• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pets And Animals Thread

Bullet Club

A thread to post about your pets, animal news stories and funny animal videos.

The Pets And Animals Thread Theme Song:

Don't use Bing to search for that video BTW...yeesh...

I have one pet officially, the family dog called Grendel. I also look after other people's pets and with some of them I am kind of like their second owner. For now, I'll just post pics of the main dog.

Here's Grendel!

LVeHUOU.jpg

o5CvxnD.jpg

OC8Ct4W.jpg

6fwzfym.jpg

That last pic was taken on AFL Grand Final when he was wearing his Collingwood jumper.

Post your pets!

mekes

Thanks J-Roderton J-Roderton and Bullet Club Bullet Club . Gambits a Chug, that’s the name he came with since all mixes get cool names these days. We met the parents so it is confirmed, but strangely he’s a little different looking than if you were to google for “chugs.”

His dad was a long blonde haired rockstar looking chihuahua and his mum was a lumpy, love handle having pitch black pug. Funny mix, especially if I still had the picture of them to show. Unfortunately I don’t. Gambit was the runt of the litter.

Any other dog owners on the boards?

J-Roderton

Thanks J-Roderton J-Roderton and Bullet Club Bullet Club . Gambits a Chug, that’s the name he came with since all mixes get cool names these days. We met the parents so it is confirmed, but strangely he’s a little different looking than if you were to google for “chugs.”

His dad was a long blonde haired rockstar looking chihuahua and his mum was a lumpy, love handle having pitch black pug. Funny mix, especially if I still had the picture of them to show. Unfortunately I don’t. Gambit was the runt of the litter.

Any other dog owners on the boards?

That’s awesome. I’ve got a Chiweenie (chihuahua/dachshund). I’ll have to post him here when I get a cool pic.

G-Bus

Banned
We got two dogs. Might get around to adding pictures

A 6.5 year old puggle my wife bought 4 months after dating when we moved in together. Consider it our relationship dog. She's a neurotic sweetheart. Don't think I'll ever get another dog that has beagle in it. Her nose causes trouble hah.

Also have a 5.5 year old pure bred great dane we rescued about two years ago. He was emaciated, neglected and had zero training. Also insanely dirty. You pet him for 5 seconds and your hand would turn black.
Hes a handful. A 135 pound puppy that reminds me of a bouncy lab. Lots of fun.... Sometimes

Last edited:
I've been in the midst of training a new pet parakeet. My kid and I have always liked birds as pets. Before my child was born I had an African Grey parrot that I really loved. But he became so territorial and possessive of me that when my child reached toddler stage I was really afraid that he would stick his fingers in his house and have one bitten off, so I reluctantly found a new home for him.

We had a cockatiel at my old home, but when my wife and I split I didn't want to take him away from his comfort zone.

So, I decided to pick up a parakeet. I had some when I was a teenager and they're fun little parrots. I had considered finding a hand-fed animal because they're much easier to work with, but one day I just said screw it and went to PetSmart and picked out one of the crowd. I knew it would be more of a challenge getting him tamed, but things are going well and trust is developing. Here's a pic from today.

JzyaMOa.png

His name is Donut. Actually his full name is Donut of Bebbanburg. (The Last Kingdom fans will know the reference.)

i took a pic of my cat once a couple years ago and i felt like a massive fucking sissy. my cat even looked at me like i was a fucking bitch for taking a picture of him

Mista

Banned
I see gaf are into dogs more than cats. Unfortunately I don’t have any pets but I would love to adopt a cat one day. Maybe when I get married

Top Bottom