• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds 2 Will Seemingly Be Built With Unreal Engine 5

EDMIX

Yeah its coming after Avowed plus 1st game was crowd funded and was very limited in budget. MS acquired them after game was done

True. With a MS backing, massive budget, more support in terms of teams, Unreal Engine 5, I'm willing to give a sequel a chance.

I don't think I count out any one regardless of what happens in the past, if the new title looks good, changes can be made and I'm open to giving any developer, publisher another chance.

GymWolf

ok... what's up with people playing games they don't like for 15 hours?

as an example, I popped in Days Gone into my PS4Pro, literally started the first big zombie fight, noticed the controls are complete trash, and never played it again until I got my PS5, where the 60fps in combination with gyro aim fixes the issue.

the only time I've ever played a game I didn't like for longer than 1h was when a friend challenged my to finish Uncharted 3 just so that I actually could really critique the game fairly. I failed at that, because that game is beyond trash, but yeah...
You can't judge an rpg in the first 2 hours, you have to wait for the quest, combat, progression to open up a little and i always give a fair chance to this type of games.

There are many genres where i understand in the first 5 min if the game is okay for me, but not this one unless we talk about simple things like controls or graphic but those are not everything in a videogame.

GymWolf

The first game was poor.

Why people keep telling themselves they liked it just to throw shade at Fallout 76 I'll never know.

I'm sure some people did like the game but ya.. for me a sequel is not that exciting.

Reviews really gave the first game a free ride
exactly, even elex with all his limits is a much better rpg imo.

Fredrik

I thought Outer Worlds was charming. A decent game. I look forward to what they can do with a proper budget and the same talent.
Yeah I enjoyed it a lot, never bothered replaying it for different story paths but I finished it and thought it was pretty great to be honest.

jhjfss

Well, of course. Unreal Engine is perfect for studios that lack the talent to create their own proprietary engine.
Come Here Black Ink Crew GIF by VH1

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
So is UE5 capable of creating female 3D models with long & attractive hair? Or are they going to encounter the same "problem" again? ;)

Laptop1991

I really enjoyed the 1st one, so i'm really looking forward to the 2nd with the extra resources Obsidian should have to work with, good news in my opnion, using better tech.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
MS benefits from Sony and Nintendo for using windows enterprise. Ms also benefits from Sony for using their azura cloud.

Sony is not using Azure. Microsoft bought Sony's hardware for their Azure, go read the whole article by Microsoft themselves. Also AWS and nearly all cloud services are using Sony's imaging sensors and optical disc archive systems.

Delivering the ability to safely and affordably store, secure, protect and recover your data for 100+ years, NETArchive provides a modular architecture consisting of high performance disk, cloud and Sony ODA optical tiers. With support for on-premises installations and cloud-based deployments in the Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, NETArchive delivers elastic scalability with simplified, cross-platform management and unrivaled control. It delivers a flexible, robust and secure solution that can be tailored to meet the data management, business continuity and long-term retention requirements in today’s complex business and IT environments.

Last edited:
Sony is not using Azure. Microsoft bought Sony's hardware for their Azure, go read the whole article by Microsoft themselves. Also AWS and nearly all cloud services are using Sony's imaging sensors and optical disc archive systems.

Delivering the ability to safely and affordably store, secure, protect and recover your data for 100+ years, NETArchive provides a modular architecture consisting of high performance disk, cloud and Sony ODA optical tiers. With support for on-premises installations and cloud-based deployments in the Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, NETArchive delivers elastic scalability with simplified, cross-platform management and unrivaled control. It delivers a flexible, robust and secure solution that can be tailored to meet the data management, business continuity and long-term retention requirements in today’s complex business and IT environments.

Using Azure data centers and eventually moving over to Microsoft's cloud solutions should allow Sony to focus on its own platform rather than trying to solve technical issues. Sony will also tap Microsoft's artificial intelligence services to improve the user interface in its products.
So what does Microsoft get out of the deal? Aside from adding a major customer to its already very profitable cloud business, the company will gain access to Sony's image sensors, which it plans to use to create "new intelligent image sensor solutions."
In addition, the two companies will explore the use of current Microsoft Azure datacenter-based solutions for Sony’s game and content-streaming services.
Emphasis added is mine.
the parties will explore incorporation of Microsoft’s advanced AI platform and tools in Sony consumer products, to provide highly intuitive and user-friendly AI experiences.
It was a trade. Intelligent image sensor solutions integrated into Azure AI tech for Azure tech.

Lethal01

Not really news is it though? "Game company uses latest version of game engine to make game". Groundbreaking news.

Nah it's very much news, companies are very slow to adopt new versions of engines and you will continue to see tons of UE4 games after UE5 is totally out

Top Bottom