're typing. Unless you think denial is gonna help your ego (cause everyone can see it). I would take your own advice and tell you to stop embarrasing yourself. As an adult, and not a kiddo, you will clearly snap into reason... maybe...

There are probably some PC gamers who do that...
Lmao... between this thread and the other thread you probably have about 70% - 80% of the posting traffic. Gaf Gold suits you. Can't never have too much insurance.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Do you prefer a triggered emoji instead? I mean, you can't hide your feelings the way you're typing. Unless you think denial is gonna help your ego (cause everyone can see it). I would take your own advice and tell you to stop embarrasing yourself. As an adult, and not a kiddo, you will clearly snap into reason...
Shhh. That's enough. The adults are talking.

Lmao... between this thread and the other thread you probably have about 70% - 80% of the posting traffic. Gaf Gold suits you. Can't never have too much insurance.

You know what they say, changing the goalposts never adds to an argument. Just saying... Whoever leaves an empathy emoji is salty and consumes pure estrogen.

Edit: well... The troll account confirms. Wonder if the 33 year old man baby ever gets tired of doing this Every. Single. Day. Lol

F72LKTc.png
a

Last edited:

dcx4610

You are either a PC person or you aren't. I wake up and immediately plop down in front of my PC (which is on 24/7). It's basically my one-stop shop for everything that I enjoy. Music, movies, games, entertainment, TV, news, forums, chatting, web browsing, work. etc. You are either about that life or you aren't.

Even with the PS5, it's way easier for me to just fire up Steam or another service and start playing a game than going to my living room, turning on all of my equipment on and then playing the PS5. Granted, I think the PS5 is way closer to PC in terms of quality than we've ever had, it's still not enough to make me stop using my PC. I'll play the PS5 for exclusives and get everything else on PC.

I do think there are some people that have built gaming PCs that don't even turn them on until they are ready to play a game and that's all they use it for. For those people, I can definitely see how a PS5 would make them "hate" PC gaming. The PS5 has gotten close enough in quality where those people probably don't need to bother anymore. I would consider them casual PC users that only use it for games and aren't really enthusiasts.

If you are one of those people, the PS5 is probably for you. For the rest of us that are on our PCs from the moment we wake up until we sleep, the PS5 isn't changing anything.

These are the exact type of PC exclusives I just can’t stand.
My PC is mostly used for RPG Maker games, indie horror, Deathsmiles, and shooters.
Well my post is somewhat of a joke because this game is a niche of a genre that is really narrow. Still sometime you don't want handholding with everything you do, pc is for explorer and people who aren't afraid.

You are either a PC person or you aren't. I wake up and immediately plop down in front of my PC (which is on 24/7). It's basically my one-stop shop for everything that I enjoy. Music, movies, games, entertainment, TV, news, forums, chatting, web browsing, work. etc. You are either about that life or you aren't.

Even with the PS5, it's way easier for me to just fire up Steam or another service and start playing a game than going to my living room, turning on all of my equipment on and then playing the PS5. Granted, I think the PS5 is way closer to PC in terms of quality than we've ever had, it's still not enough to make me stop using my PC. I'll play the PS5 for exclusives and get everything else on PC.

I do think there are some people that have built gaming PCs that don't even turn them on until they are ready to play a game and that's all they use it for. For those people, I can definitely see how a PS5 would make them "hate" PC gaming. The PS5 has gotten close enough in quality where those people probably don't need to bother anymore. I would consider them casual PC users that only use it for games and aren't really enthusiasts.

If you are one of those people, the PS5 is probably for you. For the rest of us that are on our PCs from the moment we wake up until we sleep, the PS5 isn't changing anything.
Well said. For a strictly casual gamer, a console is perfectly fine. But for enthusiasts or those who do more than just gaming, they have no other option than to go PC. Different strokes for different folks, I just can't stand the people who are completely against PC's in general, like in this thread for instance. It's cool if you prefer not to have one. But to try and downplay them, is beyond embarrassing.

dcx4610

Well said. For a strictly casual gamer, a console is perfectly fine. But for enthusiasts or those who do more than just gaming, they have no other option than to go PC. Different strokes for different folks, I just can't stand the people who are completely against PC's in general, like in this thread for instance. It's cool if you prefer not to have one. But to try and downplay them, is beyond embarrassing.

A lot of people I know associate PCs/laptops with work and want nothing to do with them when they get home. I guess I can understand that because I've done call center work before and I hated being on the phone in my off time after being on the phone all day. Still, I grew up with being on PC so it's as much a part of me as TV is to some people or as phones are to people these days.

I'm not sure if you know Adam Koralik on YouTube but he is vehemently opposed to PC gaming. His logic is he likes collecting physical games which you can't do on PC much and he's passionate about dedicated consoles. I can at least respect that point of view and I definitely see the appeal of having a dedicated machine just for one purpose. I prefer PC since I'm already at my desk and I like having everything in one place but I still love and support consoles as well.

S0ULZB0URNE

I'd rather have the option to play a game, than none at all. The same way I can play a game with lower quality everything, or play it maxed out in all it's glory. All depends on your hardware and tastes. But again, better to have the option, than none at all.
This is true.
I NEVER play games with no controller support but I am not claiming controller is superior as I had players in my Unreal Tournament Clan who did shit impossible with controllers(for example) BUT I prefer controllers and consoles.

Top Bottom