• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The |OT| |OT|: Thread rebooted in gaming forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I’m working on an OT for the Xbox 1st-Party show on the 23rd. I haven’t seen anybody mention working on it already, but if you are just let me know.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Edit 7/27/2020...Ready to post this as OT in Off-Topic.

I wrote this in a message yesterday, but I really want to get it up and going.

The thread idea is pretty much just this. All I need is the green light to mark it as an OT and whether it would be better suited for 'Off-Topic' or 'Communities.'

*Rough draft
=====================================================================================
Official Alien Movie Franchise/Universe Thread

This thread is dedicated to discussion regarding the Alien movie franchise, fanfiction , the Alien universe, and relative film theory. I'll give a brief description of each of the mentioned ideas below to give and idea of what is relative to discuss.

Alien movies: Discussion regarding the Alien movies such as Alien 1979, Aliens 1986, and/or Alien3 1992. Spin-off movies should be discussed as well (I call these spin-offs rather than sequels as it seems most productive effort to make sequel ceased after Alien3). The spin-offs include: Alien Resurrection, Prometheus, and Covenant. Discussion will range anything from convtroversies, production notes, your opinions or experiences watching the movies, and so on.

Fandom: Post regarding Alien fandom can be in regard to your own fanfiction, novels/audio books written about the films (inlcuding the official novels by Allen Dean Foster), artwork, collections, soundtrack, actor trivia, etc.

Alien Universe: Post relative to the Alien Universe are also acceptable. These include topics surround other movies which fit into the Alien Universe either by sharing similar writers/staff or pop culture that has references to the Alien Universe. Examples of movies that fall into the Alien Universe: Dark Star 1974, Blade Runner 1982, Predator 1987, Aliens vs. Predators, etc.

Relative Film Theory: Posts regarding this theme will be in regard to your perception or opinions on production or ideas the film crew of Alien had (or may have had otherwise unsaid...thus making them theory). The film theory may cross-over into Alien lore, cinematic notes, behind the scenes info, and rumors about production.

Last edited:

Komatsu

I will be doing a Horizon Zero Dawn PC thread, as it's been long enough since the original release to merit its own standalone thread.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: GHG

rebel-scum8298

Neo Member
[b*]punk,thrash,grundge,and generallyheavy [/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]Rebel-scum [/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]08/06/2020 [/ur*l])
08/14/2020 and I would also like to add the goal here would be to talk about the heavier rock genres and to shine light on alot of great bands that don't get hear enough and they play songs that actually are pretty dqmn marketable really they are just part of a under represented community kinda . And also to find people to collaborate with on a project j intend to start thays going tk creat hard Rock music to be sold and or leased out to twitch streamers and other streamers of the sort thank u

Can someone make a thread on Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water?
Its a free download on the eshop right now. Its normally priced at $50.

This is especially a unique opportunity because the game will likely never be ported from the Wii U due to financial failure. When the eshop ceases to exist, so too will all legitimate ways to purchase and play this game.

Last edited:
Can someone make a thread on Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water?
Its a free download on the eshop right now. Its normally priced at $50.

This is especially a unique opportunity because the game will likely never be ported from the Wii U due to financial failure. When the eshop ceases to exist, so too will all legitimate ways to purchase and play this game.
I can't find an edit button, but ignore this; turns out it was a false alarm. The full game is dlc, this is just the first couple missions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Rogue Legacy 2 by jshackles (08/11/2020)
Releases 08/18/2020

Elcid

Banned
Unless someone's doing it already I'll take on the Avengers OT. *I CTLR+Fed and didn't find anything.
Marvel Avengers by Elcid (08/22/2020)
Release Date: 09/01/2020

I got a 4 page OT in a Word doc. Is there any way to test this without creating a thread?

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions OT coming next week.

Almost done.

cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
I've been thinking as there's quite a small number of OT makers what if we all put a poll in each OT that was changeable?

Like 'what did you rate this game?'
A - Great, must buy
B - Good, buy
C - Decent, rent or sale
D - Pass

Then when people open OTs they can view what GAFS consensus was and people can update it during their playthrough? I PMed a mod to see if the forum had anything better inbuilt but it sounds like it could be summat new we try going forward?

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I'm (slowly) working on a Retro Gaming thread.

Trying to cover:
  • Emulation
  • Real Hardware
  • FPGA
  • Analog Video
  • Scalers
  • CRTs
  • Modern Displays
  • Repair/Maintenance
  • Flash Carts

Only have a little bit written so far and don't have any photoshop/graphic design skills whatsoever, so I'll probably be asking around for help.

If there is anyone out there who would want to contribute w/ info and or graphics let me know.

Last edited:

DJT123

I turned off my adblocker in order to support this website. Then I got an ad to "Thank Michelle Obama" on my PC despite the fact that I hate the woman. Is this because my browser is Chrome or did "Stop Republicans" buy an ad on the site? Google did give me the option of saying it was "inappropriate". LOL, what crazy times.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
No Straight Roads

9Ak9bJ0.jpg

Guilty_AI

Can I make an OT for games that have already released on early access but have no OT yet?

Last edited:
Lionel Richie Lionel Richie - I would have appreciated if you had reached out to me before poaching the OT. I had spent some time working on it, and was planning on posting it today..

Oh shit bro, I'm terribly sorry. Maybe lock mine and do yours, that's fine by me. It never crossed my mind to check this thread. Won't happen again in the future. Again, I'm very sorry, it was an honest mistake.

Komatsu

Oh shit bro, I'm terribly sorry. Maybe lock mine and do yours, that's fine by me. It never crossed my mind to check this thread. Won't happen again in the future. Again, I'm very sorry, it was an honest mistake.

That's fine, man. I'll send you the images and write-ups later, if you don't mind updating the OP - I think they'll add some color to the OT.

That's fine, man. I'll send you the images and write-ups later, if you don't mind updating the OP - I think they'll add some color to the OT.

Will do bro, I'm going to bed soon-ish, but I'll edit as soon as I wake up tomorrow. Again, I'm truly sorry, I got a bit carried away and completely forgot about this thread lol.

Komatsu

It seems that nobody did Crysis back in July (checked the last 4 pages of this thread, as well as searched), so now that it's out for all platforms, I thought it deserved its own OT:

Komatsu

Tesseract Tesseract , GOTY comes out tomorrow and you need to make an OT. Spelunky 2, please and thank you.

Ask and ye shall receive.

We seem to have missed some OTs these last few weeks, I hope remedied that to some extent.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Ask and ye shall receive.

We seem to have missed some OTs these last few weeks, I hope remedied that to some extent.

Thanks and I'm glad I didn't. I'm so down on Spelunky 2 I'd just ruin the thread.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Should I do the |OT| for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? It seems I'm the only one here who care about this game.

Mista Mista Seeing as you made a pre-load Genshin Impact thread, I thought I'd ask if you already intended to make the OT. If not, I've been following the game pretty closely, and I think I could do a good job as far as information is concerned. That's not so much the case with images, though. Anyhow, if you don't have plans already, I'd like to take a shot at it.

[edit] I went ahead and started typing something up, but I'm also open to collaboration. Either way, just let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom