• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Plus Collection will come at no extra cost to PS+ Subscribers

bitbydeath

For PlayStation Plus members, we’ll have a special new offering on PS5 – the PlayStation Plus Collection**. PS5 owners with PS Plus will be able to download and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more. The PS Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PS Plus members receive for a single subscription price.

**Availability of PlayStation Plus Collection titles may vary by country. The Plus Collection is not available in China.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I feel like this is only here to placate people and make them look the other way - because instead of getting 2 free PS5 games every month, your PS+ subscription now just gets you a rotating selection of last-gen games.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this just straight up replaces the existing "free games" program.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I feel like this is only here to placate people and make them look the other way - because instead of getting 2 free PS5 games every month, your PS+ subscription now just gets you a rotating selection of last-gen games.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this just straight up replaces the existing "free games" program.

They said it’s added on top of the current benefits, so we’ll see I guess.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They said it’s added on top of the current benefits, so we’ll see I guess.
Seems like it'd be highly confusing for a lot of people. Get two free games every month, keep them for as long as you're subscribed. Also, get a bunch of other free games as long as you're subscribed, but these are different for reasons.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seems like it'd be highly confusing for a lot of people. Get two free games every month, keep them for as long as you're subscribed. Also, get a bunch of other free games as long as you're subscribed, but these are different for reasons.

It’s probably going to be under a collection tab and not rotate out until they drop it. Similar to how they did it when the Vita launched. They had that group of 4 or 5 Vita games included on Plus that was under a bundle tab.

Iced Arcade

I want more details. Is this a 1 and done collection, will more 1st parties continue to be added, is this replacing PSN+'s free monthly games etc

Business

“I already played or I was not interested enough to pay for these games when they launched but now I’m gonna pay a subscription fee ad infinitum so I have access to this selection and hopefully one day push myself to install one of the games I barely care for and enjoy the dated graphics and mechanics. It’s amazing value have you even counted how much I’m saving here?”

Hard pass.

Krisprolls

Banned
It's awesome value for making people change ecosystem. If you go from Xbox to PS5, it's absolutely huge. You instantly get tons of great games for free.

I'm a PS fan but I'm still happy though because I didn't play RE7, MKX, Days Gone or Arkham Knight, maybe more.

That's when I realize I play a bit less than some of you here.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Makes sense as no one in their right mind will pay for 5 y.o. games that they're already played. What a terrible offering.

Gamerguy84

This is a big deal. I wonder what they'll do with PSNOW to add value.

I know whoever jumps on PS for the first time will be busy for a while with some very hi quality games.

jaysius

Banned
Excellent! I can't wait for PS4 to get left in the dust even more than we already are on the monthly joke games, I mean FREE AMAZING VALUE GAMES.

Good thing I'm subscribed to Plus until June 2025. The bad news about this is I've already owned the physical copies of all those games on that list. Lol.

Last edited:

gojira96

So this doesn't mean these specific games will have PS5 enhancements, right?
Bummer, Uncharted 4 and Arkham Knight already look great, but imagine running on next-gen (well, at least with unlocked frames!)

Damn, was hoping it would include GoT but all well. Still a decent list for anyone who hasn’t played any of those games. Doesn’t hold a candle to GP though.

diffusionx

Gold Member
IMO this is a smart move that makes the PS5 digital version a bit more enticing, even if you have these games on disc for PS4.

iamvin22

Industry Verified

the library has to build first.

Ozzie666

There are some good titles there, some I traded in, some games I never finished. It's a nice freebie (sort of). It's a nice addition for sure. Maybe not a megaton, but it's out of left field for sure. Looking forward to some of those titles.

Top Bottom