• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 is making me hate PC Gaming (techradar article)

Ironic. Only a teenager would be complaining about a PC that costs under a grand. When I was once your age, saving up a grand was easy. You have no bills, parents still pay for most things, etc. You have no reason to complain about PC, unless you are just stuck in your ways. In that case, there's plenty of growing up to do.

3060 ti paired with a cheap cpu will go a long ways.
lol too funny you continue to name the graphics card, which cost the same as a next gen console alone, and zero other PC parts or 4k monitor. But sure man, you're ignorant and only interested in arguing you're ridiculously way wrong points. So please, stop responding to me.

lol too funny you continue to name the graphics card, which cost the same as a next gen console alone, and zero other PC parts or 4k monitor. But sure man, you're ignorant and only interested in arguing you're ridiculously way wrong points. So please, stop responding to me.
How is the same price on a gpu and a cheap cpu, ram, etc, cost 3-4x console price? You can't call someone ignorant, yet fail in basic math. The gpu is always the costliest part of a gaming rig. Do you include 4k tv in a console purchase as well? Cause you kinda just added that to pc price.... Also moving the goal posts on the topic isn't helping, but I'll bite.

How is the same price on a gpu and a cheap cpu, ram, etc, cost 3-4x console price? You can't call someone ignorant, yet fail in basic math. The gpu is always the costliest part of a gaming rig. Do you include 4k tv in a console purchase as well? Cause you kinda just added that to pc price.... Also moving the goal posts on the topic isn't helping, but I'll bite.
Lol @ still trying to argue but can't name a single part beyond the graphics card. And sure bro, include a $400 4k TV on top of the console price. You can repeat "basic cpu" over and over, but i'm just laughing at you at this point when you refuse to prove your point by actually building a PC equivalent to PS5 at a similar price. Until you do that I need to stop responding to you lol this is too much

D.Final

Banned
Probably just a different perspective of a consumer

I didn't make any claims. You did.
Now back them up or take the L.
Not with "Trust me bro" not with "Someone somewhere did it (no links tho, teehee)".
Benchmarks and prices.
Go.
When you say something about the price, you're making a claim. When I say "you're wrong", thats challenging your claim. A little basic education for you for the future, even though I imagine good chance you're just dancing around proving what you said. All good, enjoy school today

apotema

I've tried Steam, EGS, Game Pass, GOG and Twitch and I still find very depressing to play on PC. The fact that you have to pray for the game to run properly is a no go for me.

Lol @ still trying to argue but can't name a single part beyond the graphics card. And sure bro, include a $400 4k TV on top of the console price. You can repeat "basic cpu" over and over, but i'm just laughing at you at this point when you refuse to prove your point by actually building a PC equivalent to PS5 at a similar price. Until you do that I need to stop responding to you lol this is too much
Okay well lets do some math not including COVID reseller mark ups. Lets also make it a fair fight so no displays, no gaming peripherals outside of a controller and PS4 Digital as the comparison so we don't need to add a drive to the PC. No used parts either. Also won't be including PS+/XBL as it's not necessary at all for the most popular games.

RTX 3060ti - $400 (At a bare minimum because most cards are more then the base MSRP)
Ryzen 3100 - $100 if you can even find one somewhere. I've never seen one in person so idk if it includes the cooler or not but lets assume it does.
Cheap MB - $50
16GB DDR4 - $60
Cheap PSU - $50 (please people don't skimp on PSUs)
Cheap case - $30
512 GB SSD - $50 (I'll choose 512 because you can't choose 825 and consoles take up more base space then windows does so it's close enough)
Series X controller - $50 on sale right now (this is to make it fair by having a quality controller)
Cheap M/KB for navigation - $10 (You don't NEED anything more then this)

We are at $800 which is exactly double the price of a next gen console. This is cutting costs about as much as you'd ever want to with a barebone motherboard and iffy power supply. You are right that you don't need to spend 3-4x the price but even going bare minimum is 2x the price. If you start getting more quality components you will be nearing closer to the 3x price. I also don't think I'd want to try to last the entire gen on a quad core CPU but this should be comparable enough to the PS5/XSX IMO especially with DLSS.

Taking this from a pure I wanna play games standpoint consoles are a better value. A good majority of people don't need an actual computer these days and I know tons of people that only have a smart phone outside of work. That being said if you also are in need of a computer (that's not portable) then that greatly increases the value of a pc.

Okay well lets do some math not including COVID reseller mark ups. Lets also make it a fair fight so no displays, no gaming peripherals outside of a controller and PS4 Digital as the comparison so we don't need to add a drive to the PC. No used parts either. Also won't be including PS+/XBL as it's not necessary at all for the most popular games.

RTX 3060ti - $400 (At a bare minimum because most cards are more then the base MSRP)
Ryzen 3100 - $100 if you can even find one somewhere. I've never seen one in person so idk if it includes the cooler or not but lets assume it does.
Cheap MB - $50
16GB DDR4 - $60
Cheap PSU - $50 (please people don't skimp on PSUs)
Cheap case - $30
512 GB SSD - $50 (I'll choose 512 because you can't choose 825 and consoles take up more base space then windows does so it's close enough)
Series X controller - $50 on sale right now (this is to make it fair by having a quality controller)
Cheap M/KB for navigation - $10 (You don't NEED anything more then this)

We are at $800 which is exactly double the price of a next gen console. This is cutting costs about as much as you'd ever want to with a barebone motherboard and iffy power supply. You are right that you don't need to spend 3-4x the price but even going bare minimum is 2x the price. If you start getting more quality components you will be nearing closer to the 3x price. I also don't think I'd want to try to last the entire gen on a quad core CPU but this should be comparable enough to the PS5/XSX IMO especially with DLSS.

Taking this from a pure I wanna play games standpoint consoles are a better value. A good majority of people don't need an actual computer these days and I know tons of people that only have a smart phone outside of work. That being said if you also are in need of a computer (that's not portable) then that greatly increases the value of a pc.
Price exaggerations here on basically everything, but lets stop right away at Ryzen 3100. Cause you're listing a CPU that is not as good as PS5's. The point is to build a PC as or more powerful as ps5 with relatively same price, and you fail immediately. Ryzen 3700 is the comparable CPU. Funniest part is even with price exaggerations and listing weaker shit, you STILL come up to double the price of PS5.

Last edited:
Price exaggerations here on basically everything, but lets stop right away at Ryzen 3100. Cause you're listing a CPU that is not as good as PS5's. The point is to build a PC as or more powerful as ps5 with relatively same price, and you fail immediately. Ryzen 3700 is the comparable CPU. Funniest part is even with price exaggerations and listing weaker shit, you STILL come up to double the price of PS5.
Wait, you honestly think ps5 CPU is comparable to a 3700?!

You do realize this has been debunked several times already? It's no where near a 3700x, besides having the same number of cores and threads. You must not have done any research or watched DF/Gamers Nexus/etc. Plenty of coverage that disproves this completely.

Last edited:
Wait, you honestly think ps5 CPU is comparable to a 3700?!

You do realize this has been debunked several times already? It's no where near a 3700x, besides having the same number of cores and threads. You must not have done any research or watched DF/Gamers Nexus/etc. Plenty of coverage that disproves this completely.

I can provide a plethora of links to back my claim its the most comparable cpu. Let me know when you can do the same for things you say instead of getting emotional and posting WWE gifs

TheMan

The obvious answer to is have both if you can afford it. PC offers major advantages over consoles in areas like simulation (can you play DCS on your ps5? fuck no), VR, and of course the fact that a good PC offers much more beyond entertainment that PS5 won't ever match.

I have both and enjoy both for what they offer. Saying PS5 makes you hate PC gaming is stupid

martino

The obvious answer to is have both if you can afford it. PC offers major advantages over consoles in areas like simulation (can you play DCS on your ps5? fuck no), VR, and of course the fact that a good PC offers much more beyond entertainment that PS5 won't ever match.

I have both and enjoy both for what they offer. Saying PS5 makes you hate PC gaming is stupid
i would say all of them.
If only xsx could be in stock at a store doing all access in my country it would be my case.

I can provide a plethora of links to back my claim its the most comparable cpu. Let me know when you can do the same for things you say instead of getting emotional and posting WWE gifs

Did you use reddit as a source, or read either of the links you posted lol! A blog... Seriously lol? No benchmarks, just wishing upon a star and throwing a random component in there?! So, no proof?

Watch and learn. The 3300x destroys ps5 in performance. 3700x is more powerful than 3300x, which beat ps5 in benchmarks. Let it out if you have to. It's going to be ok.

Did you use reddit as a source, or read either of the links you posted lol! A blog... Seriously lol? No benchmarks, just wishing upon a star and throwing a random component in there?! So, no proof?

Watch and learn. The 3300x destroys ps5 in performance. 3700x is more powerful than 3300x, which beat ps5 in benchmarks. Let it out if you have to. It's going to be ok.

3300x has higher boost clocks. PS5 cpu has extra threads and cores for developers to take advantage of. His 3 game examples are all last gen games. The shilling continues if you genuinely think DMC5 and Borderlands 3 will be the benchmark performance games of the PS5.

Topher

Gold Member

Let's say that is all true. You now have an upgradeable system. So instead of buying entirely new systems every 3 years, simply upgrade the GPU or the CPU. I'm actually staying ahead of consoles that way. I have a RTX 2080 Super right now and I'm already well ahead of PS5 and XSX. I could easily wait for the 4000 series and leapfrog the inevitable mid-gens. The thing about these PC vs console comparisons is that they always seem to be from scratch. Why? That is simply not necessary to simply outpace console gaming. My case and power supply are reusable. The motherboard and system RAM occasionally may need refreshing. Next is the CPU, but primarily the GPU is going to need to upgraded for newer games. And then you have savings elsewhere such as cheaper games due to market competition and free online. Are you still paying more? Probably. Do you still have a system with superior performance than consoles? Yep. And the fact is that building PCs is a hobby of its own. I like tweaking and overclocking and trying to get higher scores in Time Spy.

I mean....look at this thing. That's a labor of love, my friend.

dlvgQGZ.jpg

I'm not saying all this to crap on consoles. I love my PS5. Great system. I'm just saying this isn't a cut and dried comparison whatsoever.

Last edited:
Let's say that is all true. You now have an upgradeable system. So instead of buying entirely new systems every 3 years, simply upgrade the GPU or the CPU. I'm actually staying ahead of consoles that way. I have a RTX 2080 Super right now and I'm already well ahead of PS5 and XSX. I could easily wait for the 4000 series and leapfrog the inevitable mid-gens. The thing about these PC vs console comparisons is that they always seem to be from scratch. Why? That is simply not necessary to simply outpace console gaming. My case and power supply are reusable. The motherboard and system RAM occasionally may need refreshing. Next is the CPU, but primarily the GPU is going to need to upgraded for newer games. And then you have savings elsewhere such as cheaper games due to market competition and free online. Are you still paying more? Probably. Do you still have a system with superior performance than consoles? Yep. And the fact is that building PCs is a hobby of its own. I like tweaking and overclocking and trying to get higher scores in Time Spy.

I mean....look at this thing. That's a labor of love, my friend.

dlvgQGZ.jpg

I'm not saying all this to crap on consoles. I love my PS5. Great system. I'm just saying this isn't a cut and dried comparison whatsoever.
You say this like upgrades aren't the same price, or really even more expensive, as consoles lol. The RTX 2080 super alone is double the price of next gen consoles lol.

I don't get this "cheaper games" thing. I've owned a gaming laptop for 1.5 years now and this simply has not been true. New games are priced equally, and even if we're talking 3rd party steam keys, PSN sales blow them out the water.

And keep in the mind the argument here is a PC as powerful as PS5 is 3x-4x the price. I would never deny you can build a PC that is more powerful. I love my laptop but these children pretending you can get a better PC at a similar price of next gen consoles are just being dumb.

Last edited:
One thing I hate about console gaming that will hopefully be less of an issue this gen is buying a game only for it to run like shit (or watching the DF etc video and skipping a game that runs like shit).

At least on PC you can normally tweak it enough to get it running acceptably or simply throw some money at it and brute force your way through.

And people like to rag on PCMR for port begging but at least they don’t have to 60fps patch beg. I can grab some ancient game and max out the resolution and frame rate while console versions are normally stuck with whatever resolution and frame rate was in vogue at the time.

I was actually more on your side than his so I'm not sure why you are arguing with me lol. I was helping to prove your point that you can't build a comparable PC for the price.
HOWEVER
The processor in the new consoles are not comparable to a 3700. They are good CPUs and a huge upgrade over last gen, but they are not comparable to the 8 core desktop CPUs. Also in resolutions above 1080p which generally most of the new console games focus on the FPS difference between a 3100 and a 3700 are not very big for the price increase and are within 10-20% yet the 3700 is 300% of the price of the 3100 which is why I chose it when trying to build a bare minimum including a 3060ti.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
You say this like upgrades aren't the same price, or really even more expensive, as consoles lol. The RTX 2080 super alone is double the price of next gen consoles lol.

I don't get this "cheaper games" thing. I've owned a gaming laptop for 1.5 years now and this simply has not been true. New games are priced equally, and even if we're talking 3rd party steam keys, PSN sales blow them out the water.

And keep in the mind the argument here is a PC as powerful as PS5 is 3x-4x the price. I would never deny you can build a PC that is more powerful. I love my laptop but these children pretending you can get a better PC at a similar price of next gen consoles are just being dumb.

I've bought PC and PS5 games for years. PC games are cheaper overall. Yes, the base price is the same, but there are discounts on new games coming out constantly. PSN deals are great, but there is just more competition for your dollar on PC from many stores that sell Steam keys as well as upcoming Steam competition like EGS. And I'm get free games on PC all the time from stores just trying to get attention.

I agree you are not going to build a PS5 equivalent for $500. But you have to also acknowledge that you had to buy a laptop because your console will not do the things PC will do. So that's part of the cost of gaming on console as well.

I was actually more on your side than his so I'm not sure why you are arguing with me lol. I was helping to prove your point.
HOWEVER
The processor in the new consoles are not comparable to a 3700. They are good CPUs and a huge upgrade over last gen, but they are not comparable to the 8 core desktop CPUs. Also in resolutions above 1080p which generally most of the new console games focus on the FPS difference between a 3100 and a 3700 are not very big for the price increase and are within 10-20% yet the 3700 is 300% of the price of the 3100.
Not sure how you're more on my side yet arguing FOR him by listing a weaker cpu.

The 3700 is easily the most comparable. I've posted 3 links off a simple google search that explain why if you are unfamiliar with reading specs. The 3100 is a way off base comparison. The other guy has been shilling hard for this ridiculous "you can build a better PC at similar price" argument, and even he knew better and tried to compare the 3300 instead of the 3100 lol.

I've bought PC and PS5 games for years. PC games are cheaper overall. Yes, the base price is the same, but there are discounts on new games coming out constantly. PSN deals are great, but there is just more competition for your dollar on PC from many stores that sell Steam keys as well as upcoming Steam competition like EGS. And I'm get free games on PC all the time from stores just trying to get attention.

I agree you are not going to build a PS5 equivalent for $500. But you have to also acknowledge that you had to buy a laptop because your console will not do the things PC will do. So that's part of the cost of gaming on console as well.
I never said the reason for my laptop purchase had anything to do with console performance lol. I just needed a laptop and why not get a gaming one lol. My ASUS TUF fx505dt, with 32gb ram and 2tb ssd upgrade, cost roughly $900 and run games at the equivalent of ps4 pro. And this is at 1080p, not even 4k the ps4 pro is capable of. My understanding is laptops are generally more expensive than desktops, but still, this thing only makes me appreciate the ps5 more.

Not sure how you're more on my side yet arguing FOR him by listing a weaker cpu.

The 3700 is easily the most comparable. I've posted 3 links off a simple google search that explain why if you are unfamiliar with reading specs. The 3100 is a way off base comparison. The other guy has been shilling hard for this ridiculous "you can build a better PC at similar price" argument, and even he knew better and tried to compare the 3300 instead of the 3100 lol.
It's no where near a 3700x, no matter how hard you want to believe. I never said similar price either. I said it can cost roughly the same before the end of the generation. But usually 2x the price, but much better performance, and you can do more than just play games. You can dislike PC gaming all you want, but it will always have the performance crown 👑, whether you do a cheap build or balls to the wall build. If you need your exclusives, a ps5 can compliment your gaming PC. But to hate PC is a big sign of fear and insecurity. Even I don't hate ps5, I just have no reason to get one.

It's no where near a 3700x, no matter how hard you want to believe. I never said similar price either. I said it can cost roughly the same before the end of the generation. But usually 2x the price, but much better performance, and you can do more than just play games. You can dislike PC gaming all you want, but it will always have the performance crown 👑, whether you do a cheap build or balls to the wall build. If you need your exclusives, a ps5 can compliment your gaming PC. But to hate PC is a big sign of fear and insecurity. Even I don't hate ps5, I just have no reason to get one.
Lol you did say similar price. Thats literally been the entire basis of this argument, is this false belief you have a PC of equal power can be built at similar price. Good job backtracking though, hopefully its a sign you're coming to an end of trying to argue when its been very easy to dispel everything you've posted

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't dislike PC gaming. I own a PC. I just dislike when someone like yourself fervently argues with people with incredibly false information as you were doing when this started.

Lol you did say similar price. Thats literally been the entire basis of this argument, is this false belief you have a PC of equal power can be built at similar price. Good job backtracking though, hopefully its a sign you're coming to an end of trying to argue when its been very easy to dispel everything you've posted

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't dislike PC gaming. I own a PC. I just dislike when someone like yourself fervently argues with people with incredibly false information as you were doing when this started.
You been pushing ps5 as a 3700x, and now you dismiss it completely after being proven wrong, by several people. And yes it can be similar price by the end of the generation, after paying for PSN, overpriced games, dlc's, etc. This is not even including the people who have went from ps5 to ps5pro if there's a refresh due to needing better hardware in a few years for consoles. As you see, they are already outdated before their release in terms of performance.

You haven't disproven any claims though? Absolutely zero. A better PC doesn't cost 3-4x the price, there are millions and millions more PC players with better hardware than all next gen consoles combined, and multiplied by a few times, and ps5 is no where near a 3700x. Now it's your turn to try and disprove any of the facts I laid out.

Last edited:
You been pushing ps5 as a 3700x, and now you dismiss it completely after being proven wrong, by several people. And yes it can be similar price by the end of the generation, after paying for PSN, overpriced games, dlc's, etc. This is not even including the people who have went from ps5 to ps5pro if there's a refresh due to needing better hardware in a few years for consoles. As you see, they are already outdated before their release in terms of performance.

You haven't disproven any claims though? Absolutely zero. A better PC doesn't cost 3-4x the price, there are millions and millions more PC players with better hardware than all next gen consoles combined, and multiplied by a few times, and ps5 is no where near a 3700x. Now it's your turn to try and disprove any of the facts I laid out.
Oh big surprise. You're still looking for things to argue about lmao.

You gotta relax man. Everything is emotion and repetition with you. I've sourced why the 3700 is the most comparable cpu, i've told you why the 3300 isn't, but here we go with you ignoring all of that just to continue baseless arguments over the same points. Hopefully you learn conceding isn't the end of the world. Looked like you were finally on the verge of doing so too before this 180 right back to this shit lol

If you read my post you'd see I chose the 3100 simply due to price. My whole point was I chose minimum parts and still couldn't get anything below 2x the price. It wasn't a build to last the generation, it was simply to get similar performance to the PS5 right now with the GPU that schlong was touting (3060ti). I even said that if you chose better parts you'd get closer to the number you were saying (3-4x) and therefore proving your point that a comparable PC is more expensive which it is.

I never said the 3100 was a comparable CPU spec wise, it was simply used for a price comparison and current performance numbers at console resolutions. That doesn't mean it's a 3700 though. It's more comparable to a 8 core laptop Ryzen chip then a 3700.

Last edited:
If you read my post you'd see I chose the 3100 simply due to price. My whole point was I chose minimum parts and still couldn't get anything below 2x the price. It wasn't a build to last the generation, it was simply to get similar performance to the PS5 right now with the GPU that schlong was touting (3060ti). I even said that if you chose better parts you'd get closer to the number you were saying (3-4x) and therefore proving your point that a comparable PC is more expensive which it is.

I never said the 3100 was a comparable CPU spec wise, it was simply used for a price comparison and current performance numbers at console resolutions. That doesn't mean it's a 3700 though. It's more comparable to a 8 core laptop Ryzen chip then a 3700.
Ah ok. If the point you wanted to make was its 2x the price of ps5 for a PC that still isn't as powerful, than yes good job. Thats not how I interpreted the post. Thought you were trying to say the 3100 is comparable cpu to the PS5's.

I will say on this topic we likely need maybe another year for a more proper comparison, since thats the rough timeframe of developers focusing on solely next gen built games. This has been the case always, as games around launch are never fully capitalizing on next gen specs. Until then I feel strongly based on the specs the 3700 is the most comparable, but this is a discussion I won't argue much when I don't believe were deep enough into next gen consoles for a proper comparison.

Ah ok. If the point you wanted to make was its 2x the price of ps5 for a PC that still isn't as powerful, than yes good job. Thats not how I interpreted the post. Thought you were trying to say the 3100 is comparable cpu to the PS5's.

I will say on this topic we likely need maybe another year for a more proper comparison, since thats the rough timeframe of developers focusing on solely next gen built games. This has been the case always, as games around launch are never fully capitalizing on next gen specs. Until then I feel strongly based on the specs the 3700 is the most comparable, but this is a discussion I won't argue much when I don't believe were deep enough into next gen consoles for a proper comparison.
Wouldn't the 3700x on pc gain performance the same way you want the ps5 cpu to? Even though they are no way in any shape or form, similar? Look at the difference in cache alone. That would be a very telling sign. But then again, I'm sure you haven't looked into the technical aspects, based on your previous posts. Look it up, there's a lot for you to learn!

GametimeUK

The PS5 if we are strictly talking new releases is a very compelling purchase when put against a PC at its price point. The tweaks the developers sometimes use to get a game performing on console have limited impact to visuals in motion, but massive performance gains. It sucks when the PC graphics menu doesn't let you replicate the same settings as on consoles. Checkerboard 4K on Horizon PS4 was great and it should be in the PC version.

To be fair on the contrary PC sometimes has these kind of settings (rare occasions) like DLSS. PS5 is running Control at 1440p with a bunch of low settings and limited Ray Tracing. PC with DLSS you can bump the settings up higher and still output a 1440p like image.

PC is always going to be the way forward for me, but these new consoles are producing some amazing results too

Topher

Gold Member
I never said the reason for my laptop purchase had anything to do with console performance lol. I just needed a laptop and why not get a gaming one lol. My ASUS TUF fx505dt, with 32gb ram and 2tb ssd upgrade, cost roughly $900 and run games at the equivalent of ps4 pro. And this is at 1080p, not even 4k the ps4 pro is capable of. My understanding is laptops are generally more expensive than desktops, but still, this thing only makes me appreciate the ps5 more.

Yeah, but that is an additional cost you had to endure because consoles cannot accomplish what your laptop can. You have to take that into account if you are going to evaluate the value each device brings to the table.

That's my entire point on cost: it isn't that cut and dried. It cannot be simply dismissed.

Wouldn't the 3700x on pc gain performance the same way you want the ps5 cpu to? Even though they are no way in any shape or form, similar? Look at the difference in cache alone. That would be a very telling sign. But then again, I'm sure you haven't looked into the technical aspects, based on your previous posts. Look it up, there's a lot for you to learn!
I would certainly hope it does when its a cpu that has the same price tag as a next gen console! We'll see what happens when focused next gen games come out on next gen consoles + PC

Yeah, but that is an additional cost you had to endure because consoles cannot accomplish what your laptop can. You have to take that into account if you are going to evaluate the value each device brings to the table.

That's my entire point on cost: it isn't that cut and dried. It cannot be simply dismissed.
What are you talking about bro lol I just told you my PS5 is capable of more than my more expensive laptop and that my laptop purchase had nothing to do with gaming lol I just needed one for general use.

Topher

Gold Member
What are you talking about bro lol I just told you my PS5 is capable of more than my more expensive laptop and that my laptop purchase had nothing to do with gaming lol I just needed one for general use.

The "general use" is exactly what I'm talking about. Your PS5 cannot do that.

Last edited:
The "general use" is exactly what I'm talking about. Your PS5 cannot do that.
Yes I think everyone is well aware laptops don't just game lol. That has never been part of the discussion, cause of course individual needs come into play with purchases. The discussion is solely gaming, and if you want to game on PC at the equivalent power of PS5, you will be paying 4x the price. That has been the only point i've argued.

Yes I think everyone is well aware laptops don't just game lol. That has never been part of the discussion, cause of course individual needs come into play with purchases. The discussion is solely gaming, and if you want to game on PC at the equivalent power of PS5, you will be paying 4x the price. That has been the only point i've argued.
I feel you are just trolling at this point. 4x the money upfront? That's been disproven already, multiple times. Why not show us a pc barely breathing ps5 for 4x the price, minimum. Do you have a ps5 currently? Can it play blu ray or not?

I feel you are just trolling at this point. 4x the money upfront? That's been disproven already, multiple times. Why not show us a pc barely breathing ps5 for 4x the price, minimum. Do you have a ps5 currently? Can it play blu ray or not?
Oh goodness lol you just never give up with your emotional repetition. Don't expect serious replies from me anymore buddy. You're the guy who said get 3100 gpu and "basic cpu" for same price as ps5, who used Borderlands 3 benchmarks to judge PS5 capabilities, and who ignores all my sourced facts and just continues the same baseless arguments. I think you've earned being treated as a joke lol

Oh goodness lol you just never give up with your emotional repetition. Don't expect serious replies from me anymore buddy. You're the guy who said get 3100 gpu and "basic cpu" for same price as ps5, who used Borderlands 3 benchmarks to judge PS5 capabilities, and who ignores all my sourced facts and just continues the same baseless arguments. I think you've earned being treated as a joke lol
Do you think last gen games require more or less cpu and gpu resources? If I play an older game that may have had performance issues with an older GPU I had back then, it will easily play maxed out with a better gpu. Don't you think ps5 should handle COD, Hitman, or control with better performance? Especially as it's last gen we you say, and as more demanding games are yet to come?

Topher

Gold Member

I'm making it a part of the discussion because I think it is a valid point. You sunk money into your laptop because consoles do not accommodate your "general use". It doesn't make sense to only argue cost when it is convenient. That laptop could have been a kick ass gaming PC. You already spent $900. Another $500 (the cost of a console) and you are nearly there according to your 3x-4x metric. Add in the savings from online gaming over the years and you are.

Bottom line: I'm typing on my gaming PC right now. I write code on this PC. I do all kinds of things on this PC my console can't. Sorry, but there is value there whether you want to admit it or not.

buster keaton the blacksmith GIF by Maudit

Do you think last gen games require more or less cpu and gpu resources? If I play an older game that may have had performance issues with an older GPU I had back then, it will easily play maxed out with a better gpu. Don't you think ps5 should handle COD, Hitman, or control with better performance? Especially as it's last gen we you say, and as more demanding games are yet to come?
This is going to be my last reply to you lol I gotta stop entertaining this nonsense. I'm well aware you're a teenager, so let me inform you that no console generation had games that took full advantage of it right out of the gate. The fact you are defending yourself using Borderlands 3 and DMC5 as what the PS5 is fully capable of is just insane lmao.

I'm making it a part of the discussion because I think it is a valid point. You sunk money into your laptop because consoles do not accommodate your "general use". It doesn't make sense to only argue cost when it is convenient. That laptop could have been a kick ass gaming PC. You already spent $900. Another $500 (the cost of a console) and you are nearly there according to your 3x-4x metric. Add in the savings from online gaming over the years and you are.

Bottom line: I'm typing on my gaming PC right now. I write code on this PC. I do all kinds of things on this PC my console can't. Sorry, but there is value there whether you want to admit it or not.

buster keaton the blacksmith GIF by Maudit
Of course its a valid point, if we were having that discussion. If you want to interject that, than sure, but its a completely different topic than what was being "debated". Individual needs will and should always be the driving force of a purchase. So, if the individual need is STRICTLY gaming, than once more, you pay 4x the amount for a PC as powerful as next gen consoles.

If you don't own a next gen console + need a laptop beyond the gaming aspects, than maybe paying that 4x is worth it. Or, maybe you want a ps5 to hook up to your 4k TV and a Macbook Air which will cost less in total. Idk, its all on the individual.

But again. What was being discussed is purely gaming.

Last edited:
This is going to be my last reply to you lol I gotta stop entertaining this nonsense. I'm well aware you're a teenager, so let me inform you that no console generation had games that took full advantage of it right out of the gate. The fact you are defending yourself using Borderlands 3 and DMC5 as what the PS5 is fully capable of is just insane lmao.
I never used any example, just a video that takes use of cpu, which is a handful of examples of ps5 cpu performance. If ps5 is failing at this, I don't see why you wouldn't use a poor excuse like that to nope out of the conversation the moment the heat gets too hot for you 🔥. I'd probably do the same back when I was a kid, called out, with no clue how to save myself. Great bail out excuse. People's always run away when they get cornered, but that's not your situation, right?

If you have no evidence to refute even one of my facts, I don't see why you are trying to save face.

Last edited:
I never used any example, just a video that takes use of cpu, which is a handful of examples of ps5 cpu performance. If ps5 is failing at this, I don't see why you wouldn't use a poor excuse like that to nope out of the conversation the moment the heat gets too hot for you 🔥. I'd probably do the same back when I was a kid, called out, with no clue how to save myself. Great bail out excuse. People's always run away when they get cornered, but that's not your situation, right?

If you have no evidence to refute even one of my facts, I don't see why you are trying to save face.
"I never used any example, I just linked a video that used those examples" lmfaooooo

"I never used any example, I just linked a video that used those examples" lmfaooooo
Did i personally use those games? No. I linked you to a video to showcase the cpu differences, to prove why ps5 is no where near a 3700x. Doesn't have similar cache sizes, bandwith, power limits, etc. More like a laptop cpu than a 3700x. But nice try trying to change the narrative, vs actually commenting on the results? No comment there huh?

You do realize I'm not shitting on ps5, but simply proving, time after time, ps5 can't do what a PC can, in terms of gaming or productivity. Might cost more up front, but you can't recoup that money on a ps5, using AutoCAD, photoshop, protools, etc.

In terms of gaming, might as well get a cheap PC and a ps5. See, in not even advocating for deciding to not get a ps5. Get both of them and you can play 99% of games better than consoles, and you can still play your exclusives.

Last edited:
Did i personally use those games? No. I linked you to a video to showcase the cpu differences, to prove why ps5 is no where near a 3700x. Doesn't have similar cache sizes, bandwith, power limits, etc. More like a laptop cpu than a 3700x. But nice try trying to change the narrative, vs actually commenting on the results? No comment there huh?

You do realize I'm not shitting on ps5, but simply proving, time after time, ps5 can't do what a PC can, in terms of gaming or productivity. Might cost more up front, but you can't recoup that money on a ps5, using AutoCAD, photoshop, protools, etc.

In terms of gaming, might as well get a cheap PC and a ps5. See, in not even advocating for deciding to not get a ps5. Get both of them and you can play 99% of games better than consoles, and you can still play your exclusives.
"I didn't personally use those games, I just linked a video that does to try to argue with you and now i'm backtracking" loll

Top Bottom