• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds 2 - Official Announce Trailer

Well, at least they understand what they're doing. Still, so many games that are years out continue to be shown. Is it necessary?

Greggy

I was pleasantly surprised by the graphical upgrade.
Btw if someone doesn't have game pass it's officially gaming malpractice. Reprehensible.

tusharngf

giphy.gif

Bragr

Banned
Awesome trailer, there is sooooo much they can fix from the first game, so it's gonna be really interesting to check this out 3-4 years from now.

ZehDon

Gold Member
What amuses me the most about this trailer is that Obsidian showed up with basically nothing, they clearly knew it was gonna be terrible, and yet they still managed to make a CGI trailer that was a lot of fun. Gives a great first impression.

Then Redfall showed up with the same CGI bag of nothing, and instead of doing something interesting, they delivered five gut wrenching minutes of painfully, deeply, hauntingly unaware cringe.

I feel bad for Arkane; they got clowned on.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Inexile could be helping them on this maybe?

Can't imagine they are working on "another" fps rpg. How many are being developed at once?
Yeah maybe they are getting some outside studio help; it's just content for an established engine (UE4 + whatever they've done on top of it.)

Grounded is made by a small team of like a dozen.. Avowed is really their big game they are working on.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Played the game, the only way I will get 2 is if Obsidian moves to a real open world map and improves lore and enemy AI.

But honestly they should be working on Fallout 5 instead OW2. Microsoft should give them the control of that IP.

EDMIX

Maybe because Obsidian don't want it?Just maybe.
I prefer a TOW over FO 🤷

Agreed and tbh they said themselves to stop fucking comparing it to Fallout, that isn't what they made it for. Fans choose to do that and when it flopped, they made it sound like it wasn't enough like Fallout as if THAT was the reason it existed for.

So I feel MS is making the right call giving their teams more freedom. I don't want a Fallout by them if its by force.

I personally love Fallout 100x over Outer Worlds, but that could change with their next title as I'm willing to give em another chance with a bigger budget.

Top Bottom