• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 is making me hate PC Gaming (techradar article)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
For an adult your math is very, very bad. 1600 euros translates to $1.9k which is closer to 5x the price. So congrats on just proving my point that you were dismissive of. You spent 5x the price for a more powerful PC.
The PS4 is 400€ in Europe. Are you not translating that to dollars too?

edit: and that's my PC. You could swap a few parts and lower the price, like having a 5600x instead of the 5800x, a 3060 instead of a 3070, or buying a cheaper SSD. And it still would be more powerful.

And I don't have anything agains the PS5 btw, but I do against silly "facts" like yours.

Last edited:
PS5 is a terrific get for the price, if you like Sony exclusives, but you can easily build a PC that will give you 2x performance in the worst case scenario for the silly guys claimed 4x price. [3x perf over ps5 in games with RT]

~800 RTX 3080
~250 10600K [ little mean monster ]
~100 D15 [cooler]
~150 MOBO
~150 RAM
~150 PSU
~100 CASE
~10 W10 PRO
-------------------------
~1800 to get double performance at minimum in the absolute worst possible port.

I would rec AMD 5600x, but their pricing is a bit silly atm, making 10600K a more sensible choice.

edit: ah too late.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
stock cooler? mustard cables? no airflow case?
cpu and gpu si good here. Other stuff is very lackluster

I wouldn't say it is "lackluster". It just average. This is a pre-built after all. I built my PC so this isn't something I personally would go for, but for the the price isn't that bad.

edit: and that's my PC. You could swap a few parts and lower the price, like having a 5600x instead of the 5800x, a 3060 instead of a 3070, or buying a cheaper SSD. And it still would be more powerful.

And I don't have anything agains the PS5 btw, but I do against silly "facts" like yours.
Lol. Ok so now that i've looked into Euro differences, I can change my 5x the price to 4x the price. That make you happy? Cause it still proves my point when what you paid cost 4x. I'm also taking your word on those prices you got, as I don't feel like looking into it when even what you're listing just proves me right.

Nope, you can't do that when the 5600x has less cores, less threads, and worse memory interface.

I don't have anything against PC. I own one. Just against grown adults like you who are dismissive, and then when confronted to provide an actual counter, fail miserably.

S0ULZB0URNE

Lol. Ok so now that i've looked into Euro differences, I can change my 5x the price to 4x the price. That make you happy? Cause it still proves my point when what you paid cost 4x. I'm also taking your word on those prices you got, as I don't feel like looking into it when even what you're listing just proves me right.

Nope, you can't do that when the 5600x has less cores, less threads, and worse memory interface.

I don't have anything against PC. I own one. Just against grown adults like you who are dismissive, and then when confronted to provide an actual counter, fail miserably.
4 and 5 X is being generous.

S0ULZB0URNE

PS5 is a terrific get for the price, if you like Sony exclusives, but you can easily build a PC that will give you 2x performance in the worst case scenario for the silly guys claimed 4x price. [3x perf over ps5 in games with RT]

~800 RTX 3080
~100 D15 [cooler]
~150 MOBO
~150 RAM
~150 PSU
~100 CASE
~10 W10 PRO

I would rec AMD 5600x, but their pricing is a bit silly atm, making 10600K a more sensible choice.

Still need a matching controller and 4K BR Drive.
But that is a good list you put together.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Lol. Ok so now that i've looked into Euro differences, I can change my 5x the price to 4x the price. That make you happy? Cause it still proves my point when what you paid cost 4x.
Dude, you said "A PC of equivalent power to the PS5 is 3-4x the price", I show you a PC much more powerful for x4 the price and you say I'm proving your point? Sorry, but I'm out of here, this is just pure madness. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Still need a matching controller and 4K BR Drive.
But that is a good list you put together.

Well I don't have any 'disked' games for pc. [all digital] On the other hand PS5 is minimum 500 for me since I'd like to play my ps4 exclusive games at 60fps on ps5 and most of them are on disks.

As for controller - just use DS4 or new PS5 pad.

Loope

But it wasn't bold. It was accurate. Prob why you immediately backtracked.

If 1500 pounds (think thats the symbol) translates to $2k, than yeah you should be able to build a more powerful PC. Much more powerful? Idk about that, you'd have to list the specs instead of generalizing. But this is still just proving my point when $2k is 5x the price of ps5. And literally nothing i've said has been speculative, its been factual. You're welcome to read more of the thread to see that.

If you think upgraded version of Control is going to be the benchmark of PS5, than you are just wrong. And you say you are an adult? Than you should know better than to think games around launch, and this isn't even a next gen only game its just a ps4 upgrade lol, will be the benchmark of what the next gen consoles are capable of. Did you think Knack gave us a good idea of PS4's full power when it first came out? Cmon.
The problem with your assumption is that when the PS5 or Xbox get next gen games that will show their true power (according to you for some reason, since Control is a very demanding game even on powerful pcs) PC parts will be cheaper, new, more powerful parts in the midrange bracket will come out and in 2 years you can build a pc enough to beat the consoles easily in the 2~3 x price.

That is both the advantage and disadvantage of pc gaming, you either upgrade somewhat regularly or just buy something really powerful that will last throughout the years. Also this is the first generation where we see the equivalent settings of these games. I remember already playing Skyrim (for example) at 1080p and people saying the consoles run at the same settings and not mentioning 1280x720. It's the only way really to compare these machines between each other.

~800 RTX 3080
~100 D15 [cooler]
~150 MOBO
~150 RAM
~150 PSU
~100 CASE
~10 W10 PRO

I applaud and respect you for trying, even though you resorted to insults as well, but nope. 10600k has less cores and less threads. Do you honestly think PS5 games of the future won't take advantage of this?

Double the performance lmfao. You gonna call me silly and say that when you aren't even listing a better cpu. Lmao cmon bro. 3700x is the agreed upon comparable cpu to PS5's Zen. So all it takes is a quick google search of 3700x vs 10600k. Next time do that before posting please.

I applaud and respect you for trying, even though you resorted to insults as well, but nope. 10600k has less cores and less threads. Do you honestly think PS5 games of the future won't take advantage of this?

Double the performance lmfao. You gonna call me silly and say that when you aren't even listing a better cpu. Lmao cmon bro. 3700x is the agreed upon comparable cpu to PS5's Zen. So all it takes is a quick google search of 3700x vs 10600k. Next time do that before posting please.
I even added a link to the video as a check mate kiddo and you even missed that.

Dude, you said "A PC of equivalent power to the PS5 is 3-4x the price", I show you a PC much more powerful for x4 the price and you say I'm proving your point? Sorry, but I'm out of here, this is just pure madness. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Your PC isn't much more powerful at all. You paid 4x on the dot, the high end of my estimate, and your PC is comparable to PS5 specs. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt by, considering certain things like the DDR in your RTX 3080 is less than PS5's. Keep in mind specs is all we have to go by until dedicated next gen releases happen, unless you wanna continue being a schlub who uses Control to compare.

TintoConCasera

Your PC isn't much more powerful at all. You paid 4x on the dot, the high end of my estimate, and your PC is comparable to PS5 specs. I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt by, considering certain things like the DDR in your RTX 3080 is less than PS5's. Keep in mind specs is all we have to go by until dedicated next gen releases happen, unless you wanna continue being a schlub who uses Control to compare.
I mentioned Hitman and COD too, but I guess those don't count either.

Topher

Gold Member
Here is a build I threw together that I would say is at least comparable to the PS5, but this is focusing primarily on price. I realize I could have skimped on some parts and may have spent a little more on others. Obviously not an exhaustive search for the best build. Just a general example.

Note: I left off the price off the GPU as the only prices available are incredibly inflated due to demand beyond RRP (much like PS5s being resold).

Price without GPU is $691. Add in a $400 RTX 3060 Ti and that brings it up to $1091. There are trade-offs in both directions. The 3060 Ti is superior to the PS5's GPU primarily due to DLSS and better RT. The CPU is also faster. PS5 has faster overall memory and a far superior SSD.

I do agree with DogsAndKisses666 DogsAndKisses666 that benchmarks tell the real story here so as we have more games there will be more information.

Maybe a simple Google search, or simply reading the comments that several of us have provided factual proof, as to why ps5 is no where near a 3700x.

However, the performance of a game is highly dependent on the CPU and GPU. In this sense, both PS5 and Xbox Series X will have a Zen 2 processor equipped with 8 cores and 16 threads, based on a monolithic design identical to the Ryzen 4000 APUs. The processors of both consoles will have 8MB L3 cache, (a Ryzen 7 3700X has 32MB L3), and the processors will also operate at 3.6GHz on Xbox Series X and 3.5GHz (dynamic) on PS5, a bit low considering today’s technologies.

The conclusion is very simple, the performance of the Xbox Series X and PS5 CPU is not going to be at the level of a Ryzen 7 3700X processor, although obviously it will mark a huge leap against AMD Jaguar.

L3 cache, clockspeed, power draw, thermals, etc are even more proof that ps5 is no where near a 3700x. Please no childish comments, as the only child in in the thread is the one with the constant insults to all of us adults. It's not our first rodeo, and it's easy to spot the younger generation.

I even added a link to the video as a check mate kiddo and you even missed that.
Gamers Nexus AKA the guy who used Borderlands 3 benchmarks to make determination on PC vs PS5 lmao. If you think a cpu with more cores and threads won't be taken advantage of by game developers on future dedicated next gen releases, you're just being silly

The problem with your assumption is that when the PS5 or Xbox get next gen games that will show their true power (according to you for some reason, since Control is a very demanding game even on powerful pcs) PC parts will be cheaper, new, more powerful parts in the midrange bracket will come out and in 2 years you can build a pc enough to beat the consoles easily in the 2~3 x price.

That is both the advantage and disadvantage of pc gaming, you either upgrade somewhat regularly or just buy something really powerful that will last throughout the years. Also this is the first generation where we see the equivalent settings of these games. I remember already playing Skyrim (for example) at 1080p and people saying the consoles run at the same settings and not mentioning 1280x720. It's the only way really to compare these machines between each other.
We're a couple months into next gen. We literally don't have a single dedicated next gen game on those consoles and PC. Anyone who thinks Control can be used as a benchmark cause of how it runs on PC is being silly. Anyone who thinks games being developed that still have last gen releases as well as next gen releases ala Hitman 3 will be the benchmark performance of next gen is being silly. Shame Demon's Souls didn't come out for PC. Even though dedicated launch games still always leave room for improvement in fully utilizing next gen, it would've given us a game to discuss that doesn't dedicate resources to making sure its compatible on last gen as well. Until we get one though, specs are all we can compare in earnest.

But I won't disagree regarding PC upgrades. I definitely expect in 2 years you can beat consoles at 2-3x the price.

Maybe a simple Google search, or simply reading the comments that several of us have provided factual proof, as to why ps5 is no where near a 3700x.

L3 cache, clockspeed, power draw, thermals, etc are even more proof that ps5 is no where near a 3700x. Please no childish comments, as the only child in in the thread is the one with the constant insults to all of us adults. It's not our first rodeo, and it's easy to spot the younger generation.
Cache mb is higher, but DDR4 memory type vs PS5's DDR6. Same # of cores, threads, etc. Do you know how to use google? Give it a try and you'll find its pretty universal when looking for the most comparable cpu to PS5's, its 3700x. If you disagree, try listing the cpu you think is more comparable. Oh wait you did that and listed the 3100 which is unequivocally less powerful. Stick to insults, its all you got.

Here is a build I threw together that I would say is at least comparable to the PS5, but this is focusing primarily on price. I realize I could have skimped on some parts and may have spent a little more on others. Obviously not an exhaustive search for the best build. Just a general example.

Note: I left off the price off the GPU as the only prices available are incredibly inflated due to demand beyond RRP (much like PS5s being resold).

Price without GPU is $691. Add in a $400 RTX 3060 Ti and that brings it up to $1091. There are trade-offs in both directions. The 3060 Ti is superior to the PS5's GPU primarily due to DLSS and better RT. The CPU is also faster. PS5 has faster overall memory and a far superior SSD.

I do agree with DogsAndKisses666 DogsAndKisses666 that benchmarks tell the real story here so as we have more games there will be more information.
Thank you sir. The only person in here willing to discuss what I said without bias, insults, or immaturity. This is a good post and you have certainly built the most comparable PC at the best price point.

Control is running at 30 fps with RT on PS5: https://abload.de/img/controlultimateeditiocbkfi.jpg [all credit goes to TGO] and on PC:

Looking at your claims I'm not sure I can even trust you with the most rudimentary math, but it's not very complicated and you're free to use the calculator. 128/30 is over 2x perf, yes?

Fucking hell too many people like yourself replying without taking an additional few minutes to read more of the thread lol

I'm just gonna quote my post that best pertains to this

We're a couple months into next gen. We literally don't have a single dedicated next gen game on those consoles and PC. Anyone who thinks Control can be used as a benchmark cause of how it runs on PC is being silly. Anyone who thinks games being developed that still have last gen releases as well as next gen releases ala Hitman 3 will be the benchmark performance of next gen is being silly. Shame Demon's Souls didn't come out for PC. Even though dedicated launch games still always leave room for improvement in fully utilizing next gen, it would've given us a game to discuss that doesn't dedicate resources to making sure its compatible on last gen as well. Until we get one though, specs are all we can compare in earnest.

But I won't disagree regarding PC upgrades. I definitely expect in 2 years you can beat consoles at 2-3x the price.

Cache mb is higher, but DDR4 memory type vs PS5's DDR6. Same # of cores, threads, etc. Do you know how to use google? Give it a try and you'll find its pretty universal when looking for the most comparable cpu to PS5's, its 3700x. If you disagree, try listing the cpu you think is more comparable. Oh wait you did that and listed the 3100 which is unequivocally less powerful. Stick to insults, its all you got.
Ddr6? You mean Gddr6? Pc has already had gddr6x which is faster and has more bandwith. 3700x is much faster and more robust than ps5 cpu. It's more comparable to the ryzen laptop cpu's. Nothing like the desktop 3700x as you incorrectly keep stating. You can actually buy a 3700x if you want one so bad, but you aren't getting it's performance in a ps5 which has been proven several times, especially in games that support high framerate, which really shows the CPU power.

TintoConCasera

Ddr6? You mean Gddr6? Pc has already had gddr6x which is faster and has more bandwith. 3700x is much faster and more robust than ps5 cpu. It's more comparable to the ryzen laptop cpu's. Nothing like the desktop 3700x as you incorrectly keep stating. You can actually buy a 3700x if you want one so bad, but you aren't getting it's performance in a ps5 which has been proven several times, especially in games that support high framerate, which really shows the CPU power.
OK mate despite same specs in all the major categories if you wish to believe based on Borderlands 3 benchmarks the 3700x is more powerful and the 3100 is comparable to PS5 than do so. Just leave me alone already ffs you're by far the worst poster in this thread lol

I guess you can keep on waiting for years until ps5 somehow miraculously multiplies in performance. Have fun
No you're right. The upgraded version of Control showcases the climax of what PS5 is capable of. All games with dedicated next gen releases over the next 1-2 years will certainly all look and perform at its equivalence. How could anyone question this?!

Sharius

Neo Member
i dont really understand this mindset, althought i play mostly on playstation platform for over 20 years, but i dont reaaly feel like i hate any other platform, infact i really enjoy those longplay of other game on other platform while doing long grind on playstation

Price is a non factor for some people so it’s not always the best point to argue about imo. Yea PCs cost more but you can get an experience that the consoles can’t come close to replicating if you are prepared to pay.

If you are frugal then consoles clearly make more sense as the new ones at least are being sold at a loss so Sony and MS can get their hands on that sweet micro-transaction £££ so you do get an awful lot for your money.

I’ve never understood why people get so heated over the cost of PCs though. No one is forcing you to buy PCs and clearly by the speed the new GPUs sell out a lot of people are happy to pay more for better performance.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Your reading comprehension is clearly lacking so I will repeat for like 60th time. A PC of equivalent power to the PS5 is 3-4x the price. I see its popular for the 15 yr olds on here like yourself to just get emotional about that fact, god knows why, and talk shit. But if you'd like to try to prove me wrong, please do so. Only one adult has entered the thread with an attempt, and the PC he linked was 3x the price and still comes with downgraded RAM to the PS5's.
Did you really write that DDR4 built for better latency with the CPU is a downgrade to GDDR6 that is built for bandwidth for both CPU and GPU on the PS5??? Oh, poor future DDR5 on PC that will still be a downgrade to GDDR6... The horror...

Last edited:
Sure it is. $1400 is less than the price of a PC of PS5's equivalence in running games.

I mean no they literally didn't lmaoooo you're prob skimming and read the ONLY dude who listed parts, and he did so to back up my argument when his parts were less powerful and still cost over 2x the price of PS5. If you wish to not act like a child and try yourself you're welcome to

Maybe if all I cared about was the solid state drive. I'll take 8 seconds of loading over 4.

Price is a non factor for some people so it’s not always the best point to argue about imo. Yea PCs cost more but you can get an experience that the consoles can’t come close to replicating if you are prepared to pay.

If you are frugal then consoles clearly make more sense as the new ones at least are being sold at a loss so Sony and MS can get their hands on that sweet micro-transaction £££ so you do get an awful lot for your money.

I’ve never understood why people get so heated over the cost of PCs though. No one is forcing you to buy PCs and clearly by the speed the new GPUs sell out a lot of people are happy to pay more for better performance.
Yeah, I just don't get the whole PC hate that some of these warriors display. If you like your cheaper console, cool. Nothing bad to say about it. But some of us prefer the best performance. You won't get that at $500 bucks, and I'm glad to pay into my hobby, as I get more than my money's worth from it, and then some. I feel this neo member is an alt of someone, and I think I know who it is.

sendit

The price to performance ratio you get out of the PS5 is currently unmatched in the PC space. A 5600x is a 400 dollar CPU. A 3060 is a 400 dollar GPU, an SSD that matches the speed of what the PS5 has is 200+. Minus the insane amount of I/O customization on the PS5.

This is coming from seomeone who owns a 3090 RTX. You're delusional.

Last edited:
The price to performance ratio you get out of the PS5 is currently unmatched in the PC space. A 5600x is a 400 dollar CPU. A 3060 is a 400 dollar GPU, an SSD that matches the speed of what the PS5 has is 200+. Minus the insane amount of I/O customization on the PS5.

The problem is, we have no clue if ps5 ssd speeds make a feasible difference. Sadly enough, there are games the XSS loads faster than XSX and ps5. Of course older games, but we haven't seen any proof of needing x speeds for games for now of even foreseeable future. I personally would have spent the ssd budget towards a better GPU like Xbox. But that's just me.

I agree with not getting the performance of a console for the same price in pc space. But you also don't get the same abilities of a PC from a console, which can differ from person to person. But for affordability and performance for the money, 2x the price of a ps5 will give you better performance and usability. Get both though.

This is coming from someone who own a RTX 3090 as well :messenger_savoring:. Although 3080ti sounds like a better deal now. Oh well.

sendit

The problem is, we have no clue if ps5 ssd speeds make a feasible difference. Sadly enough, there are games the XSS loads faster than XSX and ps5. Of course older games, but we haven't seen any proof of needing x speeds for games for now of even foreseeable future. I personally would have spent the ssd budget towards a better GPU like Xbox. But that's just me.

I agree with not getting the performance of a console for the same price in pc space. But you also don't get the same abilities of a PC from a console, which can differ from person to person. But for affordability and performance for the money, 2x the price of a ps5 will give you better performance and usability. Get both though.

This is coming from someone who own a RTX 3090 as well :messenger_savoring:. Although 3080ti sounds like a better deal now. Oh well.

I'll reserve my judgement until Sony's first party studios show their hand on exclusive PS5 games. The SSD in my current computer cost just as much as an entire PS5 just so I can exceed the speed of what the PS5 has. With that said, it still doesn't match the I/O customization in the PS5. The PC is one gigantic bottleneck with singular parts trying to work in harmony.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

~800 RTX 3080
~100 D15 [cooler]
~150 MOBO
~150 RAM
~150 PSU
~100 CASE
~10 W10 PRO

Most retarded list i ever saw.

This whole thread just become straight diarrhea of delusion console fans that know nothing about hardware even remotely. And actually think they are getting a high end PC. Yet have a console that can't even render control at lowest pc settings without having to drop the settings even further. That the most budget friendly PC can do.

The only future the PS5 has in 2-3 years from now is the PS5 pro.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Such insane i/o costomization of the PS5, such a insane cpu and gpu in that PS5 box that it runs control at below low settings on PC. Even a shitty 2060 that's 2 years old if not 3 by now the budget of the budget RTX card stomps it, not to forget the most budget cpu on the market stomps the minimums also.

And here you guys are talking about a 3060 and a 5600x rofl. Maybe u should compare it towards 2x 3090 in sli, because i heard its just that good guys!!!!.

I'll reserve my judgement until Sony's first party studios show their hand on exclusive PS5 games. The SSD in my current computer cost just as much as an entire PS5 just so I can exceed the speed of what the PS5 has. With that said, it still doesn't match the I/O customization in the PS5. The PC is one gigantic bottleneck with singular parts trying to work in harmony.

Yea what bottleneck exactly? u mean that dedicated ram that absolute curbstomps what sony has in its box. That godly shared memory that shares bandwidth to the point it can't even do AF in games because it tanks the performance?

People enlighten me on the greats of this box that PC can't do because of the bottlenecks. the moment compression on fast SSD's becomes anywhere near relevant pc will already stomp it with a simple software update called rtx i/o. that will work on any card that's 4-5 years old by then.

As of now the whole I/O and 5,5gbps is as useless as any SSD on PC at that speed for games. Utter waste of money.

But keep believing.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Such insane i/o costomization of the PS5, such a insane cpu and gpu in that PS5 box that it runs control at below low settings on PC. Even a shitty 2060 that's 2 years old if not 3 by now the budget of the budget RTX card stomps it, not to forget the most budget cpu on the market stomps the minimums also.

And here you guys are talking about a 3060 and a 5600x rofl. Maybe u should compare it towards 2x 3090 in sli, because i heard its just that good guys!!!!.

Yea what bottleneck exactly? u mean that dedicated ram that absolute curbstomps what sony has in its box. That godly shared memory that shares bandwidth to the point it can't even do AF in games because it tanks the performance?

People enlighten me on the greats of this box that PC can't do because of the bottlenecks. the moment compression on fast SSD's becomes anywhere near relevant pc will already stomp it with a simple software update called rtx i/o. that will work on any card that's 4-5 years old by then.

As of now the whole I/O and 5,5gbps is as useless as any SSD on PC at that speed for games. Utter waste of money.

But keep believing.
Check out God Of War on PS5 - it’s still the PS4 version. What’s the closest comparison on PC?

Sure, a PC could do it in theory, but it doesn’t - aren’t the games the bottom line in all this? if not, you’re a tech fetishist first, and gamer second - on a gamer first forum, so you’ll never win.

We still got people coming in here acting like how the upgraded version of Control performs on ps5 is going to be the benchmark of the console lmfao

So while PC has to wait for consoles to catch up, do you honestly think getting a high end SSD would really be beneficial, especially before direct storage comes into play. Which no games on PC or console will take use of for some time. It may be a bottleneck right now in i/o, but what games lack on performance because of this, or currently use this right now, even in console space?

Zog

Banned
How does mine compare to a PS5?

- i7 9700k 3.60 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- RTX 2080 Super (8 GB VRAM)
- 512 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Check out God Of War on PS5 - it’s still the PS4 version. What’s the closest comparison on PC?

Sure, a PC could do it in theory, but it doesn’t - aren’t the games the bottom line in all this? if not, you’re a tech fetishist first, and gamer second - on a gamer first forum, so you’ll never win.

Go to the PC thread and open your eyes.

PC doesn't do shit in theory. PC actually does it. How is that SSD working out for you? It sure as hell doesn't help push more performance in that GPU. Hell i don't even know if they could drop the resolution a bit more if it would actually help as memory bandwidth is getting destroyed by the most simplest settings on PC.

8k by the way guys!!!.

Meanwhile budget PC city with a 2060 and the cheapest ryzen cpu dumpsters the game at 60 fps with raytracing oh well.

We still got people coming in here acting like how the upgraded version of Control performs on ps5 is going to be the benchmark of the console lmfao

It is, because its optimized for it. U wouldn't know because out of your post in this thread you made, its clear you are absolute fucking clueless about anything hardware related.

How does mine compare to a PS5?

- i7 9700k 3.60 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- RTX 2080 Super (8 GB VRAM)
- 512 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD

Absolute destroys the PS5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zog
Go to the PC thread and open your eyes.

PC doesn't do shit in theory. PC actually does it. How is that SSD working out for you? It sure as hell doesn't help push more performance in that GPU. Hell i don't even know if they could drop the resolution a bit more if it would actually help as memory bandwidth is getting destroyed by the most simplest settings on PC.

8k by the way guys!!!.

Meanwhile budget city with a 2060 and the cheapest ryzen cpu dumpsters the game at 60 fps with raytracing oh well.

It is, because its optimized for it. U wouldn't know because out of your post in this thread you made, its clear you are absolute fucking clueless about anything hardware related.

Absolute destroys the PS5.
The fact you and others think an optimized upgrade is the same as a dedicated sole next gen release is crazy. I mean, this is borderline common sense. Imagine thinking the upgraded version of fucking Control will look and perform the same as, for example, Rockstar's first dedicated next gen release. Just lmfao

Last edited:

Kenpachii

The fact you and others think an optimized upgrade is the same as a dedicated sole next gen release is crazy. I mean, this is borderline common sense. Imagine thinking the upgraded version of fucking Control will look and perform the same as, for example, Rockstar's first dedicated next gen release. Just lmfao

The box has hardware in it and that hardware is limited by what it can do.

A PS4 can't render witcher 3 at 120 fps. Not because the software is the limit. no because the hardware is the limit.

A PS5 can't run control at 8k 120 fps and ultra settings with max raytracing. Why not? because there is no hardware in that box that allows for it. It's simple.

And what your next gen release of whatever game is going to be will again perform better on PC if it arrives on PC because of the simple reason PC software and hardware always evolve.

Will next gen games look better then control. Yes that's not the point.

Last edited:
The box has hardware in it and that hardware is limited by what it can do.

A PS4 can't render witcher 3 at 120 fps. Not because the software is the limit. no because the hardware is the limit.

A PS5 can't run control at 8k 120 fps and ultra settings with max raytracing. Why not? because there is no hardware in that box that allows for it. It's simple.

And what your next gen release of whatever game is going to be will again perform better on PC if it arrives on PC because of the simple reason PC software and hardware always evolve.

Will next gen games look better then control. Yes that's not the point.
lol ok man. You keep believing upgraded Control will be the equivalent of Rockstar putting all their resources behind a dedicated next gen game.

I don't believe that at all. Do you even read? or are you just making shit up now because i shit on your bullshit parade?
U literally said upgraded Control is the benchmark of the console cause its optimized for it. Listen, believe that. Don't get so emotional. I'll go ahead and believe when developers put full resources behind dedicated next gen games, they will perform better.

Shmunter

U literally said upgraded Control is the benchmark of the console cause its optimized for it. Listen, believe that. Don't get so emotional. I'll go ahead and believe when developers put full resources behind dedicated next gen games, they will perform better.
All sony PS5 games already load like they are on a cartridge. SSD proof day 1.

Any game designed for it ain’t happening on current pc’s. Not speculation at this point.

All sony PS5 games already load like they are on a cartridge. SSD proof day 1.

Any game designed for it ain’t happening on current pc’s. Not speculation at this point.
Are you trying to make a point other than "pC wIlL oUtPeRfOrM StiLl"? Where in the argument is that discussed? I'm solely pointing out how I find it beyond stupid for someone to think upgraded Control will perform the same as developers putting full resources into focused next gen titles.

sendit

But keep believing.

Take a deep breath and relax. We are talking about cost to performance ratio. The PS5 (also the XSX) simple has the PC beat. Did anyone say the PS5 can go toe to toe with a 3090, let alone a 3060?

Do you even know why RTX I/O or DirectStorage is even a thing in the PC space? Because that dedicated system ram you speak of is a huge bottleneck of where data needs to go for the GPU to render. Additionally, the most impressive thing I've seen on the PS5 is Miles Morales 1-2 second load time. I have not seen one game on the PC with that level of graphical fidelity load that quick.

Last edited:

sendit

So while PC has to wait for consoles to catch up, do you honestly think getting a high end SSD would really be beneficial, especially before direct storage comes into play. Which no games on PC or console will take use of for some time. It may be a bottleneck right now in i/o, but what games lack on performance because of this, or currently use this right now, even in console space?

Like the 3090, a highspeed PCIe 4.0 SSD is an absolutely waste of money currently unless you're doing massive read/write request based on application. However, if you have money to burn. Why not get the best crap you can get? Additionally, I don't think any developers have not utilized DirectStorage API at any level on any current released PC games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom