• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation 5 will dictate Future tech tendencies when It comes to hardware

sneas78

Banned
Yeah, what Sony is doing has all the devs talking about it. That is great to hear. It’s almost as they are letting other devs talk about the ps5.. not sure if that was intentional or what, but the news is spreading like fire. However Xbox has the TF power advantage.. it will be ok for everyone. Im just surprised I’m this much hype for ps5. Man it’s going to be revolutionary isn’t it guys? .. all this upcoming gen from both sides.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Yeah, what Sony is doing has all the devs talking about it. That is great to hear. It’s almost as they are letting other devs talk about the ps5.. not sure if that was intentional or what, but the news is spreading like fire. However Xbox has the TF power advantage.. it will be ok for everyone. Im just surprised I’m this much hype for ps5. Man it’s going to be revolutionary isn’t it guys? .. all this upcoming gen from both sides.
If a mid-range PC GPU from 2019 and a mobile variant of a 2019 CPU is revolutionary to you in 2020, then yes. But it's worth to keep your expectations in check. A PS5 is 2.5x PS4 Pro. With a much better CPU. It's not going to be a revolution, that's precisely why all console manufacturers have been talking for years about how pure power is not the important thing anymore because of Moore's Law. It's about using it in smarter ways. A 10 TF and a 12 TF console may look exciting on paper, but the truth is that PC was at 14 TF since two years ago and will reach 20 TF by the end of the year, will have CPUs that are a generation ahead of the console stuff and that next gen consoles will still run PC medium to high equivalent settings. Because at the end of the day, these consoles are just that, AMD powered PCs.

Journey

Banned
They ain't gonna be dictating jack shit.

I peed my pants laughing at this reply :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Xbox One X design, vapor chamber, efficiency, form factor and overall power and ability to produce true 4K games at current gen standards like Read Dead Redemption 2 didn't dictate shit either, no one ever made that claim that MS would lead the way in console technology and they're still not doing it, but just because Sony creating an interesting SSD, suddenly they're leading the way in console technology. Give me a f*cking break

ZywyPL

Banned
Haha, I’m going to start calling it the PS5 “Secret Sauce Drive”. The PS5 SSD.

(There really isn’t much to the faster SSD. It’s cool, but it isn’t the game changer it’s being talked up to be.).

PSSD5 ;)

I agree. But in-engine does give you a look at the assets, texture quality etc.

Actually - the gap between in-engine cut-scenes and the actual gameplay is getting thinner and thinner each year, so who knows, maybe it will indeed become indistinguishable on upcoming consoles.

LordOfChaos

CGI and In Engine are not the same thing.

The fact that this is possible on a $500 console makes that point mute. We went from 1.2 base to this:
I don’t see any games from 2019 look like that.

It's not CGI and it is in engine, but it also runs at 74 per cent of 4K and at 80 per cent of 30fps in that engine demo. Not representative of final output at all, because at the very least it wont run at 24fps...

Journey

Banned
It's a nice angle, but I think the other end looks really, really bad with that base:

pgTU9bB.png

VIyIayK.png

Just my preference. But I would prefer feet on the corners than the round plate in the middle. It would look better and maybe even have better airflow.

But I'm no engineer so they probably made the right decision with that design.

sneas78

Banned
It's not CGI and it is in engine, but it also runs at 74 per cent of 4K and at 80 per cent of 30fps in that engine demo. Not representative of final output at all, because at the very least it wont run at 24fps...

Bookmarked. Ninja Theory will deliver despite what you say. And in the final version will not be able to tell the difference between the trailer and the game.

LordOfChaos

Bookmarked
Bookmarked. Ninja Theory will deliver despite what you say. And in the final version will not be able to tell the difference between the trailer and the game.

Looks like I unknowingly stumbled into a touchy subject...
I don't think it won't look amazing. I'm just waiting to see the final output that can't be running at 80% of 30fps, even if we grant resolution staying the same.

sneas78

Banned
Looks like I unknowingly stumbled into a touchy subject...
I don't think it won't look amazing. I'm just waiting to see the final output that can't be running at 80% of 30fps, even if we grant resolution staying the same.
I agree. There is no release date nothing on this. Ninja theory prob. Just put something together for that reveal. But god damn we know ninja theory will deliver.

Top Bottom