• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation 5 Is Starting to Look Like the Revolution It Promised

Status
Not open for further replies.
high quality GIF

There's been maybe 3 games that are interesting on the platform. Nothing that screams must have. Future is bright, but this has been the easiest start of a generation I've participated of the last 25 years that I don't really feel like I'm missing out on by waiting. I plan on picking up a PS5 but as it stands there's nothing on either next-gen console that has me jonesing for a purchase.

I get that people want to justify their purchase, but if they were honest with themselves they'd admit that PS5 is essentially a new system that really is good for playing PS4 games at the moment. It's gonna be a while before we see exciting, new, groundbreaking games that make the purchase worth it for already existing PS4 owners.
6 months into a console release I guess it has to have 20 next gen games. Like what is this garbage post? I shouldn't have got PS5 cause half a year into release theres only like 8 next gen games? Who cares that they're all amazing, the dual sense, upgraded ps4 games, etc. Bad purchase cause new console isn't overloaded w games.

Lol.

Last edited:

LMJ

high quality GIF

There's been maybe 3 games that are interesting on the platform. Nothing that screams must have. Future is bright, but this has been the easiest start of a generation I've participated of the last 25 years that I don't really feel like I'm missing out on by waiting. I plan on picking up a PS5 but as it stands there's nothing on either next-gen console that has me jonesing for a purchase.

I get that people want to justify their purchase, but if they were honest with themselves they'd admit that PS5 is essentially a new system that really is good for playing PS4 games at the moment. It's gonna be a while before we see exciting, new, groundbreaking games that make the purchase worth it for already existing PS4 owners.

Lmao. I have a PS5 and XSX and this has been the lamest launch year of a new gen yet. N64 with Mario was revolutionary, Xbox with Halo CE was revolutionary.

Was hyped to get my hands on a PS5 at launch and play Demon’s Souls, the first next gen game. Graphics were really nice but after a few hours the novelty wore off and I realized I was just playing a spruced up PS3 game.

6 months after launch and I still haven’t been wowed by anything and just play last or cross gen games 99% of the time. These consoles in a year or two should be cool though.

The thing the two of you (and many others) need to understand is this was NOT the way these launches would have gone without the Wuhan virus, Covid made companies close their doors and employees work from home, collaborating on a game as a team would be EXTREMELY difficult... and some had to do this for months

Despite that and certain delays (Kena, Deathloop etc) Sony still has a number of exclusive titles that truely feel next gen and many more in the woodworks as well, plus a metric shitton of awesome late last gen titles to play enhanced in the meantime.
So many salty people with no ps5...

Screw you ya freakin prick...I was on your side lol
samuel l. jackson middle finger GIF by Lionsgate

From "in serious trouble" to a "revolution" in six months.

Either Sony managed a way to completely alter course within that six month span, or the media is incredibly short sighted and is trying to sell a narrative for clicks rather than being responsible and looking at reality. :pie_thinking:

What did they turn around exactly? All they've done is released a console and continued course? The complainers were only on Gaf.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
god game journalism is cringe worthy and pathetic.

Yeah this really does just read like a marketing piece for Sony, and that's before you factor in that they only interviewed people working for Sony or at first party studios/making games exclusively for PS5 (so of course they would sing the praises of PS5).

Bbc One Ted Hastings GIF by BBC

I do think this generation will be special but we don't need these stupid pat-self-on-the-back articles that provide nothing of substance whatsoever.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Lol there’s literally nothing really to back up that claim. There are barely any games out for the console that’s not available on ps4 as well.
  • Astrobot
  • Demon's Souls
  • Godfall
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
That's 6 games in just 7 months that are literally not available on PS4.

Now, are you bad at math or just a disingenuous salty troll?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Lol there’s literally nothing really to back up that claim. There are barely any games out for the console that’s not available on ps4 as well.
When you write stuff like this, what level of regret do you have when you see the replies?

Just in case you're going out today here is some sound advice. "lollipop_disappointed:

Before crossing the road.

Wait until traffic has stopped from both directions or the road is clear before crossing. Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing. Keep looking both ways, and listening, in case a driver or rider has not seen you and attempts to overtake a vehicle that has stopped.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Resogun was a system seller? That's like saying Geometry Wars was a system seller.

Papacheeks

Banned
Yeah this really does just read like a marketing piece for Sony, and that's before you factor in that they only interviewed people working for Sony or at first party studios/making games exclusively for PS5 (so of course they would sing the praises of PS5).

Bbc One Ted Hastings GIF by BBC

I do think this generation will be special but we don't need these stupid pat-self-on-the-back articles that provide nothing of substance whatsoever.

So far who has leveraged the hardware better with how games load first party for third party? Right now I'm not seeing any big difference on 2k, EA, ACTIVISION in utilizing PS5's special capabilities. I've seen Call of Duty and Borderlands 3 for PS5 use the dual sense with the actuators/triggers.

But seeing same type of load times for their games.

First party are designing for one hardware spec not multiple like 2k,EA,UBISOFT, ACTIVISION.
So those people using that hardware the way it was meant and designed instead of porting the config they used on PC, or on XBox Series x. I alot of times big third party make a config that is very scalable but they do so for it to run on things like the series s where all they have to do is tone down textures, rendering resolution ect.

There's nothing different in how the assets load into the memory even with a system with 7-8 usable gigs.
So though your probably are right in how they wrote this like a puff piece, i think there is some merrit in first party/exclusive third party developers who are making their engines/configs run using the workflow on PS5 as intended.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
6 months into a console release I guess it has to have 20 next gen games. Like what is this garbage post? I shouldn't have got PS5 cause half a year into release theres only like 8 next gen games? Who cares that they're all amazing, the dual sense, upgraded ps4 games, etc. Bad purchase cause new console isn't overloaded w games.

Lol.
You can get you panties in a wad all you want, but it's the truth. There isn't a "killer app" for either of the next-gen consoles that scream must have. There just plain isn't. Even 6 mos. into launch there still isn't anything. It has a ton of potential and some great prospects on the horizon, but as it stands now, the best things to play on the system are all exclusives from the previous gen.

I'm sorry that hurts your feelings in justifying your purchase of silicon, but it is what it is. I'm not an "enemy" here, I'll get a PS5 eventually, but only when it finally builds a library that makes a purchase worth it. I'll call it like I see it, I've been one to champion R&C as a great looking game, I'm just not rushing out to boot lick Sony(or MSFT) for finally putting out a single title that looks good and starting to utilize the features of the PS5.

Some of you are so high on your own farts that you refuse to acknowledge the truth of the situation and love to label anyone that disagrees with your obviously biased opinions as "garbage." Get over yourself dude.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
We have a product for advanced revolutionary gamers like you too….

images
When you write stuff like this, what level of regret do you have when you see the replies?

Just in case you're going out today here is some sound advice. "lollipop_disappointed:

Before crossing the road.

Wait until traffic has stopped from both directions or the road is clear before crossing. Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing. Keep looking both ways, and listening, in case a driver or rider has not seen you and attempts to overtake a vehicle that has stopped.

i stand by that comment, people are padding lists with games that are not out yet or coming to pc. Games that we have seen hundreds of times before. Hell the best game right now is a remake of a ps3 game.

it’s not even about lists. It’s that there is nothing new to warrant the title of revolution. It’s the same types of games we have always had. I am really sorry if that hurts some of you guys feelings. 😭

Derktron

Banned
Tell me you are a fanboy, without telling me you are a fanboy. --- The amount of ignorance is astonishing, this is a false a bias statement to make when both consoles aren't fully out, and what I mean by that is that yes these consoles are out but the games on that consoles are not enough and not only that no enough people who are legit have those systems. Plus there are no games on both systems out yet. Also can we stop with this bullshit, I'm so tired of seeing these fucking bias statements, Xbox now has those games and no one really says anything of that nature, also let's not forget about Nintendo and their lineup. STOP THE FUCKING BULLSHIT OF THE BIAS. I feel like I'm on Twitter and ResetEra.

If Xbox fans think theres zero exclusives games on PS5, what must they think about Xbox One, nevermind Xbox Series X. Im still waiting for exclusives there since GoT, TloU2...

After Ratchet and Clank, I dont see how Sony releases Horizon and God of War this year. Releasing GOW when they have more supply makes more sense.

Audiophile

I think the hardware is revolutionary when you get down to the nuts and bolts, but we're just not seeing it yet. Games are pretty much being scaled up but still with an ethos of -- and engines built for -- prior generations.

Give it til late 2022 and onwards and I think we'll be very pleasantly surprised. Minor bandwidth concerns aside, the hardware is about as balanced and efficient as it could possibly be.

I think the hardware is revolutionary when you get down to the nuts and bolts, but we're just not seeing it yet. Games are pretty much being scaled up but still with an ethos of -- and engines built for -- prior generations.

Give it til late 2022 and onwards and I think we'll be very pleasantly surprised. Minor bandwidth concerns aside, the hardware is about as balanced and efficient as it could possibly be.
Really got to ask you personally have you played either Returnal or Astro? Hell even WRC 9 or Spider-Man MM may count too at this point. Cause if you haven't shut the hell up.

brian0057

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

(I just want) one game
I don't know why
I bought a PS5 with no games to buy
Keep that in mind, they designed this drive to improve loading times
That's all I know
Console exclusives are key
Watch 'em fly by as they port to PC
Lose exclusives at the end of the gen
I have no games to play, it's so unfair
Didn't look out below
Throw my console right out the window
Try to hold on but I didn't even know
I wasted it all just to watch movies

I spend all my time inside
Now that launch hype has died, all I see are ports
Just like the PS3, it's remindin' me of a mеmory of a time when

Nice chap.
No, seriously that's a weak non-answer, really just answer my question. Or I can assume you haven't and then again follow it up with "you don't get to say what you just said without playing next-gen only games, if only games you played were cross-gen games!"

HoofHearted

Lol this thread…

Those that have PS5 - “no revolutionary games yet … nothing but PS4 rehashes”…

Those that don’t - “great article! Future is bright! Look at how far PS5 has come in 6 months!”…

Seriously peeps - I’m all for supporting your favorite console - but the available games aren’t “revolutionary” … yet. (For either console)

Though I admit I haven’t played Returnal yet - and R&C hasn’t been released - so perhaps there’s some hope there …

sircaw

Banned
Lol this thread…

Those that have PS5 - “no revolutionary games yet … nothing but PS4 rehashes”…

Those that don’t - “great article! Future is bright! Look at how far PS5 has come in 6 months!”…

Seriously peeps - I’m all for supporting your favorite console - but the available games aren’t “revolutionary” … yet. (For either console)

Though I admit I haven’t played Returnal yet - and R&C hasn’t been released - so perhaps there’s some hope there …
Get in line Cow features. The future is now. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
  • Astrobot
  • Demon's Souls
  • Godfall
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
That's 6 games in just 7 months that are literally not available on PS4.

Now, are you bad at math or just a disingenuous salty troll?
I dont think Tem Tem and that Indie game where you use a hawk to help you are on ps4 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom