• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 is a lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's this cross-gen bullshit! We need to get rid of it! Last-gen people have to understand their time passed already and they should move on and cherish the good times had, instead of holding back the resplendent promise of a next-gen future that is owed to us!

That's right guys. We are owed. And we will collect! With both hands!

It has definitely gone a bit sideways. 😅
IT'S STILL GOING :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Literally half this thread right now:

Freaking Out GIF

I have actively stopped looking for available PS5 stock and will just wait until they're more plentiful. The only thing that excites me is Demon's Souls and I have a sneaking suspicion that Sony cynically didn't release that on PS4 to funnel people toward buying a PS5 - but what's the point when you can't?

I have never had any issue with purchasing a console for "one game" like others seem to, but for the first time I don't see the point of rushing to get a PS5 when Xbox keep delivering and Game Pass exists.

Hopefully I will be playing Demon's Souls soon!

skakmk

Remember when PlayStation showed the same games two E3's in a row? Things have been really bad at PlayStation(creatively) since like 2016
when they switched focus away from PS4/VITA to VR, Moved HQ to Cali and became WokeStation/CensorStation
Yes. Agreed, yesterdays state of play was oozing wokeness to such an extent that it made me uncomfortable.

I don't want politics in my video games, at least not in its blatant current form. I read and watch news for that. Artistic expression has political undertones but the great works stood for something more worthy than cringe politics like the radio game crap they pulled yesterday.

I can't but bear this blatant Californication at Sony. It has always been my favorite gaming company. You can see all my PS4 platinum trophies if you don't believe me but I can't financially support a Company that is pushing this unscientific ideology that I don't subscribe to.

That's why all my game purchases this gen have been from MS. I got a ps5 recently for DS/Returnal but I will only buy these games used.

It is with great sadness that I might be slowly bidding Farewell to Sony!

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It's this cross-gen bullshit! We need to get rid of it! Last-gen people have to understand their time passed already and they should move on and cherish the good times had, instead of holding back the resplendent promise of a next-gen future that is owed to us!

That's right guys. We are owed. And we will collect! With both hands!
Fuck cross gen we crossing years in here

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
So because MS announced almost all games for the whole generation, Sony also needs to announce everything? We know already what we can play in the first months of 2022. We will see another showcase before the summer for the future of PS5.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I mean…

PS5 owners played at least one exclusive each quarter this year.

Like usual.

I don’t think they did or every game would have sold 10 million units. It’s more, They had the option to play an exclusive, but they chose not to and they definitely didn’t buy returnal which makes me sadge.

N30RYU

It is all a dream... until you go to a store and see lots of PS5 and XsX they aren't officially released

RPS37

I see what guy is saying. But the only thing stopping me from copping a PS5 right now is the idea of a PS5 Pro with more storage.
I want to finish TLOU2, Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima in the best quality possible.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I've loved the brand since day 1... bought everything... and I own a PS5 now.

Something feels off to me. That's often dismissed as a "boomer" problem. Fair enough.

Maybe I'll be happy once Horizon and GT7 drop... but for me the delay of those games really diminished the hype of buying the thing at launch. I understand the launch isn't important to a lot of people.. but it's always been a big deal to me... and you only get to do it once per console. I wasn't a fan of this one. A big reason is that we aren't seeing the massive technical leaps of the PS2, PS3... so we need incredible exclusive games in their place.

I just recently played GT3 ... and the feeling of booting that game in 2001 was absolutely incredible. New consoles "well you can play this on the last gen... just in lower resolution". Nowhere near as exciting.

I also own a Series X. And because of Forza and Halo it will probably be the only console I really play over the holiday ... a first for an Xbox console in this house.

And last... that state of play this afternoon made me sick to my stomach.

Here's to a better 2022, Sony.
I can't say I agree but we do know Sony is bringing the 🔥 early in 2022

fallingdove

Most of Microsoft announced titles are next gen only.

Starfield
Avowed
Perfect Dark
InXile FPS RPG (has been confirmed, just not officially announced)
Hellblade 2
Forza Motorsport
Contraband
Redfall
Fable
The Outer Worlds 2
Indiana Jones (not confirmed, but safe bet)
Flight Simulator

PS5 next gen only games
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Destruction AllStars
Demon's Souls
Astro's Playroom? I think it is.
Deathloop (Next-Gen only PS5 timed exclusive)
Ghostwire: Tokyo (Next-Gen only PS5 timed exclusive)

So there have been some.

I hope you are getting a promotion at Microsoft this quarter - you go HARD. Love your posts though. They typically have a decent amount of thought behind them. Seriously, thank you.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
History should've shown you to never be an early adopter. Sony always show you the games that suppose to launch and then go "lol, no, coming the following year or two years from original date". All the spicy games will be there in '23.
All of them do this. I think it was Avowed that we just learned is still in preproduction

Babies do start at 0 lol. If the baby was born in January then at February they would be 1 month old, not 1 year and 1 month.
Babies start at zero... it is their first year, Year 1. When they turn 1 years old, they are starting their 2nd year of life, Year 2. You seem confused as to how years work.
Television shows don't begin at Season 0, they start at Season 1, same principle.

Last edited:

CuNi

I can't believe that there is a serious attempt going on in this thread to explain bitbydeath bitbydeath how counting works.

On-topic:
It's hard to say whether it's because of the shortage of consoles that we see so many cross-gen games or if it was their plan all along.
I don't have neither of the next gen consoles but I feel like "triple A" game output currently is low across the board, not just Consoles but PC as well.

nbkicker

I honestly feel that apart from new ratchet game, i could have just been playing on my ps4 pro still and not felt like ive missed out on anything , considering sony keep coming up with how the ps5 has outsold ps4 in the same amount of time yet the amount of games out is a joke, and to make it worse at the min sonys big hitters are all coming to ps4

I see what guy is saying. But the only thing stopping me from copping a PS5 right now is the idea of a PS5 Pro with more storage.
I want to finish TLOU2, Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima in the best quality possible.
I would personally wait for the PS6.

I'm not in a hurry to update. New God of War and Horizon on my PS4 Pro will look good enough I bet.

cormack12

Gold Member
Wtf is this thread?

PS5 released in Nov 2020 - In the last year of the PS4, Naughty Dog released The Last of Us Pt. II, Sucker Punch released Ghost of Tsushima and an entirely new God of War was only two years old. If you had expectations any of these studio's would have a launch game ready then that's on you.

The actual disappointments have been:
Horizon: Forbidden West should have been ready much earlier. Even the original date was a little out for my liking. It should have been within 6 months of launch. Then we also have had the delays which can be attributed to covid I guess.
GT7 should have been next gen only and again, ready for within six months of launch

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Time to put on your big boy trousers OP and just accept that the video games industry has changed for the permanent worse, and there’s fuck all you can do about it.

The days of true new generations is gone. Console exclusives will go next.

You can scream about it, or just accept it and enjoy the games that come out for what they are.

Boglin

Babies start at zero... it is their first year, Year 1. When they turn 1 years old, they are starting their 2nd year of life, Year 2. You seem confused as to how years work.
Television shows don't begin at Season 0, they start at Season 1, same principle.
No, dummy.
The first 12 months of a babies life don't count and their first year hasn't started yet. Their first year doesn't start until more than a year has passed.

Also, babies prior to birth are in a yet to be understood "negative time" bubble. You'll sometimes hear people point out this phenomenon by telling a pregnant woman that she's glowing.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
I just wanted to make a small thread about the current state of games on PS5, and how everybody (including me) criticized Microsoft about their first games' showcase for Xbox Series X because all, if not most of the games unveiled were cross-gen.

Then, Sony released their PlayStation showcase, announcing all these games and everybody (including me) were so excited about the future of PlayStation, and how all these games looked so good. Everybody made reaction videos on Youtube and said that Sony won by a land side and that XSX had nothing to offer!

Move forward to today, and I just realized that almost every game announced for PS5 since then has been cross gen, even games that were announced later like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War.

While I understand that they don't want to ignore a 100 million user base, I feel like this gen hasn't even started yet. I remember when the PS4 launched, I was already excited by games that were announced for the console that were going to be out in 2014 and beyond, like inFamous Second Son, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, etc.

Were are about to enter the PS5 second year, and how many games have they announced that will be PS5 only? Worst of all, we don't even know if games that they announced, are going to come out and they just haven't told us yet, exactly like it happened with GT, Horizon and GOW! They lied!

Well, let's be objective. They din't lie! Sony was smart(ass) about it, and probably since they watched the bad reaction from Xbox Series X showcase, they prefer to omit that 99% of those games were cross-gen.

I believe this is the first generation which doesn't really have excitement for games in regard of the new gen power. Like, remember when they announced all those games for PS3 and looked so incredible (whether they turned out good or bad)? Remember Motorstorm, FFvXIII, LAIR, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, MGS4? All those game looked way beyond anything that was made before.

During PS4 announcement, even inFamous Second Son looks so great at the time! Hell, The Order 1886 still looks amazing! Yet, during PS5, there hasn only been one new AAA IP announcement, and the excitement comes from the established franchise, not exactly because they looks so good. Yes, they look better than before, but not something as good as PS2 to PS3 or PS3 to PS4!

Also, sadly, the same can be said of Xbox Series X. Microsoft hasn't also announced anything truly next-gen! What's going on? People will said, COVID happened, but this is not just about COVID at all. It's weird that Sony is not leading with the games as they have before. I think it's because PlayStation Studios are stretching themselves so they can do movies and tv shows, when IMO, they should just stick with games since that's what they know and do best.
Funniest shit about it is Matt Booty (head honcho of XGS) said that first-party Xbox Games will be cross-gen for a year or two. And was ridiculed for that. Jimbo meanwhile said "we believe in generations" which turned out to be bullshit and exact PR shit that I hate. Meanwhile Booty was right and honest from beginning.

And now, Xbox is first to switch to next-gen development only. Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite are last cross-gen games by Xbox's first-party and from next year it i next-gen only - Redfall, Starfield, Deathloop, Forza Motorsport (probably) in 2022, Avowed, GhostWire: Tokyo, Hellblade II, Contraband, Fable etc in 2023 and so on. Meanwhile Sony has 3 cross-gen exclusive games (God of War, Horizon and Gran Turismo) with no first-party next-gen exclusive in sight.

Last edited:
No, dummy.
The first 12 months of a babies life don't count and their first year hasn't started yet. Their first year doesn't start until they are more than a year has passed.

Also, babies prior to birth are in a yet to be understood "negative time" bubble. You'll sometimes hear people point out this phenomenon by telling a pregnant woman that she's glowing.
Finally a smart person.👍👍

No, dummy.
The first 12 months of a babies life don't count and their first year hasn't started yet. Their first year doesn't start until they are more than a year has passed.

That is just absolutely asinine. The first 12 months are the first year of life. The second 12 months are the second year of life. This is stuff that kindergarten children understand. How people are even debating this? Pure insanity in this thread. When you turn 1, you're STARTING your 2nd year of life. Someone who is only 8 months old is still in their FIRST year of life.
This past year was the first year of the generation for PS5 and Xbox. 1 year is almost over, and we will enter the 2nd year. Where are you guys even coming up with this nonsense?

Finally a smart person.👍👍
Lol you guys are actually out of your minds. When you start a baseball game, are they in the 0 inning? No, it's the first inning. First lap of a race is called... drumroll please, LAP 1. Season 1 of a TV show is (gasp) the FIRST SEASON, not season 0.
Moving to a hard "ignore" on this thread. I don't know wtf is going on in your head. I can only hope that English is not your first language.

Last edited:
this generation so far has been the worst i can remember and i've had every playstation at launch. was excited for it and then...no games and almost impossible to even get a console.

i'll keep my PS4 another couple years and try get a PS5 Slim when that's out if there's any games worth playing by then.

Last edited:

cragarmi

So because MS announced almost all games for the whole generation, Sony also needs to announce everything? We know already what we can play in the first months of 2022. We will see another showcase before the summer for the future of PS5.
And another SoP In Dec, which will likely tease a few things for 2022s second half. Xbox blew their load already, PS5 still has cards to play here.

cHaOs667

The only really shocking thing in this thread are people mixing up that something is within its first year, or if something is already one year old.

martino

Time to put on your big boy trousers OP and just accept that the video games industry has changed for the permanent worse, and there’s fuck all you can do about it.

The days of true new generations is gone. Console exclusives will go next.

You can scream about it, or just accept it and enjoy the games that come out for what they are.
good, bad, better, worst seems really relative when i read post like that.
Current situation seems only bad if you are plastic brand warrior.the deeper in this shit the worst the feeling get.
For other people current situation is mostly more choice to do thing how you want.Surely bad !

Soodanim

Gold Member
The only really shocking thing in this thread are people mixing up that something is within its first year, or if something is already one year old.
I'm fucking baffled at the lack of reading comprehension so many people have. I'm not even going to bother trying to explain it to them, they're lost causes.
Lol you guys are actually out of your minds. When you start a baseball game, are they in the 0 inning? No, it's the first inning. First lap of a race is called... drumroll please, LAP 1. Season 1 of a TV show is (gasp) the FIRST SEASON, not season 0.
Moving to a hard "ignore" on this thread. I don't know wtf is going on in your head. I can only hope that English is not your first language.
If they keep arguing after this it has to be trolling, there's no way people can be that stupid.

Boglin

That is just absolutely asinine. The first 12 months are the first year of life. The second 12 months are the second year of life. This is stuff that kindergarten children understand. How people are even debating this? Pure insanity in this thread. When you turn 1, you're STARTING your 2nd year of life. Someone who is only 8 months old is still in their FIRST year of life.
This past year was the first year of the generation for PS5 and Xbox. 1 year is almost over, and we will enter the 2nd year. Where are you guys even coming up with this nonsense?
Did the second half of my post really not give you any sort of hint that I was joking?

I figured my words literally contradicting themselves within the first half woundn't be enough for it to be clear to some people that I'm actually agreeing with you but damn.

Last edited:

LMJ

Covid really did a number on the gaming industry (regardless of what you think of the actual illness) the lockdowns are the key reason for the state of the PS5 and the XseX/s...

Japan
Huge swaths of Europe
California

Some of the largest development communities there are were in extensive lockdown and it definitely had an impact on the 9th generation...

That having been said lol No the PS5 isn't a lie!

The actual system is a powerhouse that's barely been tapped ( see reason above) and the same for the XseX

Plenty of next gen only titles ARE coming, they've just been pushed hella back by the delays

as for those whining and moaning about the state of the industry, there is more variation in the gaming spectrum today then there has ever been before, from VR to Switch to PS and XB exclusive titles let alone PC. If you can't find something fun to play, you're not looking ;)

The censorship/ progressive purity gets old, but it will pass eventually...

chilichote

Also, sadly, the same can be said of Xbox Series X. Microsoft hasn't also announced anything truly next-gen! What's going on? People will said, COVID happened, but this is not just about COVID at all. It's weird that Sony is not leading with the games as they have before. I think it's because PlayStation Studios are stretching themselves so they can do movies and tv shows, when IMO, they should just stick with games since that's what they know and do best.
So... the XB Series X is also a lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom