• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The |OT| |OT|: Thread rebooted in gaming forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
mod edit: no move needed - a new thread has been created and stickied in main gaming

@Mods - can we sticky this in the main forum. It became apparent that not a lot of people even knew the thread existed to claim official topics and it needs the exposure

A note upfront: Please read these guidelines before you make a claim for the first time. Please search (Ctrl + F) to make sure the game has not already been claimed.

If any juniors want to chip in with a request please do so. Work on it as normal and a member will sponsor the claim (until a clear direction is decided on by mods).

SOME BRIEF GUIDELINES ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO CLAIM HERE:
  • You're willing to work on it;
  • You'll update us if you change your mind;
  • You may be juniored if you don't deliver on your claim (as this negatively impacts others);
  • If someone else wants in after you, work with them. Also, if someone has claimed the OT already, PM them and offer some help (text,graphics etc.);
  • Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making dueling threads, it's not about excluding others;
  • Only claim games with a confirmed release date within twelve months;

HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM:
1.) Copy the code below depending on what kind of topic you are planning to make. Before doing so, be sure to remove the *'s from the code so it works.

Code:
[b*]TITLE[/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]AUTHOR[/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]EXPRESSION DATE[/ur*l])
RELEASE DATE

2.) Replace the data with your own data.
  • Title refers to the title of the topic you are claiming.
  • Author refers to your username, as well as a link to your own profile
  • Expression Date refers to the date you claimed the topic, and links back to that post.
3.) Include the expected release date for the product / event / whatever in that same post

WHAT MAKES A GOOD |OT|?
  • Use your personal experience with the game/series;
  • Use a balance of text and graphics or host your images somewhere that will remain;
  • Point out the key features;
  • Post platforms, dates, publisher, developer info;
  • Explain the different versions, DLC and season passes;
  • Be sensible with *.gif and/or *.webm use;

Last edited by a moderator:

cormack12

Gold Member
NEOGAF |OT| INDEX
################
NeoGAF GOTG (Gen 7) // cormack12 cormack12
Final Fight, Actually |OT| Sometime in the 1990s... // D dirthead
MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included) // Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown |OT| Yo, buddy...still alive? // mcz117chief mcz117chief
NeoGAF GOTY 2018 Results // cormack12 cormack12
Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998 // Dr. Claus Dr. Claus
Polybius |OT| So many things to see and do in the tubehole // Shifty Shifty
Kingdom Hearts 3 |OT| One χ-blade to rule them all // Dr. Claus Dr. Claus
Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3? // Codes 208 Codes 208
CRACKDOWN 3 |OT| The Cloud Only Plays Multiplayer Games. BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!! // V Voost Kain
Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools! // Typhares Typhares
Metro Exodus |OT| Epic Game! // Starfield Starfield
Fortnite Season 8: Discovery |OT| Epic invents pirates // EviLore EviLore
Wargroove |OT| How Mercia Got Her Groove Back // ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion
Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos // TGO TGO
Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Gimme Dat Vergil // Manus Manus
World of Warcraft Classic |OT| We're Going Home // AV AV
Black Desert |OT| Microsoft Finally got some Anime on Xbox! // V Voost Kain
Trüberbrook | OT | Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure With Hand Crafted Graphics // Vampire On Titus Vampire On Titus
The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall // cormack12 cormack12
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT | Borne of Souls // TGO TGO
MLB The Show 19 | OT | Baseball is the most important thing in the world, but MLB The Show is pretty good, too. // Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel PS4 - |OT| // RPGCrazied RPGCrazied
Path of Exile |OT| #4TheDiabloPlayers // cormack12 cormack12
Yoshi's Crafted World |OT| Get Yoshi, Feel Crafty // Andyliini Andyliini
Assassin's Creed III Remastered |OT| Now in 4K - The American Resolution // cormack12 cormack12
One Finger Death Punch 2 |OT| Do Not Button Mash! (It's only eight dollars, people) // LegendOfKage LegendOfKage
Blaster Master Zero 2 |OT| We don't NEED roads // iconmaster iconmaster
Overcooked 2: Campfire Cook Off |OT| Bears, Beavers, Owls, and S'More // jshackles jshackles
Forager |OT| Stardew Valley + Terraria + Zelda + Marshmallows = Forager // Bullet Club Bullet Club
Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud // bitbydeath bitbydeath
Fortnite Season 9 |OT| Epic Invents Capitalism // EviLore EviLore
Next-Gen PS5 & Next Xbox |OT| Speculation/Analysis/Leaks Thread // SonGoku SonGoku
RAGE 2 |OT| My name is Walker. My world is fire and pink // Helios Helios
Bubsy Paws on Fire |OT| // kbear kbear
Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination // GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger
Total War: Three Kingdoms |OT| The Romance of Epic PC Strategy Games // Kazza Kazza
A Plague Tale : Innocence |OT| A Mischief of Rats // Mista Mista
Steel Division II |OT| - Operation NeoGAF // SpartanForce SpartanForce
Square Enix official E3 2019 [OT] [Total Compendium of News] Press Conference 6PM EDT / 9PM EDT // D.Final D.Final
AMD Next Horizon Gaming Conference |OT| The One True Winner of E3 // jshackles jshackles
Collection of Mana |OT| Three Adventures // @deletedMember
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night |OT| What is a Kickstarter?!?! A Miserable Pile of Delays! // jshackles jshackles
Yakuza 5 HD/龍が如く5 夢、叶えし者 |OT| - Fulfiller of Dreams // SpartanForce SpartanForce
Judgment |OT| The Japanese Shārokku hōmuzu // Mista Mista
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled |OT| Oxide paved paradise to put up a parking lot // cormack12 cormack12
Last Gen PS3 & 360 Power OT |OT| Speculation/Analysis/Beating a 14 year dead horse Thread // LordOfChaos LordOfChaos
Super Mario Maker 2 |OT|:- Kaizo or Casual? Who cares! Let's Create, Play and Share! // Juke Joint Jezebel Juke Joint Jezebel
Samurai Shodown |OT| Buddhists Too Much Damage! // Nymphae Nymphae
Dragon Quest Builders 2 [OT] - Bigger, Better, Buildier! // McCheese McCheese
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| The Romance of Three Houses, or "Hogwarts SRPG" // Komatsu Komatsu
Wolfenstein: Youngblood |OT| Blood is Thicker than Water // Komatsu Komatsu
Fortnite World Cup 2019 |OT| EPIC (v)Bucks!!!! // cormack12 cormack12
Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure | OT | Love the Kitteh, fear the claws // Vampire On Titus Vampire On Titus
Ion Fury |OT|: Maiden Heaven! // Juke Joint Jezebel Juke Joint Jezebel
Remnant: From The Ashes |OT| Bit Challenging? Then It's Souls-Like! // Mista Mista
Oninaki |OT| Better not pout better not cry // sublimit sublimit
Control |OT| The power of the gun 'n' the palm of your hand // cormack12 cormack12
Astral Chain |OT| Anime, anime, ANIME COPS! // Komatsu Komatsu
Blair Witch |OT| Live your very own late 90s horror // Komatsu Komatsu
Final Fantasy VIII ® Remastered |OT| Recensored & Still Waiting... // TGO TGO
Catherine Full Body |OT| Look at that body! // Komatsu Komatsu
Gears 5 |OT| Rev Up The Lancers, Its Showtime! // Mista Mista
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne |OT| ICE, ICE BABY // TGO TGO
NBA 2K20 |OT| It's like Mardi Gras - there's one every year! // Komatsu Komatsu
Dreamcast 20th Anniversary |OT| Still Dreaming // Komatsu Komatsu
ePES 2020 |OT| This is eFootball // cormack12 cormack12
Borderlands 3 |OT| Vault Hunter, Welcome Back To The Borderlands // Mista Mista
Daemon X Machina [OT] For Whom the Moon Falls // Andyliini Andyliini
Greedfall |OT| - Doing what Bioware won't // RPGCrazied RPGCrazied

NEOGAF |OT| CLAIMS

############## UPCOMING ##############

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | OT| Walking on a Dream
by enlyzer (Sep 4)
September 20, 2019

Ghostbusters remastered by TGO TGO (Link)
October 4, 2019

The above thread idea and maintenance have been done in the past by Nemesis_ and TheMoon. Who have since moved on. They provided a great community service and have the thanks and respect that go with that.

Anything needing a status update can have a reserve claimer. I will tidy this up over the next week. If someone wants to make one for Off-Topic feel free - I'm just trying to maintain what we have so far.

Last edited:

TheMoon

Monster Hunter: World by BlizzKrut (September 1st, 2017) [need status update!]
January 26, 2018

got word Blizz isn't doing it anymore, pls remove

li bur

Hey Moon, you're not doing this any longer? And what's with the thread in the community? No longer good?

Did someone already call dibs on the Secret of Mana Remake OT? It's not due until February 15th but I already prepared some basic stuff incl. a version comparison and love to do the OT for that game.

TheMoon

Did someone already call dibs on the Secret of Mana Remake OT? It's not due until February 15th but I already prepared some basic stuff incl. a version comparison and love to do the OT for that game.

I mean the list couldn't be shorter and easier to just look at. Thread included. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to CTRL F "mana" at least, how do you expect anyone to look at your OT? Sorry for the attitude but...

I mean the list couldn't be shorter and easier to just look at. Thread included. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to CTRL F "mana" at least, how do you expect anyone to look at your OT? Sorry for the attitude but...

You should be. Stop being a dick!

Of course I'm able to read the list. I asked the question because there might be someone going to read this thread who's already committed to a SoM Remake OT. It's a rather new thread.

Kimawolf

Soo.. Since these seem unclaimed and are coming up, I'll make a few MOVIE OTS

[OT] Murder on the Orient Express by Kimawolf ( 11/2/17)
Nov 9th 2017

Since the person making the Justice League OT is banned I'll make it :

[OT] Justice League by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
Nov 17th 2017

And finally, I'll be able to work on the Star Wars VIII OT and anyone willing to help with banners or something or who wants to do it altogether sure. I will work on one as a backup in case one doesn't appear.

[OT] Star Wars VIII by Kimawolf (11/2/17)
Dec. 14th 2017 (back up)

Star Wars Battlefront 2? Anyone? NOV 17TH

Any CoD: WW2 OT? Is comes out tomorrow. If no I will throw one together tonight quickly so there is one at least.

Did COD. will also do others if need be just so we have them until more people volunteer.

Xenoblade 2 by Kimawolf (Nov 2nd)
Dec 1st 2017

DOOM for Switch by Kimawolf (Nov 2nd)
Holiay 2017

rsnl

Neo Member
I used to lurk before you had to claim OTs, you guys prob dont even remember that, so no GAF hasnt always had this thread

imho now that traffic is so low might as well go back to that system

Shifty

So, what's the over-under on claiming an OT for a game that didn't get one on first release but is now coming to other platforms?

Polybius came out at the start of the year on PS4 and didn't get much coverage on here, so I'd like to do an OT for it when the PC release happens. Should be sometime this month if PC Gamer and Jeff Minter are to be believed.

Quonny

You should be. Stop being a dick!

Of course I'm able to read the list. I asked the question because there might be someone going to read this thread who's already committed to a SoM Remake OT. It's a rather new thread.
I claimed it, but I am no longer doing it for GAF. Have at it.

Shadoron

Mario Party: The Top 100 by Shadoron (November 7, 2017)
November 10, 2017

So, what's the over-under on claiming an OT for a game that didn't get one on first release but is now coming to other platforms?

Polybius came out at the start of the year on PS4 and didn't get much coverage on here, so I'd like to do an OT for it when the PC release happens. Should be sometime this month if PC Gamer and Jeff Minter are to be believed.

I'd like to know where we stand on this too. I've been thinking of putting together an OT for Skyrim on Switch. What was the protocol before? Update and bump the original OT? Make a new one?

Need for Speed: Payback by TaurezAG (November 1, 2017)
Release date: November 10, 2017
Deluxe Edition early access: November 7, 2017
Play First trial: November 2, 2017

I'll need help creating the thread though.

If you still need someone to post your OT, let me know. My Mario Party OT will be going up around the same time. I can post yours if someone hasn't already contacted you.

cormack12

Gold Member

I'd like to know where we stand on this too. I've been thinking of putting together an OT for Skyrim on Switch

Yeah, there's also Dead Rising 4 PS4 w/ all DLC etc. in December.

I would say if the release has more software, DLC, enhancements then make a new OT - for example, Skyrim Enhanced Edition got a new | OT |

If the game is also/or coming to new platforms then again a new | OT | would be acceptable. I'd also go a little further in some instances and detail the exact features for the release, especially in the case of the Switch. What switch features and/or software are sepcific to that platform etc. - for example L.A. Noire has an | OT | reservation - although not heard from the creator so will PM them.

In fact if anyone wants to reserve L.A. Noire, just in case - just throw your name down.

Kimawolf

I would also add to people who may be hesitant they can't do it remember OT threads are made for people to discuss said game/movie/event. You don't need to be super fancy. Do your best and add all relevant information.

All we can do is our best. Eventually we will get better and it will come faster and easier, but don't be intimidated.

I would also add to people who may be hesitant they can't do it remember OT threads are made for people to discuss said game/movie/event. You don't need to be super fancy. Do your best and add all relevant information.

All we can do is our best. Eventually we will get better and it will come faster and easier, but don't be intimidated.

That's inspiring!

Im expecting my first baby in 3 weeks, but will try to take on the task of Black Friday and Cyber Monday OT.

not sure how good it will be, but it will at least be somewhere to discuss and contain some information

edit - this is a weird OT though, so when should it go up?? like now.. and i can update as we go, or just make it a a few days before??

mcz117chief

Hi, I still plan to do both OTs for Ace Combat and EDF but only after they are released worldwide. I won't do Japan-only/import OTs.

Shifty

If the game is also/or coming to new platforms then again a new | OT | would be acceptable.

Cool, thanks. The PC release date for Polybius seems to be shifting around based on further research, so shall I stick an official claim in now with a vague "Holiday 2017 / Early 2018" date, or wait it out until something more concrete comes along?

If the latter, I'll just treat this as my unofficial claim until then :p

fuck evil lore in the ass though

G'bye.

Edit: That edit lol

luulubuu

Good luck trying to engage the "community" to produce stuff.

The ot for Xbox one x, A big console, Is like one paragraph.

SirNinja

The ot for Xbox one x, A big console, Is like one paragraph.

And? The X1X is one of those products where virtually everyone who wants one knows what it is. You don't really need an OT that's as long as War and Peace for that thing. (The OT on Era is only slightly longer anyway, so...??)

Also it was done at the last minute because no one had claimed it. Thread looks pretty good, all things considered.

Thanks for the encouragement. Same sentiments to the other place ;)

cormack12

Gold Member
Cool, thanks. The PC release date for Polybius seems to be shifting around based on further research, so shall I stick an official claim in now with a vague "Holiday 2017 / Early 2018" date, or wait it out until something more concrete comes along?

Yeah, it's fair game to claim now :)

Hi, I still plan to do both OTs for Ace Combat and EDF but only after they are released worldwide. I won't do Japan-only/import OTs.

Great stuff!

luulubuu

And? The X1X is one of those products where virtually everyone who wants one knows what it is. You don't really need an OT that's as long as War and Peace for that thing. (The OT on Era is only slightly longer anyway, so...??)

Also it was done at the last minute because no one had claimed it. Thread looks pretty good, all things considered.

Thanks for the encouragement. Same sentiments to the other place ;)

;) do you have something in the eye? why you ;) me

Don't ;) me again.

Kimawolf

;) do you have something in the eye? why you ;) me

Don't ;) me again.

What? Umm anyhow people are trying. It takes time to make a good OT. And our One X thread was made last minute.

The OTs will get better and better.

I will have the DOOM and Murder On the Orient Express OTs done tomorrow as well btw folks.

luulubuu

What? Umm anyhow people are trying. It takes time to make a good OT. And our One X thread was made last minute.

The OTs will get better and better.

I will have the DOOM and Murder On the Orient Express OTs done tomorrow as well btw folks.

Time will tell, but sticking this NOW when the community is flatline'd and not THEN when it was healthy seems a bit shitty.

People, including myself were doing a good job by bringing up quality content in a self managed system without external help, now that you have it, I want to see how good can you get.

How useful would an OP generator be to help creators?

Type some stuff, upload an image, click a few buttons, and then generate the BBcode.

...I'm happy to create this.

Shifty

Polybius by Shifty. (8th November 2017)
Holiday 2017 / Early 2018 (PC)

Yeah, it's fair game to claim now :)

Excellent, time to get to work!

How useful would an OP generator be to help creators?

Type some stuff, upload an image, click a few buttons, and then generate the BBcode.

...I'm happy to create this.

I'd probably end up putting mine together manually, but that sounds like it could be really handy for people that aren't super confident in their OT making abilities.

Time will tell, but sticking this NOW when the community is flatline'd and not THEN when it was healthy seems a bit shitty.

People, including myself were doing a good job by bringing up quality content in a self managed system without external help, now that you have it, I want to see how good can you get.

So rather than coming in to reclaim the RE7 Gold and Okami OTs that Jawmuncher is picking up the slack on, you're here to shitpost about how GAF is doomed under the guise of holding it to some high standard because the |OT| OT is stickied now?

Seems more like you're looking for something to complain about. GAF was hardly hurting for OTs when this thread was non-sticky prior to the meltdown.

Don't ;) me again.

Very constructive, thanks for your contribution ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom